Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Are we in the Time of Sorrows?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wars and rumors of wars is increasing to insane levels with scattered regional wars and war rhetoric between multiple nations raising the potential conflict between both global superpower and sub-power nations (all of which are ratcheting up their military arsenals at the same time).

But with wars and rumors of wars all over the world aside, 2015 was the year of global civil crisis, a trend of outright bizarreness and what a Christian can only see as spiritual degradation.

The Baltimore riot...

lead_960.jpg
    source

The Paris attack...

Disgruntled gunman shoots anchor on live TV...

Teenage kid goes on mass shooting spree of churchgoers...

DylannRoof.jpg

Couple goes on mass shooting spree in San Bernardino...

la-san-bernardino-shooters-picture-20151204.jpeg
    source

Other mass shootings in the US in 20015...

untitled.JPG
    source

Woman kills her child and waves his severed head in public...

Woman finds a cooked horse head while strolling through a park...

http://nypost.com/2016/02/28/severed...anhattan-park/

... and I expect it to get much much worse.
    Last edited by seanD; 02-29-2016 at 08:24 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just more cumulative data to add to everything else happening in the world...

NEXT month, the Temple of Baal will come to Times Square. Reproductions of the 50-foot arch that formed the temple’s entrance are to be installed in New York and in London, a tribute to the 2,000-year-old structure that the Islamic State destroyed last year in the Syrian town of Palmyra. The group’s rampage through Palmyra, a city that reached its peak in the second and third century A.D., enraged the world, spurring scholars and conservationists into action. Numerous nongovernmental organizations are now cataloging and mapping damaged cultural heritage sites in the region.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/20/op...the-ruins.html

Now, naturally, us moderns don't view this as having any religious significance, and I'm obviously not arguing that the folks behind this project are consciously doing this for religious reasons (of course, I'm assuming this since I can't read their minds), but let's keep this real.

Baal has immense historical and religious significance in the bible; at certain times in the Levant actually considered an equal revival to Yahweh, a fierce enemy to Yahweh and the people of Israel, and thus the symbolism in any of its form is obviously a direct affront to God regardless of the intentions behind the project. Studying the actual site for archaeological purposes is one thing, but erecting a replica of it in major cities around the world to admire and "restore dignity" is a whole different matter.

Something also interesting to note in the NYT article is this...

Bulldozed by the Islamic State in 2015, the 1,500-year-old monastery of St. Elian, near Al Qaryatain, Syria, was a symbol of these connections. It was a modest and unadorned structure that had none of the glamour of the Temple of Baal; a 3D reconstruction of the rather plain sarcophagus that held the remains of its eponymous saint won’t be coming to a major Western city any time soon. But its importance lay in its role as a bridge between communities.
    Another ancient religious structure destroyed by the same Islamic group or the same reasons and that should have equal archeological value is being disregarded because it "had none of the glamour of the Temple of Baal."

What does this mean in the context eschatology? They're essentially erecting religious symbolism of the Mesopotamian religions, including Babylon and Assyria, in our modern times in two major western cities of the world for the sole purpose of admiration.

But it doesn't just end there. The same organization plans to "construct approximately 1,000 such versions of the arch in cities throughout the world."

Faith
    Papist XPian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Uhhh... just because the presidents haven't been of good quality doesn't make them freaking antichrists! Seriously, they're human like the rest of us. Unless you can show either of those men as having docetist tendencies...
    I suppose it makes a difference from ID'ing the AC with the Pope - or the Pope with the AC. Since a lot of putative ACs have not been noted for denying the reality of the Incarnation, they fail St John's test of recognition as the AC.

I want to see whether a woman POTUS is identified as the AC... Queen Victoria could be the AC - her reign began in 1837. 18x37 = 666. 2016 is one of the years identified as the close of the 1260 "prophetic years" in Revelation. We have almost 4 months to go.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
    I suppose it makes a difference from ID'ing the AC with the Pope - or the Pope with the AC. Since a lot of putative ACs have not been noted for denying the reality of the Incarnation, they fail St John's test of recognition as the AC.

I want to see whether a woman POTUS is identified as the AC... Queen Victoria could be the AC - her reign began in 1837. 18x37 = 666. 2016 is one of the years identified as the close of the 1260 "prophetic years" in Revelation. We have almost 4 months to go.
    Well, since some futurists believe that Dan 11:36 represents the "antichrist," I doubt they can argue it's Hillary since it states he has no desire for women