Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller report will be 'devastating' for the president: Frequent Trump defender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    ...it's notably difficult to support a legal case with admitted liars.
    Especially when their (supposed) lies have no direct bearing on the matter being investigated.

And here's something interesting I read recently: you don't actually have to lie to be charged with a process crime. You just have to say something that contradicts someone else, and then the prosecutor gets to decide if he wants to charge you with lying to investigators. In Flynn's case, it seems that Mueller used the indictment as leverage but didn't have a solid enough case to pursue incarceration.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Especially when their (supposed) lies have no direct bearing on the matter being investigated.
      Not to excuse lying, but those lies wouldn't even exist apart from the investigation. Hence, they are "process crimes".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        They’re both related. The discussion between Trump associates and Putin were about the US removing the hated sanctions (imposed by Obama) against Russia (including Russian banks) so as to “loan” Russian money for the building of Moscow Trump Tower. The quid quo pro was that Putin would interfere with the US elections favouring Trump and harming Hillary. This seems to be the outcome of Flynn’s 'substantial assistance' to the special counsel that resulted in no jail time for Flynn.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/04/p...ing/index.html
        Trump? Aren't you forgetting about...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Isn't that where she was giving the Russians permission to overcharge? Like when they take our astronauts into space?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Hillary sells a significant portion of our uranium to Russia while she and Bill accept millions of dollars in "donations" from Russian oligarchs.

Democrats say, "But they're our friends!"

Preside Elect Trump's transition team meets with Russian dignitaries.

Democrats say, "But they're our enemies!"

Comment

Because they're not telling you what you want to hear?
              You mean as opposed to your extreme right wing, propaganda source Breitbart?
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Source: Dershowitz: Mueller Investigation Is Over ‘as Far as Trump’s Concerned’

Monday on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz reacted to President Donald Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani saying the president would not sit down for an interview with FBI special counsel Robert Mueller.

Dershowitz said it appears the investigation into Trump “is over” unless Mueller’s team subpoenas him.

“I think the cards that were shown yesterday were that this investigation as far as Trump’s concerned is over unless they try to subpoena him and then we have a constitutional conflict because Trump asserts article 2 and other constitutional rights,” Dershowitz said.

He then added, “I suspect we’re on the way to a Mueller report which will find no crimes but will find political sins which are not the proper function of a special counsel. … Prosecutors are supposed to find only crimes.”

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...-is-concerned/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Source: Dershowitz: Mueller Investigation Is Over ‘as Far as Trump’s Concerned’

Monday on Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz reacted to President Donald Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani saying the president would not sit down for an interview with FBI special counsel Robert Mueller.

Dershowitz said it appears the investigation into Trump “is over” unless Mueller’s team subpoenas him.

“I think the cards that were shown yesterday were that this investigation as far as Trump’s concerned is over unless they try to subpoena him and then we have a constitutional conflict because Trump asserts article 2 and other constitutional rights,” Dershowitz said.

He then added, “I suspect we’re on the way to a Mueller report which will find no crimes but will find political sins which are not the proper function of a special counsel. … Prosecutors are supposed to find only crimes.”

The eminent Prof Dershowitz and not so eminent Breitbart are in the minority position.

It’s not just Russia that has Trump frantic, although he is now in a position of increasing political and legal vulnerability after weeks of devastating revelations and court filings related to the Russia investigation with more to come.

But, as well, looming over this is the new reality, fueled by weeks of court filings by special counsel Mueller and other prosecutors that every corner of Trump's public life is now under investigation: his White House, his campaign, his presidential transition, his inaugural committee, his businesses. Everything, and with it an escalation of Trump lies and frantic defenses as his twitter fingers run hot with rage.

I think it's reasonable to now say that Donald has been a very naughty boy and not just with the ladies.
                  Last edited by Tassman; 12-18-2018, 01:22 AM.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    The eminent Prof Dershowitz and not so eminent Breitbart are in the minority position.

It’s not just Russia that has Trump frantic, although he is now in a position of increasing political and legal vulnerability after weeks of devastating revelations and court filings related to the Russia investigation with more to come.

But, as well, looming over this is the new reality, fueled by weeks of court filings by special counsel Mueller and other prosecutors that every corner of Trump's public life is now under investigation: his White House, his campaign, his presidential transition, his inaugural committee, his businesses. Everything, and with it an escalation of Trump lies and frantic defenses as his twitter fingers run hot with rage.

I think it's reasonable to now say that Donald has been a very naughty boy and not just with the ladies.
                    Starting with a person and looking for crimes is harassment. but it isn't a problem when you liberals are on the pitchfork handle's end.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Source: Dershowitz: Mueller Investigation Is Over ‘as Far as Trump’s Concerned’

Yeah, but Dershowitz as he so often makes clear on Fox News, isn't acting as defense Attorney for Trump. I don't know what the thing is with Dershowitz other than his friendship with Trump, but he is going way out of his way to defend the very and obvious corrupt Trump, his organization and his administration. To declare that the investigation into Trump is over is so over the top idiotic, one has to wonder whats really going on with Dershowitz. Even Fox news own Judge Nepolitano says that Trump could already be secretly under indictment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Starting with a person and looking for crimes is harassment. but it isn't a problem when you liberals are on the pitchfork handle's end.
                        They didn't start with a person, they started with what a person did, the firing of the FBI head, J. Comey, for not going along with Trumps obstruction scheme of "letting the Flynn thing go." You probably have no idea what Flynn was under investigation for at the time and that the Trump administration was well aware of it and yet kept him on in the administration long after knowing it. Comey knew that, and so to go along with the Presidents suggestion "to let the Flynn thing go" would have been like a soldier obeying an illegal command. Apparently, so it seems, you extreme right wingers are all for autocracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          They didn't start with a person, they started with what a person did, the firing of the FBI head, J. Comey, for not going along with Trumps obstruction scheme of "letting the Flynn thing go." You probably have no idea what Flynn was under investigation for at the time and that the Trump administration was well aware of it and yet kept him on in the administration long after knowing it. Comey knew that, and so to go along with the Presidents suggestion "to let the Flynn thing go" would have been like a soldier obeying an illegal command. Apparently, so it seems, you extreme right wingers are all for autocracy.
                          Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/incoming-new-york-attorney-general-plans-wide-ranging-investigations-trump-n946706

New York Attorney Gen.-elect Letitia James says she plans to launch sweeping investigations into President Donald Trump, his family and "anyone" in his circle who may have violated the law once she settles into her new job next month.

"We will use every area of the law to investigate President Trump and his business transactions and that of his family as well," James, a Democrat, told NBC News in her first extensive interview since she was elected last month

Q.E.D.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/incoming-new-york-attorney-general-plans-wide-ranging-investigations-trump-n946706

New York Attorney Gen.-elect Letitia James says she plans to launch sweeping investigations into President Donald Trump, his family and "anyone" in his circle who may have violated the law once she settles into her new job next month.

"We will use every area of the law to investigate President Trump and his business transactions and that of his family as well," James, a Democrat, told NBC News in her first extensive interview since she was elected last month

Q.E.D.
                            Well, that is only because of the evidence of Trumps corruption already uncovered as a result of the Mueller investigation and journalism initiated by Trumps obstruction. The Atty Gen, is not just starting with the person as you put it, she's starting with the evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Well, that is only because of the evidence of Trumps corruption already uncovered as a result of the Mueller investigation and journalism initiated by Trumps obstruction. The Atty Gen, is not just starting with the person as you put it, she's starting with the evidence.
                              No it isn't. It's covering far more than Mueller's light-years off course witch hunt...
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No it isn't. It's covering far more than Mueller's light-years off course witch hunt...
                                I said evidence brought out by both the Mueller as well jounalist investigations into the corrupt Trump organization.

Comment