Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller investigation conludes that Trump is guilty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flynn case falling apart?

Now MUELLER'S under the microscope: Judge sentencing ex-National Security Advisor Michael Flynn orders special counsel to hand over all interview documents after General claimed FBI pressured him NOT to take a lawyer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pressure.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You don't like Trump so you call him a wannabe dictator? How does that correlate with reality?

You must be high.
      I've heard it said that liberalism is a mental disorder. I've not seen much in the past few years to convince me otherwise.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        He can't be, thank goodness we have democratic institutions in place to keep him in check.
        Do you have any evidence that he would?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You don't like Trump so you call him a wannabe dictator? How does that correlate with reality?

You must be high.
          I don't think so. Trump's approach, without the US Constitutional safeguards, would have quickly led to him becoming emperor for life. He has shown that propensity over and over again. He does not respect the rule of law. He finds it very inconvenient that he can't just do what he wants. He does not understand the purpose or need for a free press. He is incredibly vengeful and knows little about the concept of self-restraint. He has almost no moral filter. He has self-identified with numerous despots, speaking out loud praise for their approach and envying the 'respect' their subjects show them. That is the part of who Trump is you just don't get at all Sparko, and the part of who Trump is that makes me wary of almost everything he does.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Well - certainly countering every point I make about what Trump is doing with "But Obama did something similar" or "A fellow doesn't have to be a saint to be president" certainly and not particularly convincing.

I've posted a lot of specifics over the time I've been in Civics pix. And most of it is ignored, excused, etc. I see no need to repeat it all each time I post a comment. Furhter, the purpose of that specific post is not to define the specific reasons for my issues with trump, it is to correct your false assumptions about what forms the basis for my objections to Trump.

Jim
            And again, what I have seen is a lot of opinion, assertions, and hysterics, but actual evidence seems to be lacking. Bottom line he is no worse than many past presidents and your hysterics do not help your case. Do I consider him moral? No. Would I want to be friends? No, but is he the most terrible person or even president ever? No, as far as moral cesspools, he’s pretty far from LBJ and many democrats consider him great.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I don't think so. Trump's approach, without the US Constitutional safeguards, would have quickly led to him becoming emperor for life. He has shown that propensity over and over again. He does not respect the rule of law. He finds it very inconvenient that he can't just do what he wants. He does not understand the purpose or need for a free press. He is incredibly vengeful and knows little about the concept of self-restraint. He has almost no moral filter. He has self-identified with numerous despots, speaking out loud praise for their approach and envying the 'respect' their subjects show them. That is the part of who Trump is you just don't get at all Sparko, and the part of who Trump is that makes me wary of almost everything he does.

Jim
              Jim, please stop with the overly dramatic predictions of doom.

Yes I know that to you Trump is Dr. Evil, Skeletor, and Lex Luthor all rolled up into one. But I am talking about reality here which requires actual evidence, not imagination or wild "what if" scenarios.

If we didn't have a constitution Obama would have been a dictator too as well as many other people. If we even had elections
              Last edited by Sparko; 12-13-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Imagine what it would be if Trump got the same fawning press that O did?

After 2 years in office, Trump’s approval rating matches Obama’s at same point of presidency

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/aft...of-presidency/
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

If we didn't have a constitution Obama would have been a dictator too as well as many other people. If we even had elections
                  Speaking of Obama, he was overruled by the Supreme Court more than any modern president.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Imagine what it would be if Trump got the same fawning press that O did?

After 2 years in office, Trump’s approval rating matches Obama’s at same point of presidency

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/aft...of-presidency/
                    Indeed. Obama's approval rating was the result of the media desperately trying to prop him up.

Trumps approval rating is despite the media desperately trying to tear him down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      He had his PEN!!! He could do whatever he wanted! He wanted to be Dictator of the World!!! If not for the constitutional safeguards just think of the horrors he would have committed!!! /Oxmode off.

Comment

Jim, please stop with the overly dramatic predictions of doom.

Yes I know that to you Trump is Dr. Evil, Skeletor, and Lex Luthor all rolled up into one. But I am talking about reality here which requires actual evidence, not imagination or wild "what if" scenarios.

Name one of the items I listed about Trump that is not true and verifiable:

Here is the list:

He does not respect the rule of law,He finds it very inconvenient that he can't just do what he wants. :

We see this almost every day. Tillerson just recently discussed that one of the most difficult parts of his interaction with trump was constantly having to tell him "You can't do that, it is illegal". Cohen - in jail for 3 years in part because he did the illegal things on Trump told hi to do. Trump consistently berated Sessions over his attempt to respect the law and recuse himself due to a conflict of interest. He tried to get Comey to look the other way on the matter of Flynn, another man in trouble with the department of Justice etc ...

He does not understand the purpose or need for a free press.

Wow, this would fill the entire post. Supporting MBS in spite of his involvement with the killing of Khoshoggi. His constant characterization of the press as the 'enemy of the people'. His disdain for and open hostility to any reporter who does not report favorably about his plans and inititiatives, to the point of taking punitive action or resorting to public shaming etc ..

He is incredibly vengeful and knows little about the concept of self-restraint.

Lawsuits, multiple affairs, "Access Hollywood", numerous instances of public shaming over twitter, etc ...

He has almost no moral filter.

See above. His constant and incessant lying, even when there is no need! His use of Cohen as a 'fixer' and others. etc ...

He has self-identified with numerous despots, speaking out loud praise for their approach and envying the 'respect' their subjects show them.

Trump is nothing but a bully. From how he has dealt with Ford in his public shaming of her at rallies to Sessions to Tillerson to his numerous lawsuits over trivial matters. He has the personality for sure. But
                        specifically these 7 one way or the other he has deferred to or out and out declared admiration for:

Kim Jong Un, Duterte, Putin, Xi Jinping, Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, Erdogan, MBS.

But feel free to show how he is NOT the things I listed, or better yet, make a cogent argument for how we can 'trust' a man with those characteristics NOT to seek something like emperor for life when the entire structure of our government is oriented around regonizing that even relatively normal, seemingly good people when embued with power are subject to the same desire and temptation. How much more so Donald Trump!

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• You're not helping yourself, Jim. You're coming across as extremely bitter and irrational.

Comment

Name one of the items I listed about Trump that is not true and verifiable:

Here is the list:

He does not respect the rule of law,He finds it very inconvenient that he can't just do what he wants. :

We see this almost every day. Tillerson just recently discussed that one of the most difficult parts of his interaction with trump was constantly having to tell him "You can't do that, it is illegal". Cohen - in jail for 3 years in part because he did the illegal things on Trump told hi to do. Trump consistently berated Sessions over his attempt to respect the law and recuse himself due to a conflict of interest. He tried to get Comey to look the other way on the matter of Flynn, another man in trouble with the department of Justice etc ...

He does not understand the purpose or need for a free press.

Wow, this would fill the entire post. Supporting MBS in spite of his involvement with the killing of Khoshoggi. His constant characterization of the press as the 'enemy of the people'. His disdain for and open hostility to any reporter who does not report favorably about his plans and inititiatives, to the point of taking punitive action or resorting to public shaming etc ..

He is incredibly vengeful and knows little about the concept of self-restraint.

Lawsuits, multiple affairs, "Access Hollywood", numerous instances of public shaming over twitter, etc ...

He has almost no moral filter.

See above. His constant and incessant lying, even when there is no need! His use of Cohen as a 'fixer' and others. etc ...

He has self-identified with numerous despots, speaking out loud praise for their approach and envying the 'respect' their subjects show them.

Trump is nothing but a bully. From how he has dealt with Ford in his public shaming of her at rallies to Sessions to Tillerson to his numerous lawsuits over trivial matters. He has the personality for sure. But
                            specifically these 7 one way or the other he has deferred to or out and out declared admiration for:

Kim Jong Un, Duterte, Putin, Xi Jinping, Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, Erdogan, MBS.

But feel free to show how he is NOT the things I listed, or better yet, make a cogent argument for how we can 'trust' a man with those characteristics NOT to seek something like emperor for life when the entire structure of our government is oriented around regonizing that even relatively normal, seemingly good people when embued with power are subject to the same desire and temptation. How much more so Donald Trump!

Jim
                            Everything you mention is taken out of context and an exaggeration Jim. wow. I tell you you are being over the top and you double down on it.

"doesn't respect the rule of law" - if he doesn't know something is against the law that is not the same as not respecting it. He isn't a lawyer like most politicians are.
                            No moral filter - I agree with that one
                            Identified with numerous despots. No he hasn't. He dealt with them and actually got them to back down. Like Korea. That's diplomacy, not identifying with them.
                            Bully? Sometimes he is, but not always. He mostly just doesn't let anyone walk all over him. And he doesn't respond like the liberals want him to. They are used to people backing down and apologizing when they make accusations of victimization and racism and such, Trump doesn't back down and tells them what slimeballs they are.
                            He understands the press pretty well and again doesn't let them push him around. Trump know how to push their buttons and with a single tweet can get them riled up for days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              You're not helping yourself, Jim. You're coming across as extremely bitter and irrational.
                              That is silly. I'm simply responding to the facts as they are. Half the country is concerned about this. It isn't 'just me', and it isn't irrational. What is perhaps irrational is the continued dismissal of the continuous stream of red flags trump is throwing out way. It may be rational to trust and hope the founding fathers created a sufficiently strong set of restraints to keep him under control, but it is not rational to look the other way so often as you do.

Jim

Comment

That is silly. I'm simply responding to the facts as they are. Half the country is concerned about this. It isn't 'just me', and it isn't irrational. What is perhaps irrational is the continued dismissal of the continuous stream of red flags trump is throwing out way. It may be rational to trust and hope the founding fathers created a sufficiently strong set of restraints to keep him under control, but it is not rational to look the other way so often as you do.

Jim
                                it's irrational to believe Trump is trying to undermine democracy itself and the only thing reigning him in is the constitution.

Comment