Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Do You Actually Pray for Prayer Tweb Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Actually Pray for Prayer Tweb Requests

I'm wondering how many of us actually pray for the prayer requests that show up from time to time in Tweb.

I was actually keeping a separate Tweb prayer list, and a couple times a week I would "pray the list", but I seem to have misplaced it.

I'm wondering if it might be good to have a "prayer journal" type thread....

... ok, still thinking this through.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The first time I see them, I do. Those with long term/recurring problems tend to make it onto my daily list.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      The first time I see them, I do. Those with long term/recurring problems tend to make it onto my daily list.
      Just a quick story about Prayer Journals...

We have had "lay renewal weekends" at several Churches where I have pastored, and it's just like it sounds - lay people are in charge of the weekend - and volunteers come from other churches to teach classes, lead Bible studies, preach, etc....

Part of the weekend is a 72 hour prayer chain, and each person participating signs up for a 30 minute or one hour slot in our prayer room. There, you can write your prayer requests in the prayer journal, and others can note in the margin that they prayed, or ask questions, or make comments, etc...

Debbie was in charge of getting this ready, and one year we had an excellent Lay Renewal Weekend. In fact, people liked it so much that 4 years later, they wanted to do it again.

Debbie dug out the Prayer Journal we had used, and brought it to me -- she had tears in her eyes as she told me "I want you to see something...."

I looked, and she pointed out an entry where she had asked that her husband come to know Jesus as Savior. That was her biggest prayer concern.

As we stood there looking at it, her husband had, indeed, come to know Jesus as Savior (as a result of that LRW), was baptized, grew in the Lord in an amazing way, and was currently (at the time she was showing me her prayer request) serving as a Deacon in our Church.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What the singular naughty swine said although a bit more sporadically than daily. Maybe a prayer list or journal would help,

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          What the singular naughty swine said although a bit more sporadically than daily. Maybe a prayer list or journal would help,
          One of the things we discovered about an actual prayer journal was that people would "look back" at prayer requests they had written in the journal years before, and discover that that prayer request had, indeed, been answered in a mighty way. Too many times, when things "work out", we just forget about the fact that it was a source of prayer prior.

Or, sometimes it's encouraging to see that you had written a prayer request, and somebody else wrote beside it that they had a similar request, and were praying for yours.

It just dawned on me that we're not currently doing this in my church. That's gonna change.

Comment

This. My short term memory isn't the best anymore, so I do so immediately on seeing one.

Comment

If I post it means I already have. I try to do a quick prayer right when I see the request because my memory is terrible and I am by no means a prayer warrior. Some people I tend to pray for regularly or at least several times. I also try to keep JimL, Starlight and Tassman on my prayer list. Kristyn is another regular on my list because she is going through so much, as well as Jed and his dealing with cancer.

Comment

I pray on reading the request and as the concern comes back to mind. I have so many folks I want to pray for I am inclined to lump people into "prayer groups." For example I pray for those on TWeb, then some specific requests come to mind an I pray for them. My prayers tend to be brief and to the point, not "run on" prayers.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I have a (mental) list which is included as part of my daily prayers. Although there can be a danger of mindlessly repeating rote prayers, in my case it turns out I need the discipline of rote prayers to regularly pray at all. Without them, my prayer would be quite sporadic.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I have a (mental) list which is included as part of my daily prayers. Although there can be a danger of mindlessly repeating rote prayers, in my case it turns out I need the discipline of rote prayers to regularly pray at all. Without them, my prayer would be quite sporadic.
                    Mine are far more sporadic than I like. Often they are spontaneous, like this morning on my drive in to work I felt a sudden need to pray for both strength to do what God wants me to do and then for many of those who I say I'll pray for (I know I tend to forget some and usually end the prayer noting that fact).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment