Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

North Carolina Voting - and Consistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina Voting - and Consistency

There is an entire, multipage thread denouncing the travesty of "voter fraud" in the Florida elections. But now there is a significant voter fraud issue that has surfaced in North Carolina... and crickets... (at least, a scan of the civics forum and a search for "Carolina" produced no relevant threads).

So, I'm curious to know, what is the reaction to the North Carolina election situation?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

You know how discussions get started around here? When someone creates a thread, so good job!

As for the linked story, there's really not enough information to make a determination. At this point it looks like accusations with no real proof. Maybe evidence will emerge during an investigation, or maybe it won't. Who can say.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This is the first I have heard about it, Carp.

But whether done by democrats or republicans, voter fraud should be investigated and anyone responsible should be arrested.

This is just further evidence that voter fraud does occur, despite democrats routinely pooh-poohing the claim. Another reason why we need tighter controls on our votes. And IDs.

Comment

This was an individual and his 6 employees at a business, not the Republican party in NC. If they filled them in for the ones that did turn them in, they should be punished, as it appears is going to happen. But the volume of suspected absentee ballots collected (the latest report in Bladen is about 100) are still not enough to overturn the election results, as close as it was, so the election should be certified too.

What I find curious is in the article I read, they interviewed a few of the alleged victims, and they all said either they turned in a blank form or they didn't remember who they voted for. That's fishy.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          There is an entire, multipage thread denouncing the travesty of "voter fraud" in the Florida elections. But now there is a significant voter fraud issue that has surfaced in North Carolina... and crickets... (at least, a scan of the civics forum and a search for "Carolina" produced no relevant threads).

So, I'm curious to know, what is the reaction to the North Carolina election situation?
          I noticed that too. And this one isn't just rumors. There is real evidence here of some very egregious stuffing of the ballots (via absentee ballots) ... by a GOP.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            You know how discussions get started around here? When someone creates a thread, so good job!

As for the linked story, there's really not enough information to make a determination. At this point it looks like accusations with no real proof. Maybe evidence will emerge during an investigation, or maybe it won't. Who can say.
            Look a little harder. There are other issues around this same election. Going the other way (adding GOP ballots). And the individual in question has been investigated before, and in this case it looks like he got a bit careless, tried to create way too many votes for his candidate. Set of some really big alarm bells.

The potential destroyed democrat ballots appears to be in addition to other investigations of what amounts to republican ballot stuffing by L. McCrae Dowless:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/u...-absentee.html

Jim

ETA: I didn't realize at first that carpes link was not to the same ballot stuffing problem I was already aware of for the same candidate.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-06-2018, 01:39 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
              And this one isn't just rumors. There is real evidence here of some very egregious stuffing of the ballots...
              There seems to be evidence that something happened, but it's not entirely clear what.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                This was an individual and his 6 employees at a business, not the Republican party in NC. If they filled them in for the ones that did turn them in, they should be punished, as it appears is going to happen. But the volume of suspected absentee ballots collected (the latest report in Bladen is about 100) are still not enough to overturn the election results, as close as it was, so the election should be certified too.

What I find curious is in the article I read, they interviewed a few of the alleged victims, and they all said either they turned in a blank form or they didn't remember who they voted for. That's fishy.
                Looks like you made the same mistake I did, thinking this was about the effort by Dowless to add GOP ballots. Carpe's link is about destroyed absentee Democrat ballots. I think the combination would be enough to change the results.

Comment

But the normal Democrat refrain is that voter fraud doesn't really exist. It's just some Republican conspiracy theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    But the normal Democrat refrain is that voter fraud doesn't really exist. It's just some Republican conspiracy theory.
                    Yup this would fly in the face of that refrain. But look who it is doing the fraud ...

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Looks like you made the same mistake I did, thinking this was about the effort by Dowless to add GOP ballots. Carpe's link is about destroyed absentee Democrat ballots. I think the combination would be enough to change the results.
                      Look at carpe's source again, and pay attention to what it actually says:

"Over a thousand absentee ballots from likely Democratic voters may have been destroyed..."

They may have been Democrat voters, or they may not have been, and the ballots may have been destroyed, or they may not have been. Nobody seems to know.

This is the story from the another source:

Source: North Carolina’s Election Turmoil: What We Know and Don’t Know

...we don’t know the extent of what occurred. It is clear that third parties collected absentee ballots from voters, which is explicitly illegal under North Carolina law even if no one tampered with the ballots after collecting them. We do not know, however, whether any ballots were thrown away or changed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/u...on-fraud-.html

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Yup this would fly in the face of that refrain. But look who it is doing the fraud ...
                        Like I said, I think any voter fraud should be investigated and prosecuted. This is why I support photo IDs for voting. I think Absentee Ballots are misused a lot. Many people do early voting and absentee ballots because they are too lazy to go to the polls. But as this shows, it is ripe for abuse by the unscrupulous. A lot of the accusations of fraud in Florida was linked to absentee ballots too.

Since voting is essential to our very government, we should try to ensure it isn't being abused by anyone.

Comment

I guess the Republicans are following the Dems lead...

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/search
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            A lot of the accusations of fraud in Florida was linked to absentee ballots too.
                            Exactly, the same, as you said, with early voting. Absentee ballots should only be used if you are out of the state or country. Everyone else needs to show up with a picture ID. We should vote on a Saturday or have a voting national holiday.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Exactly, the same, as you said, with early voting. Absentee ballots should only be used if you are out of the state or country. Everyone else needs to show up with a picture ID. We should vote on a Saturday or have a voting national holiday.
                              yeah I never got the whole Election Tuesday thing and having to work voting in around work. They should move it to a weekend or make it a holiday where nobody has to work.

Comment