Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Book Plunge: Pokemon and Harry Potter, A Fatal Attraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Plunge: Pokemon and Harry Potter, A Fatal Attraction

Why is Phil Arms up in arms?

Link

-----

This post is way too long to post here. Readers will have to go to the original blog post.

I'm wondering why you bothered, Nick. If you're going to go after every kooky self-published book, you're going to be pretty busy.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I rarely do, but sometimes something just catches my eye and I can't seem to help myself.

Comment

Vic Migona is a believer. The man who voiced Broly and Bui. Awesome.

So what does this guy think of Castlevania? I mean Dracula himself says in Symphony of the Night that in gaining all of his power and throwing away his humanity he has only lost. He even quotes mathew 16.

What about the great fantasy and epic poems?

I have a lot of questions for this guy Nick.
        sigpic

Comment

Feel free to send them to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
            Feel free to send them to him.
            You kinda allready sent them with your post.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
              Vic Mignogna is a believer. The man who voiced Broly and Bui. Awesome.
              ftfy

He also voices Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Comment

Yes. Edward was the short guy.

Comment

On p. 35, Arms quotes another pastor who says that Pokemon teaches about gaining power from crystals. Again, my wife and I were puzzled at this. We tried to think of a game of Pokemon where this happens. We could not come up with one. We suspect this is a pastor who does not know about the game and sadly, there are too many pastors writing about things they do not know about.
                  Perhaps he's talking about evolution stones?

Comment

Perhaps, but they’re never called crystals

Comment

Yeah, but based on what you've written in the article about his ignorance about the games/anime it's hardly surprising that he wouldn't know the correct term for evolution stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                        Either that or various held items.

Comment

ftfy

He also voices Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.
                          Elric? Does Fullmetal Alchemist cadge names from elsewhere generally, or is this an exception?
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

As has ever been, opinions far too often are not based on knowledge but on ignorance and emotions.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Elric? Does Fullmetal Alchemist cadge names from elsewhere generally, or is this an exception?
                              I have no idea who you were referring to, so I had to look the name up. But yes, assuming you are talking about Elric of Melniboné, his last name is a reference to that character. Apart from Alphonse Elric (his brother) I have no idea whether or not other characters in the series have names that are referencing other media though.

ETA: No idea why you'd use the term "cadge" though.

Comment