Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

North Carolina Voting - and Consistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will just repeat my first post in this thread:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

whether done by democrats or republicans, voter fraud should be investigated and anyone responsible should be arrested.

This is just further evidence that voter fraud does occur, despite democrats routinely pooh-poohing the claim. Another reason why we need tighter controls on our votes. And IDs.
    Whether done on the front end at the voting booth, or the back end with the ballots, voting fraud happens and needs to be stopped.

I am glad to see it was rooted out and there will be another election. The campaign manager needs to be tossed in jail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I will just repeat my first post in this thread:

Whether done on the front end at the voting booth, or the back end with the ballots, voting fraud happens and needs to be stopped.

I am glad to see it was rooted out and there will be another election. The campaign manager needs to be tossed in jail.
      That's refreshing, but I cannot help but note the vast difference between the response/discussion to this incidence of voter fraud and the accusations of voter fraud in Florida. In Florida, there was much speculation and accusation, but little evidence of actual voter fraud was found. Two volunteer women, as far as I can tell, were arrested. One for filling in the mayor slot on two ballots that had left it blank, and one woman filled in five voter registration forms in support of a ballot initiative (marijuana, I think). But that discussion went on and on about how evil the Democrats were. This one, where voter fraud has actually been shown and a new election called, has almost silence. I have to wonder why this is the case.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        That's refreshing, but I cannot help but note the vast difference between the response/discussion to this incidence of voter fraud and the accusations of voter fraud in Florida. In Florida, there was much speculation and accusation, but little evidence of actual voter fraud was found. Two volunteer women, as far as I can tell, were arrested. One for filling in the mayor slot on two ballots that had left it blank, and one woman filled in five voter registration forms in support of a ballot initiative (marijuana, I think). But that discussion went on and on about how evil the Democrats were. This one, where voter fraud has actually been shown and a new election called, has almost silence. I have to wonder why this is the case.
        What are you talking about? It's been all over the news today.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nort...w=1920&bih=916

Comment

He's talking about discussion here, not on the news.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            He's talking about discussion here, not on the news.
            Well this thread is up to 26 pages. That's a pretty good run. And we haven't had any news until today about what the investigation found. But it has not hardly been hidden, on tweb or the news.

Comment

I'm not talking about the news. BOTH incidents were all over the news.

I'm talking about this forum.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Well this thread is up to 26 pages. That's a pretty good run. And we haven't had any news until today about what the investigation found. But it has not hardly been hidden, on tweb or the news.
                Have you reviewed the contents of those 26 pages? Not a lot of it was actually about North Carolina. The thread did what threads here generally do - meandered all over the place. The actual amount of conversation about the situation in North Carolina is fairly light.

Comment

Have you reviewed the contents of those 26 pages? Not a lot of it was actually about North Carolina. The thread did what threads here generally do - meandered all over the place. The actual amount of conversation about the situation in North Carolina is fairly light.
                  Because everyone agreed that such fraud was wrong and if true should be punished. And today it looks like it is indeed true and will be punished.

It's like you are trying to pick a fight and everyone is saying "woah buddy, we agree with you" and you are upset about that.

Comment

Because everyone agreed that such fraud was wrong and if true should be punished. And today it looks like it is indeed true and will be punished.

It's like you are trying to pick a fight and everyone is saying "woah buddy, we agree with you" and you are upset about that.
                    No - not "upset." Just noting the distinction in outrage and energy.

Comment

• And there's this regarding Ballot Harvesting...

Illegal Ballot Harvesting a Looming Issue in Arizona

Ballot harvesting creates the opportunity and the incentive for the activists involved to intimidate voters, steal, alter, and even destroy ballots. It is not hard to imagine a situation in which an activist group from Party A targets voters registered in Party B and then destroys a percentage of the ballots they collect.

The situation in North Carolina, where Republican Mark Harris’ election has been called into question over ballot harvesting, demonstrates not only the peril, but that this should be a bipartisan issue. Both parties have an interest in clean elections.

Yet ballot harvesting is legal in California and Democrats are pushing to expand the practice to other states. They are claiming it is a service to voters. It’s really a service to interest groups intent on influencing, or even manipulating, election results. But Republicans are afraid to talk about it for what it is – a sellout of voters interests to activist groups. And in Arizona, which borders California, there have been allegations that illegal ballot harvesting took place in 2018.

So far, at least here in Arizona, the governor and state attorney general -- both Republicans -- are either uninterested in this issue, or afraid of it. But Arizona will be a competitive, must-win state for Republicans in 2020 so they need to address it quickly. The presidency and a Republican majority in the Senate hang in the balance while they sleepwalk past a crisis in the making.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm not talking about the news. BOTH incidents were all over the news.

I'm talking about this forum.
                        That's because the discussion morphed into one about voter fraud in general rather than just one specific case especially after there was general agreement it ought to be investigated.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          That's because the discussion morphed into one about voter fraud in general rather than just one specific case especially after there was general agreement it ought to be investigated.
                          Your thread in which no one seems interested might be apropos here, given carpe's question.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment