Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Church in Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church in Phoenix

It's been a rough few years for me, I went through a lot of stuff and even had to leave my homeland (California!) I'm living in Phoenix, AZ all by myself, hundreds of miles from family. I would like to find a church to go to, but because of my social anxiety disorder, it's incredibly hard. I have tried to attend one that is right down the road from me, but every time I get ready to go, I get a severe panic attack.

I'm at a turning point in my life right now. Like I said, the last 5-7 years have been a rough patch. Those who know me know I carry a lot of baggage. I'm kind of adrift here and rudderless. Any prayers on my behalf or advice would be greatly appreciated
    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There are certainly forces which would work to keep you from church. Would it help to think of standing up against the forces of evil to get over your anxiety? I'm just spitballing here.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I pray that you will get the courage to venture out and find a good church home and make some local friends.

Hammy, I have known you for around 15 years now. You are a very nice and lovable person. You have nothing to fear. People naturally like you. Look at all the people around here that do!

Comment

Never forget that you'll always have friends here and we'll be praying for you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Watch out for that guy that used to be on T-Web before the crash claiming that God was speaking to him and wrote a book about it. It's probably in all the Phoenix libraries, if they didn't throw it away. What was his name?
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
              Watch out for that guy that used to be on T-Web before the crash claiming that God was speaking to him and wrote a book about it. It's probably in all the Phoenix libraries, if they didn't throw it away. What was his name?
              Michael Cadry? Eh, aside from being whack he seemed like a nice guy.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Michael Cadry? Eh, aside from being whack he seemed like a nice guy.
                  That's the name. Yes, he seemed nice. But he couldn't understand why nobody believed him.

Edited by a Moderator

Anyway, give my regards to Glenn Campbell, wherever he is.
                  Last edited by Sparko; 11-27-2018, 07:27 AM.
                  When I Survey....

Comment

thanks guys!
                    "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I pray that you will get the courage to venture out and find a good church home and make some local friends.

Hammy, I have known you for around 15 years now. You are a very nice and lovable person. You have nothing to fear. People naturally like you. Look at all the people around here that do!

That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                        Anyway, give my regards to Glenn Campbell, wherever he is.
                        He's searching in the sun for another overload.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment