Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 121

Thread: North Carolina Voting - and Consistency

  1. #1
    tWebber carpedm9587's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,789
    Amen (Given)
    23
    Amen (Received)
    907

    North Carolina Voting - and Consistency

    There is an entire, multipage thread denouncing the travesty of "voter fraud" in the Florida elections. But now there is a significant voter fraud issue that has surfaced in North Carolina... and crickets... (at least, a scan of the civics forum and a search for "Carolina" produced no relevant threads).

    So, I'm curious to know, what is the reaction to the North Carolina election situation?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

    -Martin Luther King

  2. #2
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,505
    Amen (Given)
    5066
    Amen (Received)
    4611
    You know how discussions get started around here? When someone creates a thread, so good job!

    As for the linked story, there's really not enough information to make a determination. At this point it looks like accusations with no real proof. Maybe evidence will emerge during an investigation, or maybe it won't. Who can say.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  3. #3
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42,765
    Amen (Given)
    4027
    Amen (Received)
    19524
    This is the first I have heard about it, Carp.

    But whether done by democrats or republicans, voter fraud should be investigated and anyone responsible should be arrested.

    This is just further evidence that voter fraud does occur, despite democrats routinely pooh-poohing the claim. Another reason why we need tighter controls on our votes. And IDs.

  4. #4
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,016
    Amen (Given)
    7241
    Amen (Received)
    7488
    This was an individual and his 6 employees at a business, not the Republican party in NC. If they filled them in for the ones that did turn them in, they should be punished, as it appears is going to happen. But the volume of suspected absentee ballots collected (the latest report in Bladen is about 100) are still not enough to overturn the election results, as close as it was, so the election should be certified too.

    What I find curious is in the article I read, they interviewed a few of the alleged victims, and they all said either they turned in a blank form or they didn't remember who they voted for. That's fishy.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  5. #5
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,040
    Amen (Given)
    171
    Amen (Received)
    1169
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    There is an entire, multipage thread denouncing the travesty of "voter fraud" in the Florida elections. But now there is a significant voter fraud issue that has surfaced in North Carolina... and crickets... (at least, a scan of the civics forum and a search for "Carolina" produced no relevant threads).

    So, I'm curious to know, what is the reaction to the North Carolina election situation?
    I noticed that too. And this one isn't just rumors. There is real evidence here of some very egregious stuffing of the ballots (via absentee ballots) ... by a GOP.

    Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

    Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

    maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

  6. #6
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,040
    Amen (Given)
    171
    Amen (Received)
    1169
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You know how discussions get started around here? When someone creates a thread, so good job!

    As for the linked story, there's really not enough information to make a determination. At this point it looks like accusations with no real proof. Maybe evidence will emerge during an investigation, or maybe it won't. Who can say.
    Look a little harder. There are other issues around this same election. Going the other way (adding GOP ballots). And the individual in question has been investigated before, and in this case it looks like he got a bit careless, tried to create way too many votes for his candidate. Set of some really big alarm bells.

    The potential destroyed democrat ballots appears to be in addition to other investigations of what amounts to republican ballot stuffing by L. McCrae Dowless:

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/u...-absentee.html


    Jim

    ETA: I didn't realize at first that carpes link was not to the same ballot stuffing problem I was already aware of for the same candidate.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-06-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

    Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

    maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

  7. #7
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,505
    Amen (Given)
    5066
    Amen (Received)
    4611
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
    And this one isn't just rumors. There is real evidence here of some very egregious stuffing of the ballots...
    There seems to be evidence that something happened, but it's not entirely clear what.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  8. #8
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,040
    Amen (Given)
    171
    Amen (Received)
    1169
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    This was an individual and his 6 employees at a business, not the Republican party in NC. If they filled them in for the ones that did turn them in, they should be punished, as it appears is going to happen. But the volume of suspected absentee ballots collected (the latest report in Bladen is about 100) are still not enough to overturn the election results, as close as it was, so the election should be certified too.

    What I find curious is in the article I read, they interviewed a few of the alleged victims, and they all said either they turned in a blank form or they didn't remember who they voted for. That's fishy.
    Looks like you made the same mistake I did, thinking this was about the effort by Dowless to add GOP ballots. Carpe's link is about destroyed absentee Democrat ballots. I think the combination would be enough to change the results.
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

    Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

    maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

  9. #9
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42,765
    Amen (Given)
    4027
    Amen (Received)
    19524
    But the normal Democrat refrain is that voter fraud doesn't really exist. It's just some Republican conspiracy theory.

  10. #10
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,040
    Amen (Given)
    171
    Amen (Received)
    1169
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    But the normal Democrat refrain is that voter fraud doesn't really exist. It's just some Republican conspiracy theory.
    Yup this would fly in the face of that refrain. But look who it is doing the fraud ...
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

    Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

    maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •