Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we in the Time of Sorrows?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    I think I can guess you're referring to Obama? If so, I believe Obama is definitely an antichrist and who has the spirit of lawlessness (as I believe Bush had), which is why he's shredding the Constitution, but I don't believe he's the Beast of Rev. Everyone hates Obama, even a lot of people from his own political party hate him, let alone the rest of the world. Putin is making a complete mockery of him to the world. Obama is a man of division; The Beast of Rev is of human unity. The only ones against the the Beast of Rev are the elect Christians that know he's (or it is) the false Christ.
    Uhhh... just because the presidents haven't been of good quality doesn't make them freaking antichrists! Seriously, they're human like the rest of us. Unless you can show either of those men as having docetist tendencies...
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

2. Amen Rushing Jaws, Irate Canadian, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Uhhh... just because the presidents haven't been of good quality doesn't make them freaking antichrists! Seriously, they're human like the rest of us. Unless you can show either of those men as having docetist tendencies...
    I did take liberty with what John specifically intended. However, I was equating it to Paul's description of the "man of lawlessness." I believe the spirit of lawlessness is in full swing, hence, the reason our Constitution (the document of laws) has been drastically chipped away in just the last decade. I know that Darfius knew what I intended which is why I used the word.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    This is a good point, and worthy of reflection even if not solely from an eschatological perspective...
    Very true.

I wonder how many Facebook friends or Twitter followers actually would show if someone needed help. In the typical case, probably not too many.

Unfortunately it also shows in churches where too many sermons are focused on the individual instead of the group.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

My time to be on TWeb is unpredictable. It may take a few days for me to see your post and respond.

5. Amen The Remonstrant amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Related to the OP, last night I was talking to a Christian friend and the topic of how the church in the USA seems to be in decline. We agreed its awfully depressing and hard to live when the world around you is in decay.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

My time to be on TWeb is unpredictable. It may take a few days for me to see your post and respond.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    Related to the OP, last night I was talking to a Christian friend and the topic of how the church in the USA seems to be in decline. We agreed its awfully depressing and hard to live when the world around you is in decay.
    Yeah, that's another pertinent sign. Not just Christians turning apostate, but Christians falling into the ensnares of the world and its false worldviews.

8. Amen The Remonstrant amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, that's another pertinent sign. Not just Christians turning apostate, but Christians falling into the ensnares of the world and its false worldviews.
    Aren't those two things just about equivalent? It is certainly sad when Christians let the world tell them what they believe.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Aren't those two things just about equivalent? It is certainly sad when Christians let the world tell them what they believe.
    The latter has more significance with Matthew 7:22, IMO. I've always found that passage exceptionally puzzling and troubling. Not only do the people in that parable do everything protestant Christians do, but they even address Jesus as Lord.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The latter has more significance with Matthew 7:22, IMO. I've always found that passage exceptionally puzzling and troubling. Not only do the people in that parable do everything protestant Christians do, but they even address Jesus as Lord.
    I agree the passage is more aimed at practices in Protestant Christianity than RCC or orthodox. Other passages do go after practices in those groups. I guess it just shows that man can twist anything God establishes into something else.

Going back to your original post, it appears that between you and me there is agreement that we are in an age of serious decline or possibly the beginning of the last days. Knowing what to expect, how should we respond? Crawling into a cave or behind church walls doesn't seem to be the right answer. Do we just continue to point out the errors to the wayward church and society? I'm not sure. What do you think?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I agree the passage is more aimed at practices in Protestant Christianity than RCC or orthodox. Other passages do go after practices in those groups. I guess it just shows that man can twist anything God establishes into something else.

Going back to your original post, it appears that between you and me there is agreement that we are in an age of serious decline or possibly the beginning of the last days. Knowing what to expect, how should we respond? Crawling into a cave or behind church walls doesn't seem to be the right answer. Do we just continue to point out the errors to the wayward church and society? I'm not sure. What do you think?
    From a futurist perspective, "drop out of society" wouldn't seem to be the option because Jesus talks about a saved person working in a field at the time of his coming, alongside a nonbeliever.
    Something is always happening, but when it happens, people don't always see it, or understand it... or accept it.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    From a futurist perspective, "drop out of society" wouldn't seem to be the option because Jesus talks about a saved person working in a field at the time of his coming, alongside a nonbeliever.
    I think from any perspective, "drop out of society" is the wrong answer. The question for me is how to be involved in a society that increasingly doesn't want to hear it. Maybe the more accurate question is finding the courage to live out what God expects.