Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller report will be 'devastating' for the president: Frequent Trump defender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Somehow, I don't think that's what Zymologist was pointing out. Nice dodge, though.
    Relax, my friend. It appeared to me like a fair question since and if it was what he had intended to point to he had actually found an error that need clarification. And I answered his intended question as well. Be happy.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      And, naturally, when there's a misunderstanding, it's obvious that you are right, not the entire rest of the civilized world*.

Bless your heart.

*may be a slight exaggeration
      In this case, yes, because I did not make the statement. And you have held quite stubbornly on to the idea that I somehow implied it and now seemingly you don't want to admit that.

Bless your heart and go study basic logic, please.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        In this case, yes, because I did not make the statement. And you have held quite stubbornly on to the idea that I somehow implied it and now seemingly you don't want to admit that.

Bless your heart and go study basic logic, please.
        We are so blessed to have such a high caliber expert in communications such as you in our midst, Charles. I'll get my Big Chief Yellow Tablet and Crayolas, and take copious notes.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No problem. Like I wrote I base that partly on his statement that he also knows that Trump’s layers are already working on an answer. I have a hard time imagining Dershowitz would make up such statements just for the fun of it. And I find it hardly unlikely he would take the risk of being proven wrong on this. None of this amounts to facts and I am not completely certain which is why I used the word "seems". What is your take on it?
          If you are not completely certain, why did you end with stating that he "obviously finds it very devastating"? That rather implies certainly, don't you think?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
            I base that partly on his statement that he also knows that Trump’s [lawyers] are already working on an answer.
            Of course they are. That's pretty much public knowledge. It's what lawyers do. You don't need "inside info" to figure that out.

I again point to the fact that Dershowitz makes only general statements and says nothing specific or definitive. He's just filling air-time and earning a paycheck.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No problem. Like I wrote I base that partly on his statement that he also knows that Trump’s layers are already working on an answer. I have a hard time imagining Dershowitz would make up such statements just for the fun of it. And I find it hardly unlikely he would take the risk of being proven wrong on this. None of this amounts to facts and I am not completely certain which is why I used the word "seems". What is your take on it?
              I don't really have a take on it, I was just curious.

Anyone: Is there any kind of ETA on Mueller's report? Any word on if it will be publicly available?
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                I don't really have a take on it, I was just curious.

Anyone: Is there any kind of ETA on Mueller's report? Any word on if it will be publicly available?
                I wouldn't lay odds on whether it remains under wraps.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

We are so blessed to have such a high caliber expert in communications such as you in our midst, Charles. I'll get my Big Chief Yellow Tablet and Crayolas, and take copious notes.
                  Finally we agree. Or did I imply something that I should not have implied based on your statement?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    I wouldn't lay odds on whether it remains under wraps.
                    I'm amazed, as leaky as this White House has been, and with the supposed "insiders" who are working to protect us from Trump, that there haven't been leaks about what's in the report. The White House could learn a thing or two from Mueller in that regard.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Finally we agree. Or did I imply something that I should not have implied based on your statement?
                      Naw, it's just fun having you around when things get slow. You're doing a great job, keep it up! You are highly respected and deeply loved here on Tweb.

Comment

I'm amazed, as leaky as this White House has been, and with the supposed "insiders" who are working to protect us from Trump, that there haven't been leaks about what's in the report. The White House could learn a thing or two from Mueller in that regard.
                        And at some point probably soon the White House will learn more than a thing or two from Mueller though I don't know when.

Comment

And at some point probably soon the White House will learn more than a thing or two from Mueller though I don't know when.
                          Lemme write that down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Of course they are. That's pretty much public knowledge. It's what lawyers do. You don't need "inside info" to figure that out.

I again point to the fact that Dershowitz makes only general statements and says nothing specific or definitive. He's just filling air-time and earning a paycheck.
                            If you had at least said he does not seem to have inside knowledge it would have been another case. Nothing you have shown makes the case that he does not have inside knowledge.
                            Last edited by Charles; 11-26-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                              If you had at least said he does not seem to have inside knowledge it would have been another case. Nothing you have shown makes the case that he does not have inside knowledge.
                              In other words, you're going to nitpick instead of simply conceding that I'm probably correct.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                In other words, you're going to nitpick instead of simply conceding that I'm probably correct.
                                Probably correct in a statement you have not and seemingly cannot support?

Comment