Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chicago City Flag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago City Flag

I watched a few episodes of Chicago PD, and noticed this emblem seemed to be all over the place, including as shoulder patches on the police uniforms:

chicago flag.jpg

I googled the history, and it appears Chicagoans (?) are VERY proud of their "city flag", and, like the US flag, the bars and colors and stars have historical meanings.

Are there any other "as recognizable" 'city flags'?

(I was also interested in the history of the 'checkerboard' pattern on the police hats)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I watched a few episodes of Chicago PD, and noticed this emblem seemed to be all over the place, including as shoulder patches on the police uniforms:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33547[/ATTACH]

I googled the history, and it appears Chicagoans (?) are VERY proud of their "city flag", and, like the US flag, the bars and colors and stars have historical meanings.

(I was also interested in the history of the 'checkerboard' pattern on the police hats)
    I love that show! And Blue Bloods. The checkerboard is because the Chicago PD also moonlights as a cab service...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      I love that show! And Blue Bloods.
      I love Blue Bloods better --- Jamie ALWAYS manages to be at or near the scene of the case that his brother the detective is investigating while his sister prosecutes and his dad watches on in pride!!!! Add to that, Jamie about to marry his partner!!!! What could possibly be better?

The checkerboard is because the Chicago PD also moonlights as a cab service...
      Please hand me something with which to beat you severely about the head and shoulders.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I love Blue Bloods better --- Jamie ALWAYS manages to be at or near the scene of the case that his brother the detective is investigating while his sister prosecutes and his dad watches on in pride!!!! Add to that, Jamie about to marry his partner!!!! What could possibly be better?
        It is my favorite show on TV, and they are not afraid to pray or invoke Jesus during family dinners!

Please hand me something with which to beat you severely about the head and shoulders.

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33547[/ATTACH]

Atlanta's:

Atlanta has long used the phoenix to represent the city to denote its rise after being burned to the ground as part of Sherman's March to the Sea during the American Civil War.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            It is my favorite show on TV, and they are not afraid to pray or invoke Jesus during family dinners!
            They promote actual "family values", though not in a goody two shoes way.

Comment