Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

President George H.W. Bush dead at 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Your dear sweet grandmother is lovingly naive and wonderfully charitable with regards to Hillary's political "politics of destruction"?
    I wonder what she thinks of Hillary's oft repeated claim that she was named after a national hero of Kiwiland -- Sir Edmund Hillary (HRC was born on October 26, 1947)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      Wow, your powers of telepathy are incredible. Can you know the thoughts of any individual of your choosing, or is your mind-reading limited to Hillary Clinton?
      Ironic comment since you continue to pretend you can read Trump’s mind and the minds of everyone that voted for him. My view is colored by the fact that she went on a war path and destroyed the lives of her husbands victims.

And why should I believe your view, as opposed to my grandmother's view that Hillary showed great courage and loyalty and love by supporting her husband through his scandals that rather than rejecting him?
      Because she worked on destroying the lives of her husbands victims and helped him escape justice for his crimes. Ironic how liberals claim to care about sexual assault victims, unless they were sexually assisted by liberals that is.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I wonder what she thinks of Hillary's oft repeated claim that she was named after a national hero of Kiwiland -- Sir Edmund Hillary (HRC was born on October 26, 1947)
        Sir Edmund Hillary was born: July 20, 1919, Auckland, New Zealand. Hillary Clinton, according to Snopes, said her mother Dorothy Rodham “had read an article about the intrepid Edmund Hillary, who had taken to mountain climbing, when she was pregnant in 1947 and liked the name.” Although it is true that Edmund Hillary did not perform the feat that made him famous throughout the English-speaking world until 1953, i.e. well after she was born. So there is legitimate link, not that this will be acknowledged by the "Hillary-can-do-no right" brigade.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Sir Edmund Hillary was born: July 20, 1919, Auckland, New Zealand. Hillary Clinton, according to Snopes, said her mother Dorothy Rodham “had read an article about the intrepid Edmund Hillary, who had taken to mountain climbing, when she was pregnant in 1947 and liked the name.” Although it is true that Edmund Hillary did not perform the feat that made him famous throughout the English-speaking world until 1953, i.e. well after she was born. So there is legitimate link, not that this will be acknowledged by the "Hillary-can-do-no right" brigade.
          What article was written about somebody nobody had ever heard of (especially half way around the world here in the U.S.) decided to take up mountain climbing as a hobby?

Moreover, why did you leave out the fact that your source declared that her claim was False? That was pretty dishonest of you wouldn't you say?

Further, after getting nailed for this fake story even Hillary finally owned up to that it wasn't true.

Source: Hillary, Not as in the Mount Everest Guy

For more than a decade, one piece of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s informal biography has been that she was named for Sir Edmund Hillary, the conqueror of Mount Everest. The story was even recounted in Bill Clinton’s autobiography.

But yesterday, Mrs. Clinton’s campaign said she was not named for Sir Edmund after all.

“It was a sweet family story her mother shared to inspire greatness in her daughter, to great results I might add,” said Jennifer Hanley, a spokeswoman for the campaign.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            We even have a creed that says so

I'm Pentecostal. As a group, we tend to grouse about "traditions" -- and yet hold firmly to our own "non-traditional traditions."
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post

I think Hillary did herself a disservice in the primaries by not emphasizing her own religiosity over and against Trump's lack of it. One commentator suggested she should have challenged Trump to a bible memory verse competition to see who knew the bible better, as Hillary's biblical knowledge is apparently excellent, and doing so would perhaps have put questions into a lot of evangelical voters' minds as to whether they should really be voting for a debauched atheist like Trump or a Christian like Hillary.
              Not really. We would have looked at Hilary's unwavering support for abortion, her ways of dealing with "bimbo eruptions," and such, and concluded her quoting of Scripture to be examples of Prov. 26:7,9.

As for Trump, I don't know of anyone who based any part of their vote for him on his claimed "conversion" during the campaign. And any who did would have been smart enough to recognize him as a new convert, and not expected any Biblical knowledge from him.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                If Trump doesn't believe in the Apostle's Creed, why should he say it? I don't know if he believes it or not, but if he doesn't, then he is right not to hypocritically repeat the words.

Which beggars the question: Why did Obama and the Clintons repeat the Creed if they also don't believe in it? I find it worse for someone who doesn't believe to say the words than for someone who doesn't believe to not say the words.

I also think it's a really stupid thing for the media and anybody else to pick up on. Haters going to hate, I suppose, and have to nitpick the smallest things.

Like the Pharisees who strained out gnats and swallowed camels.
                I brought the issue up on my Facebook page and said it's not something I care about at all.

If he HAD read along, there would have been at least a few loud crazies outraged at a sitting POTUS committing such an overt violation of the First Amendment.

I live in a very churchy little town in western PA. Many of my Friends are Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, or Presby. Probably most are Pentecostal and Evangelical, but even most of them are *former* Catholic or other. So at least one lady was shocked to hear me say I don't recall ever saying the Apostles' Creed out loud, certainly not in church. I was raised a "wedding and funeral" Lutheran, so not much church-going in my youth. When I got saved at college, I attended C&MA fellowships and churches; they are not Creed-y. (BTW, the aforementioned shocked lady is very Trumpy, and was not at all bothered by his not reading the Creed aloud.)

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  It is always amusing to see the extent to which you will do mental gymnastics to defend one of your own, and use those very same gymnastics to condemn your enemies. You, sir, are quite the accomplished athlete!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    It is always amusing to see the extent to which you will do mental gymnastics to defend one of your own, and use those very same gymnastics to condemn your enemies. You, sir, are quite the accomplished athlete!
                    It could very well be that her mother read the article concerning E. Hillary's climbing of Mt Cook which he climbed while she was pregnant with Hillary in 1947 and just liked the name, or do you have special powers and can read the minds of the long dead.
                    Last edited by JimL; 12-10-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      It could very well be that her mother read the article concerning E. Hillary's climbing of Mt Cook which he climbed while she was pregnant with Hillary in 1947 and just liked the name, or do you have special powers and can read the minds of the long dead.
                      Did you miss the part where a spokesman from Hillary's campaign openly admitted that the story wasn't true?
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Did you miss the part where a spokesman from Hillary's campaign openly admitted that the story wasn't true?
                        No, I only heard what Hillary herself said and have no reason to doubt her to be telling the truth about such minutia. But do tell!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          No, I only heard what Hillary herself said and have no reason to doubt her to be telling the truth about such minutia. But do tell!
                          http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post597889
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            No...
                            So you're arguing from a position of ignorance. Fair enough.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Doesn't matter - Hillary still gets a pass beyond a simple benefit of the doubt.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Umm he didn’t reach the peak of Everest until 1953. That’s some pretty good future telling powers to read 6 years into the future.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment