Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Voting - and Consistency

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You can get a fake ID in just about any sizeable bar in Texas.
    well as a former graphic designer, I can do it anyway using my home computer. But if you had access to the official blanks and the machine they can take to your home, you could make OFFICIAL fake IDs that can't be detected as fraudulent.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    They're essentially the same as a Driver's License which includes two holograms (I think that's the right word) of your picture
    That's what I'm calling them!

I would hope it's some kind of fancier badge maker with maybe a hologram imprint or something.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's what I'm calling them!
    So that's probably wrong then.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    They're essentially the same as a Driver's License which includes two holograms (I think that's the right word) of your picture
    Which they would have to bring to your home to do right? or do they just come and take the picture and then mail you the ID made at the office?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    well as a former graphic designer, I can do it anyway using my home computer. But if you had access to the official blanks and the machine they can take to your home, you could make OFFICIAL fake IDs that can't be detected as fraudulent.
    Yeah, if somebody's going to risk jail by going to THAT much trouble, we have a bigger problem on our hands than just stuffing ballots.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, if somebody's going to risk jail by going to THAT much trouble, we have a bigger problem on our hands than just stuffing ballots.
    Generally, the more involved the scheme, the easier it is to convict.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think I may have it wrong. I was thinking they made the ID at your house. but maybe they just come take your photo and info and then make the ID at the office.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I think I may have it wrong. I was thinking they made the ID at your house. but maybe they just come take your photo and info and then make the ID at the office.
    Yeah, I'd think that would be the case -- and since they've BEEN to your house, that part is also validated better than simply mailing it in. Nothing is foolproof to the sufficiently motivated fool.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, I'd think that would be the case -- and since they've BEEN to your house, that part is also validated better than simply mailing it in. Nothing is foolproof to the sufficiently motivated fool.
    True. But the device could be made somewhat fool proof by encoding a secure key into the id that can only be generated from the official site by a authorized user who would enter his special access code to get the key generated once he was convinced to voter was legit (birth certificate etc). The key would be validated at the voting booth and tied to the voters name/address. Wouldn't stop an inside threat, but you cant just steal a machine and a set of blanks.

Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Republican election fraud in North Carolina

There appears to have been serious electoral fraud in North Carolina district 9 in the midterms.

It appears a paid Republican consultant and his workers:
    - Went around collecting absentee ballots (illegal in and of itself)
    - Disposed of those of the ballots that weren't for the republican candidate, or literally crossed out the vote for the democratic candidate and wrote in a vote for the republican candidate
    - Used unfilled-out ballots to cast additional votes for the republican candidate

It appears the Republican consultant behind this electoral fraud may have been doing it for as long as 8 years, and evidence suggests he also did it in the republican primary this year and that during the primary this criminal behavior was reported to the North Carolina GOP who did nothing about it. It is, at this stage, unclear whether the Republican candidate himself (a local pastor) was aware of the crimes being perpetrated to benefit him by his paid consultant in both the primary and general election.

The investigation is ongoing but I would anticipate multiple people will go to jail as a result.

The margin of victory was reasonably small in the general election (~900 votes) and this seems to be about the order of magnitude of the number of votes that were manipulated by the criminals, thus the outcome of the election is completely in doubt. The local board of elections has the power to choose to re-run the election which they are talking about doing, if the ongoing investigation continues to find serious issues. Congress itself also has the power to declare the election outcome invalid (if the local board doesn't) which it is also talking about doing.

It's also worth noting that the Voter ID laws typically proposed by Republicans would not have stopped this method of electoral fraud.

Moderated By: Sparko

merged Starlight's thread with this one on the same topic - Sparko

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Sparko; 12-07-2018 at 06:02 AM.