Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peta: Stop using Anti-Animal Language!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Peta: Stop using Anti-Animal Language!

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

3. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I quite like the response a twitter-user (who's handle I don't remember at the moment) wrote in reply to that post by PETA:

"Don't you have bigger fish to fry?"

ETA: Actually, nevermind, here's the link to the reply on twitter: https://twitter.com/Smishmortion/sta...67290439049216

Again, potential profanity warning, if you don't want to risk reading profanity click on the link at your own risk.
    Last edited by Chrawnus; 12-06-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Here we see PETA taking the bull by the horns, not afraid to beat a dead horse, to not only combat speciesism, but give us all a good laugh. Like they're killing two birds with one stone.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

6. Amen Chrawnus, Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    I quite like the response a twitter-user (who's handle I don't remember at the moment) wrote in reply to that post by PETA:

"Don't you have bigger fish to fry?"
    Bigger dishes to dry, is what they'd probably prefer.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

8. Amen Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    PETA, this is some quality satire. Keep it up!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    PETA is anti-Christian (by being anti-TWEB) by removing the vital phrase "bring home the bacon."

11. Amen mossrose, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    PETA has another campaign going as well:

Source: PETA Billboard Says You Can’t Be A Feminist If You Eat Eggs

SAN JOSE (KPIX) – A billboard with a strange message connecting feminists, eggs, and animal rights is turning heads in the South Bay, but turning some women off.

It was put up by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA, and it basically says ‘you can’t eat eggs and still consider yourself a feminist.’

It’s often been PETA’s strategy to be provocative. The idea is that it’s okay to say something a little outlandish or a little offensive, or just out of left field, if it brings attention to your cause, which in this case is the ethical treatment of animals in the farm industry.

A new ad campaign, titled ‘You Can’t be an Egg-Eating Feminist,’ is definitely in keeping with the tradition of being provocative.

The second line of the billboard reads, “Eggs and Dairy Are a Product of the Abuse of Females.”

“Many people who consider themselves feminists are unthinkingly supporting this violence against females every single day by consuming these cruel foods,” says the narrator in a video for the ad campaign.

So basically, the message is urging people to go vegan.

KPIX 5 talked to several women who say they’re both feminists and animal lovers, and they had strong reactions to the billboard.

“We have a movement right now that’s loud and strong and it’s being heard finally,” said feminist Amy Carlson. “To tie it to animal rights, that’s going to go down a whole other path.”

Anna Moore, who is also a feminist, doesn’t like the ad at all.

“I was shocked that they actually put that up there,” said Moore. “Like, I thought it was actually really stupid. It just seemed really ignorant honestly.”

“I was shocked that they actually put that up there,” said Moore. “Like, I thought it was actually really stupid. It just seemed really ignorant honestly.”

In a press release, PETA said they hope their message finds a receptive audience in Silicon Valley.

“San Jose is a city of strong women and thoughtful students which makes it the perfect place to spark a conversation about the blatant misogyny of the egg and dairy industries,” it said.

Although the ad doesn’t specifically address it, PETA is taking aim at twin targets — both the egg and dairy industry.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wait. scones are made with eggs.

14. Amen mossrose, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Wait. scones are made with eggs.
    I'm sure there are non-egg variants of scones as well. But I'm not sure feeding scones to birds is actually good for them in any case.