Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dems are just too smart for us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Starlight said:
    Yes. Though I suspect backwards to what you mean. Dunning and Kruger found that intelligent people and experts would often assume the abilities of those who they interacted with were higher than they really were, because they tended to assume everyone else was smart and competent like they were, and as a result communication could suffer.
    Which clearly was wrong and which I was responding to.
    It's not wrong. Dunning and Kruger did find that, but their other result is more widely known.
    As an afterthought he tossed in the part you quoted in your attempt to try to make it look like I was just repeating what he said and being ignorant myself.
    You are ignorant. You don't know about D&K's conclusion re people of high ability, even though you linked to Wikipedia's article including it.
    Clearly your entire post was a dishonest representation of what was going on. Shame on you.
    Accusations of dishonesty? Shame on you.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      It's not wrong. Dunning and Kruger did find that, but their other result is more widely known. You are ignorant. You don't know about D&K's conclusion re people of high ability, even though you linked to Wikipedia's article including it.Accusations of dishonesty? Shame on you.
      He was wrong in saying "Yes. Though I suspect backwards to what you mean."

Jed was clearing referencing the idea that ignorant people don't know how ignorant they are.

It was clear that you understood that was what I was responding to by the fact that you conveniently left that part out of your quote of Starlight in your quote of my response to him. Such tactics should be below you Roy. You did that just to try to score a point against MM, and me in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
        No I didn't. I contrasted competence/ability vs knowledge.

It seems you, Sparko and MM are all unskilled at spotting such subtleties, and unaware of it.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

He was wrong in saying "Yes. Though I suspect backwards to what you mean."
          No he wasn't. "backwards to what you mean" doesn't necessarily lead from 'smart' to 'dumb'; it can also lead from 'we' to 'you'. From ''we think we are smarter than we actually are' to 'we think you are smarter than you actually are'.
          Jed was clearing referencing the idea that ignorant people don't know how ignorant they are.
          It's not clear at all.
          It was clear that you understood that was what I was responding to by the fact that you conveniently left that part out of your quote of Starlight in your quote of my response to him.
          More accusations of dishonesty. I left out the first part of Starlight's post because I thought you were responding to the second part - because you were talking about people with low ability.
          Such tactics should be below you Roy. You did that just to try to score a point against MM, and me in the process.
          Actually I was complimenting you in the process. I shouldn't have bothered.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

. . . Jed was clearing referencing the idea that ignorant people don't know how ignorant they are. . . .
            Jed was mostly just being sarcastic. Sorry about that
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              No I didn't. I contrasted competence/ability vs knowledge.

It seems you, Sparko and MM are all unskilled at spotting such subtleties, and unaware of it.
              A valiant attempt at a save, but the record shows that it was unsuccessful.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment