Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Facebook censors at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    What a liar...

"At Apple, we’re not afraid to say our values drive our curation decisions. And why should we be? We only have one message for those who seek to push hate, division, and violence: You have no place on our platforms, You have no home here. I believe the most sacred thing each of us is given is our judgement, our morality, our own innate desire to separate right from wrong. Choosing to set that responsibility aside at a moment of trial is a sin.” Tim Cook

http://thefederalist.com/2018/12/04/...ech-platforms/
    So then why do they refuse to unlock phones of criminals for the police then?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I'd rather see a picture of Santa kneeling at the foot of the cross, frankly. Never have much liked Santa at the manger.

Just my personal opinion.
      Huh. What do you consider kneeling to represent?
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Huh. What do you consider kneeling to represent?
        As I said, it's just my personal feeling about the concept of Santa at the manger. I'm sure it's perfectly fine, I've just never cared for the image.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So then why do they refuse to unlock phones of criminals for the police then?
          Because the police were asking for far more than merely having a phone unlocked. They wanted a cracked version of iOS where they could bruteforce the phone without its security features locking it down. They promised to be responsible with it, unfortunately this came around the same time as NSA had revealed it had accidentally leaked a lot of its tools, when someone working for the NSA sold it on the black market.

I don't think the police can be trusted with a golden key that can unlock all phones.
          Last edited by Leonhard; 12-06-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

As for the picture I think the AI just made a mistake. Something in that image sets it off to consider that nativity scene a scene of brutal violence. Image recognition has come a long way but there's still errors like that creeping through.

Comment

I'd rather see a picture of Santa kneeling at the foot of the cross, frankly. Never have much liked Santa at the manger.

Just my personal opinion.
              I did a search for "santa kneeling at the cross" and got some images that actually sort of offended me. I am not easily offended but these were images of santa nailed to the cross - color me offended.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I wonder if Facebook has some sort of feature that automatically censors a post or picture if it get's reported enough? Like if enough salty anti-theists saw that image and reported it out of spite, could it somehow have triggered Facebook's censorship AI?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  I did a search for "santa kneeling at the cross" and got some images that actually sort of offended me. I am not easily offended but these were images of santa nailed to the cross - color me offended.
                  Yeah, it's unfortunate, but it's not uncommon at all to search for something completely innocuous and still come across very distasteful images.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                    I wonder if Facebook has some sort of feature that automatically censors a post or picture if it get's reported enough? Like if enough salty anti-theists saw that image and reported it out of spite, could it somehow have triggered Facebook's censorship AI?
                    The algorithms are still a bit too gameable.

Comment

If you know about the real St. Nicholas, then you'd realise it makes perfect sense for him to kneel at the Mystery of the Incarnation.

Comment

As I said, it's just my personal feeling about the concept of Santa at the manger. I'm sure it's perfectly fine, I've just never cared for the image.
                        Ok, just wondered why you preferred one over the other. I'm not especially comfortable with either, but only because Santa is such a terrible caricature of St. Nicholas; I'm sure St. Nicholas would have no problems kneeling at either place.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          I would be horribly offended by that as well.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Ok, just wondered why you preferred one over the other. I'm not especially comfortable with either, but only because Santa is such a terrible caricature of St. Nicholas; I'm sure St. Nicholas would have no problems kneeling at either place.
                            And I've never seen a picture of Santa at the cross. It was just a thought that crossed my mind.

Comment

And I've never seen a picture of Santa at the cross. It was just a thought that crossed my mind.
                              00000000000000ab000-0.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                Because the police were asking for far more than merely having a phone unlocked. They wanted a cracked version of iOS where they could bruteforce the phone without its security features locking it down. They promised to be responsible with it, unfortunately this came around the same time as NSA had revealed it had accidentally leaked a lot of its tools, when someone working for the NSA sold it on the black market.

I don't think the police can be trusted with a golden key that can unlock all phones.
                                There's also the fact that if you intentionally leave in a back door for one group, there's a not unreasonable chance that someone else will figure out how to exploit it.

Comment