Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Time to renegotiate my Home Internet again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    You can challenge the increase in appraisal value. My MiL does this regularly. I'm not sure it's a good idea if you ever plan to sell, but that's not a consideration for them.
    I called the former tax assessor/collector for Harris County, who now provides a service doing the challenging FOR you, and he looked up my info and said "you are flying SO LOW under the radar, you don't want to draw attention to yourself!"
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My cable provider changed my favorite channel to a higher number - meaning I need a different package to watch it.

Dish, here I come...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I have shopped around a LOT, and I keep coming back to Liberty Mutual. They had a special rate if you belonged to a Credit Union, and I DID! I switched for a while to .. um.... can't think of the other company, but came back to Liberty. When I call to ask my agent (who I know on a first name basis ) about my rate, she says "let's see if we can get you a better deal".

I have a teenage granddaughter, for instance, who just turned 18 and got her drivers license. My agent, Bernie, checked into adding her to MY insurance, and it would be $1500 a year. BUT, since my oldest daughter (Heidi's Mom) is on a "friends and relatives" plan of mine, Bernie figured out she could insure Heidi for $450 a year on my daughter's plan.
        I will check into them. Coincidentally, they are a client of our law firm :-) so if you ever sue them, watch out poopiehead!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I will check into them. Coincidentally, they are a client of our law firm :-) so if you ever sue them, watch out poopiehead!!!
          They have really been good to us. We were in California when a neighbor called to tell us there was water coming out of our house, so my youngest daughter went and checked. A toilet supply line had ruptured, and the entire bedroom area had about 2" of standing water, and still flowing! She turned off the water, and I called Liberty Mutual.

It was 2 days before our return flight, so while I was talking to Bernie, she said "Don't come home early! There's nothing you can do, and we already have people at your house sucking up the water and pulling up the carpets!"

Yeah, it would have cost an arm and a leg to rebook the return flight to EARLIER, and when we got home, they had already removed carpets and the damaged sheet rock and wood paneling, and were working on getting it back in shape. Absolutely excellent service!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They have really been good to us. We were in California when a neighbor called to tell us there was water coming out of our house, so my youngest daughter went and checked. A toilet supply line had ruptured, and the entire bedroom area had about 2" of standing water, and still flowing! She turned off the water, and I called Liberty Mutual.

It was 2 days before our return flight, so while I was talking to Bernie, she said "Don't come home early! There's nothing you can do, and we already have people at your house sucking up the water and pulling up the carpets!"

Yeah, it would have cost an arm and a leg to rebook the return flight to EARLIER, and when we got home, they had already removed carpets and the damaged sheet rock and wood paneling, and were working on getting it back in shape. Absolutely excellent service!
            I never had any complaint with State Auto either. except the cost rising.

I once had my roof damaged by a storm and they paid for a new roof and the damage to my house. And once I was burglarized at my old house and they replaced everything stolen with new items. And I know my agent by name too and like her. I just am upset that my rates keep climbing all the time. I know for a fact that there are still houses in my neighborhood that have gone unsold for several years now (and it's a nice 10 year old newer subdivision) so I can't see prices climbing that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I never had any complaint with State Auto either. except the cost rising.

I once had my roof damaged by a storm and they paid for a new roof and the damage to my house. And once I was burglarized at my old house and they replaced everything stolen with new items. And I know my agent by name too and like her. I just am upset that my rates keep climbing all the time. I know for a fact that there are still houses in my neighborhood that have gone unsold for several years now (and it's a nice 10 year old newer subdivision) so I can't see prices climbing that fast.
              I used to print my declarations page of my policy showing all my coverages, but black out all the dollar amounts, then fax or mail or scan/email to insurance agents to see what they can do. It's the best way I know to get "apples to apples" comparisons.

Comment

I used to print my declarations page of my policy showing all my coverages, but black out all the dollar amounts, then fax or mail or scan/email to insurance agents to see what they can do. It's the best way I know to get "apples to apples" comparisons.
                good idea. I might give that a shot.

Comment

Apparently this guy is upset his drug prices have gone up and filed a complaint...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X