Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    Umm...I don't see that I made any response to that post whatsoever - and for a good reason: I didn't see it.

So how exactly is that a claim that I was "uninterested" or "didn't want to spend the time?"

You seem to be doing what CP just did - ascribing motivations to me that have nothing to do with my actual motivations.
    well you have now.

Comment

Why would I deny it, MM? You have clearly shown yourself to be the TWeb expert on my psyche.
      It doesn't take an expert to see through your veneer of disingenuous civility.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Funny thing about expectations. When we have them - we usually find ways to make them come true...
        Speak for yourself.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          It doesn't take an expert to see through your veneer of disingenuous civility.
          From every indication I've seen, he's sincere and thinks he's being civil.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            I would concur.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              I call it a lack of self-awareness.

Comment

• Interesting...

Missing: Key Documents About Alleged Misconduct By Robert Mueller’s Lead Prosecutor

Andrew Weissmann, the lead prosecutor for Special Counsel Robert Mueller, has a history of questionable conduct. But the full extent of Weissmann’s alleged prosecutorial misconduct is unclear because some of the most serious charges were hidden behind redactions and secreted in sealed court filings.

Two months ago I sued to have these records released, but late Friday federal Judge Sim Lake’s case manager confirmed that several of the sought-after documents are missing from the court record.

In early November, Houston attorney Kevin Fulton of the Fulton Law Group filed a motion in a Texas federal court to unseal and unredact court records related to claimed prosecutorial misconduct by Weissmann during the latter’s stint as the head of the Enron Task Force.

In a joint motion to dismiss the criminal charges filed against them, four individuals connected to the Enron collapse alleged that Weissmann had improperly threatened witnesses to keep them from speaking with defense lawyers. In support of their motion, the defendants included an email Weissmann had sent to the lawyer of a “critical witness.” What exactly Weissmann said, though, is unclear, as the brief redacted the details:

Even if cause originally existed to keep the content of this email secret, with the underlying criminal cases now complete, there is no longer a basis to hide the details from the public. Thus, my motion to unredact the public record asked Judge Lake, who had presided over the criminal cases, to release unredacted copies of several court filings, most significantly the joint motion to dismiss, which included this email and other relevant details.

Over the holidays, though, the court entered an “amended notice,” announcing that after “a full and exhaustive” search by the clerk, certain court filings “were unrecoverable in their original or un-redacted form,” including the unredacted copy of the joint motion to dismiss and the supporting memorandum. Also missing from the court record was the government’s unredacted response to this motion, which likely would have included the full text—or relevant portions—of the Weissmann email.

Additionally, in the amended notice the court stated that it could not find in the case records the unredacted copy of the declaration made by Michael Tigar, an expert witness who averred that in his 40 years of experience trying criminal cases in state and federal courts, he had never seen such “unfair pressures brought to bear on the adversary system in a single case.” Several of Tigar’s other conclusions, however, were hidden behind redactions.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Andrew Weissmann, the lead prosecutor for Special Counsel Robert Mueller, has a history of questionable conduct.

This is what's known as a "dog bites man" story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Andrew Weissmann, the lead prosecutor for Special Counsel Robert Mueller, has a history of questionable conduct.

This is what's known as a "dog bites man" story.
                    He is hardly the only member of Mueller's team that has been officially sanctioned for prosecutorial misconduct. A few years ago the same judge overseeing the prosecution of Michael Flynn, Emmet Sullivan, seriously sanctioned some of them for suborning perjured testimony from a contractor during the trial of former Alaska Senator Ted Stevens. They got him to claim that he did a free $150,000 remodeling job on Stevens' house in exchange for political favors. Stevens lost re-election and was convicted of a felony although the verdict was later vacated by Sullivan due to multiple instances of prosecutorial misconduct.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment