Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

President George H.W. Bush dead at 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The MSM, to absolutely no surprise, peppered his obituaries with pot shots and fake news. For instance, the New York Times included the debunked myth about how, while running against Bill Clinton for re-election, he stared in bafflement at a grocery store price scanner during a stop at the National Grocers Association in Orlando, Florida which was used to portray him as being an out of touch elitist[1].
    Is that any worse than those who hated his guts now rushing to glum on to "he was such a saint"?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Yes, and I'm sure you have never stooped so low as to do that to dead democrats.
      The day after they died?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        It's pretty shameless to smear someone's character with lies after they are dead.
        00000000000000ar0.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Yes, and I'm sure you have never stooped so low as to do that to dead democrats.
          You're right, I haven't.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Is that any worse than those who hated his guts now rushing to glum on to "he was such a saint"?
            If liberals have any love for Bush 41, it's largely because he essentially, if unwittingly, paved the way for Bill Clinton.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if the ATC Call Sign of the plane carrying Bush will be "Air Force One" while transporting his remains.

(neither of the two Air Force One capable planes, tail numbers 28000 and 29000, are designated Air Force One unless POTUS is on board)
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering if the ATC Call Sign of the plane carrying Bush will be "Air Force One" while transporting his remains.

(neither of the two Air Force One capable planes, tail numbers 28000 and 29000, are designated Air Force One unless POTUS is on board)
                I think that Trump would have to do something like an executive order for that to happen, which would be a magnanimous gesture on his part. TBH, I'm not certain Trump can be magnanimous.

Comment

I think that Trump would have to do something like an executive order for that to happen, which would be a magnanimous gesture on his part. TBH, I'm not certain Trump can be magnanimous.
                  Sounds like the ATC designation is going to be Special Air Mission 41.

Comment

Wow - Sully, Bush's Service Dog, will be gifted to another veteran. Imagine that honor!!!

Comment

The MSM, to absolutely no surprise, peppered his obituaries with pot shots and fake news. For instance, the New York Times included the debunked myth about how, while running against Bill Clinton for re-election, he stared in bafflement at a grocery store price scanner during a stop at the National Grocers Association in Orlando, Florida which was used to portray him as being an out of touch elitist[1].

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33483[/ATTACH]

The problem with the story is that it was concocted by someone, Andrew Rosenthal, who wasn't even present. He just took a photo taken at the event and fabricated his own account about what took place, and of course nearly all of the MSM gleefully and uncritically repeated it and continued to do so for years to come.

Years later, the reliably liberal Snopes fact checked the account and rated it "False" noting that Bush "wasn’t being shown then-standard scanner technology, but a new type of scanner that could weigh groceries and read mangled and torn bar codes." Further they went on to note that at the time it took place

Newsweek screened the same tape and reported: “Bush acts curious and polite, but hardly amazed.” Michael Duffy of Time magazine called the whole thing “completely insignificant as a news event. It was prosaic, polite talk, and Bush is expert at that. If anything, he was bored.” And Bob Graham of NCR, who demonstrated the scanner technology for President Bush, said, “It’s foolish to think the president doesn’t know anything about grocery stores. He knew exactly what I was talking about.”

Wikipedia also notes it was fake news stating that

"Clinton attacked Bush as a politician who was not doing enough to assist the working middle-class and being “out of touch” with the common man, a notion reinforced by reporter Andrew Rosenthal's false report that Bush was “astonished” to see a demonstration of a supermarket scanner."

The MSM was also quick to bring up the Willie Horton ad and dutifully repeat the myths that surrounded it as being true.

Willie Horton, a convicted murderer who stabbed a gas station worker to death during a robbery (and serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole), was given furlough from a Massachusetts prison and proceeded to violently attack a couple, including raping the woman, while he was out. Michael Dukakis, then governor of Massachusetts, was a big supporter of such furloughs and was Bush's opponent in the 1988 presidential campaign.

The liberal media accused Bush of injecting racism into the race by bringing it up. But he didn't.

First, it was Al Gore who initially brought it up during a debate in his primary campaign against Dukakis, so if it was racist to mention it then Gore is a racist. But then Gore never brought up Horton's race -- and neither did Bush. The "Willie Horton ad" that used a mug shot of Horton, thus revealing his race, was run by a third party completely independent from the Bush campaign. The ad that was run by the Bush campaign never used the image and never said or even implied that Horton was black.

Of course the MSM never cared about this and claimed that Bush ran the ad showing Horton's mugshot and continues to push that lie even while discussing his passing.

For instance, on This Week, ABC political analyst Matthew Dowd declared that "[Bush is] the one who did the Willie Horton ad" as the reason that he shouldn't be "canonize[d]." Likewise, NBC contributor Heather McGhee while on Meet the Press also blamed Bush for the ad proclaiming that it "was the most famous dog whistle ad until this cycle."

And finally there is Slate magazine, where the headline says it all: "New York Times and Washington Post Obituaries for George H.W. Bush Leave Out Groping Allegations."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33484[/ATTACH] Wow.

1. How else would you describe the first sentence of the second paragraph of the story which says "Today, for instance, he emerged from 11 years in Washington’s choicest executive mansions to confront the modern supermarket."?
                      We can always count on the Babylon Bee:

Source: Associated Press Pays Touching Tribute To George H.W. Bush: 'He Wasn't Hitler'

U.S.—The Associated Press paid a touching tribute to recently deceased president George H.W. Bush in a headline published over the weekend, boldly declaring that the former commander in chief probably wasn't Adolf Hitler.

"George H.W. Bush: he wasn't Adolf Hitler, at least that we know of," the headline published to AP's social media accounts read. The linked story had more kind words to say: "Bush did not appear to actually be Adolf Hitler, despite much work on our part attempting to corroborate these accusations. He also was not Genghis Khan or Charles Manson, as far as we can tell."

The story quoted people who had great respect for the former president, even though they disagreed with him. "Although we didn't see eye to eye on politics, I'll go so far as to say that he did not seem to Satan," said one political rival. "I mean, who really can say? I guess I don't know for sure. But I never saw horns or a tail."

AP was forced to pull the headline claiming Bush wasn't Hitler after leftist commenters loudly complained about its inaccuracy.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

mullfoto12-03-18.jpg
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

My wife was just notified that she has the day off on Thursday. She works at Texas A&M just about a mile from the Bush Presidential Library where his wife and daughter already lie.

Bush's body will be taken by train to his final resting place on this planet.

The locomotive chosen for his final journey was customized in Bush's honor in 2005 and painted with the number '4141' in his honor. He marveled at its unveiling that year and asked to take it for a ride.

On Thursday his casket will be in a train car with Plexiglas windows to allow people to see it during the trip.

The 41st president died at his Houston home on Friday night, seven months after his wife Barbara passed away.

After services in Washington, there will be another funeral in Houston on Thursday followed by burial at the Bush Presidential Library in College Station, Texas.

Bush will be laid to rest alongside his wife of 73 years and Robin Bush, their daughter who died of leukemia in 1953 at age 3.

'4141' train engine will carry President Bush to College Station

4141.jpg

My wife works in one of those buildings in the background.

Comment

Wow - Sully, Bush's Service Dog, will be gifted to another veteran. Imagine that honor!!!
                            ghwb.jpg
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Bush's body will be taken by train to his final resting place on this planet.
                              Is he going to Kolob next?
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                Is he going to Kolob next?
                                Just as soon as you find Kolob and develop the technology to send his body there. Get cracking.

sigpic

Comment