No announcement yet.

"Appetizers" Just Don't Make Sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the appetizers are so big I have just ordered an appetizer AS dinner before.

And then when I was younger, we had a friend who we would invite out to dinner at a Chi-chi's mexican restaurant and she was so cheap she would just eat the chips and salsa for 'dinner'

Which reminds me of this:

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Some of the appetizers are so big I have just ordered an appetizer AS dinner before.

More than once I've gone into Outback and made a meal of a Bloomin' Onion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        He can't help that he's geographically challenged. He's a Texan!
        Yes.

However, he IS Tweb's Spelling and Grammar Nazi.

Just sayin'.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And one can only imagine what sorta stuff they try to pass off as champagne in Texas. I'm figuring I could make a fortune dropping Alka-Seltzer into Ginger Ale and selling it as champagne there
          It'd have to be somebody other than me - I can't even spell the stuff, let alone try to drink it!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            It'd have to be somebody other than me - I can't even spell the stuff, let alone try to drink it!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

"Appletizers", anyone?
              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

"Appletizers", anyone?
                Are those Cheese Turds?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are those Cheese Turds?
                  Nope, apple sticks.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2012/05...-apple-sticks/
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Are those Cheese Turds?
                    Looks like either some sorta apple fritter or maybe apple sticks

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Story behind that --- we had a local restaurant where you could buy Wisconsin White Cheese Curds.

My granddaughter loved them, and we hadn't been back there for a while, so one day we went in (she was about 5) and she recognized the place and yelled "PAPA, THIS IS THE PLACE THAT HAS CHEESE TURDS!!!!"

Everybody laughed except Nana - she went back out to the car. She is SO proper.

Comment

Story behind that --- we had a local restaurant where you could buy Wisconsin White Cheese Curds.

My granddaughter loved them, and we hadn't been back there for a while, so one day we went in (she was about 5) and she recognized the place and yelled "PAPA, THIS IS THE PLACE THAT HAS CHEESE TURDS!!!!"

Everybody laughed except Nana - she went back out to the car. She is SO proper.
                        I have a cousin who when he was young (before my time) wanted a castrator for Christmas. Nobody knew what he meant and apparently were too afraid to ask. Well one day when they were out shopping, as they got to the check out, he pointed at the cash register and said very loudly "That's the castrator mommy!" His older brother swears that the cashier thought he meant her but my aunt denied this.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I have a cousin who when he was young (before my time) wanted a castrator for Christmas. Nobody knew what he meant and apparently were too afraid to ask. Well one day when they were out shopping, as they got to the check out, he pointed at the cash register and said very loudly "That's the castrator mommy!" His older brother swears that the cashier thought he meant her but my aunt denied this.
                          Like one of our Australian college students (when I was college minister) asked if all cars in Texas had ignishnas.... I asked, like "keys... ignition... starters?" He said, "no, mate, like it's so bloomin hot, you want to turn on the ignishna!" (air conditioner)

Comment

Like one of our Australian college students (when I was college minister) asked if all cars in Texas had ignishnas.... I asked, like "keys... ignition... starters?" He said, "no, mate, like it's so bloomin hot, you want to turn on the ignishna!" (air conditioner)
                            Of course there was the time my family was traveling on vacation and my dad decided to drive all the way through on a 1200 mile drive (coincidentally to visit the same relatives in the castrator story). It was after midnight and we stopped at an all-night truck stop diner for a bite to eat. I can not for the life of me explain why but when asked I told the waitress I wanted a hamburger and french farters.

Comment