Alaska - Earthquake and Tsunami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    We did just move into Anchorage from Peter's Creek. This was the most violent shake I have experienced in all my years. Things fell off shelve and such. I was, and still am. under the weather so aside from a few things falling rpm shelves all I got was some heavy shaking. It terrified our dog. We are still getting after shakes, one just hit as I was typing.

Well I just wanted to touch base. Off to bed in just a moment.
    Thanks for checking in with us, GJ. Glad you are safe, albeit shaken.

We love you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I haven't heard about any looting in Anchorage after the quakes. Maybe because everyone has guns up there are actually respect other people's property?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Maybe because everyone has guns up there are actually respect other people's property?
        Please translate.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I haven't heard about any looting in Anchorage after the quakes. Maybe because everyone has guns up there are actually respect other people's property?
          When I watch Alaska State Troopers, I'm amazed at how many people with whom they have contact who have both guns and booze.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Please translate.
            The presence of an armed populace may have been a deterrent to looting. I remember lao posting about how a military veteran friend of his, who stayed in his home after a hurricane ravaged the region because the hotel wouldn't allow him to bring his dog, stopped some looters in his neighborhood when they saw him armed with either a rifle or shotgun.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              The presence of an armed populace may have been a deterrent to looting. I remember lao posting about how a military veteran friend of his, who stayed in his home after a hurricane ravaged the region because the hotel wouldn't allow him to bring his dog, stopped some looters in his neighborhood when they saw him armed with either a rifle or shotgun.
              That appears to have been his intent at the beginning of the sentence, but he seems to have switched thought mid-stream or something.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

That appears to have been his intent at the beginning of the sentence, but he seems to have switched thought mid-stream or something.
                Since I speak besotted pirate I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think it helped, that although there was some significant damage in Anchorage, there weren't a lot of evacuations and thus houses/neighborhoods sitting empty.
                  We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Please translate.
                    Maybe because everyone has guns up there AND actually respect other people's property?

Comment