Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller investigation conludes that Trump is guilty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
    I haven't done that. Each time a problem associated with a past president has been brought up, I've been quite happy to say 'that was bad'. You seem to be working some false impressions:

A) the fact that some president in the past did something bad and got away with it to some extent big or small means that Trump is excused for doing something similarly bad.
    B) it is my responsibility to reference all the times some other president has done something bad before I point out something Trump is doing that is bad.

Both of those are false assumptions pix.

Further, Trump is not 'the worst thing ever' because no other president ever did something similar. The issue with Trump is that he regularly exceeds previous excesses in two ways.

(1) He seems intent on trying to do ALL of them at once.
    (2) he adds to it the degradation of the presidency itself, the degradation of relations with our allies, daily new lows in terms of how he lies about his actions and the actions of others. He allies himself with despots. And instead of trying to hide less that honorable actions or intentions, he flaunts them. And that is the short list.

No other president combines so many issues into one person, one presidency. He's like all the bad things in Nixon, Bush, Obama, and Clinton all rolled into one man, with some extra on top for frosting.
    "Orange Man bad! "
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Trump has signed into law 1 major piece of legislation in 2 years, and that was a tax cut for his very wealthy friends. He has increased the debt though, by over a trillion dollars so far. And here I thought republicans/conservatives were actually principled concerning the debt. NOT!

Besides that, Trump is a criminal, a crook, a con man, and treasonous to western democracy.
      Seriously, Jimmy, it's not necessary to go so far out of your way to show how ignorant you are.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        It usually favors Dems over Republicans.
        "Usually"? Can you name one time over anything even marginally significant that they favored the Republicans in the past few generations?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I think it is cute that you believe the rest of the world, except the USA is as far left as you are.
          Gotta wonder if he believes that they also think Stalin was a right winger.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Gotta wonder if he believes that they also think Stalin was a right winger.
            Yeah, you could replace Stalin with Trump and it wouldn't make a lick of difference. Right winger Trumps problem is that he is operating in a democracy and isn't able to display his Stalinistic tendencies. As we have recently seen, conservatives, right wingers, aren't real big fans of democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Trump has signed into law 1 major piece of legislation in 2 years, and that was a tax cut for his very wealthy friends. He has increased the debt though, by over a trillion dollars so far. And here I thought republicans/conservatives were actually principled concerning the debt. NOT!

Besides that, Trump is a criminal, a crook, a con man, and treasonous to western democracy.
              Trump passed 116 bills in just his first year in office.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/29/polit...ion/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                I haven't done that. Each time a problem associated with a past president has been brought up, I've been quite happy to say 'that was bad'. You seem to be working some false impressions:

A) the fact that some president in the past did something bad and got away with it to some extent big or small means that Trump is excused for doing something similarly bad.
                B) it is my responsibility to reference all the times some other president has done something bad before I point out something Trump is doing that is bad.

Both of those are false assumptions pix.

Further, Trump is not 'the worst thing ever' because no other president ever did something similar. The issue with Trump is that he regularly exceeds previous excesses in two ways.

(1) He seems intent on trying to do ALL of them at once.
                (2) he adds to it the degradation of the presidency itself, the degradation of relations with our allies, daily new lows in terms of how he lies about his actions and the actions of others. He allies himself with despots. And instead of trying to hide less that honorable actions or intentions, he flaunts them. And that is the short list.

No other president combines so many issues into one person, one presidency. He's like all the bad things in Nixon, Bush, Obama, and Clinton all rolled into one man, with some extra on top for frosting.

Jim
                I see a lot of assertions, assumptions, and opinion here but no real specifics beyond you seem to think he’s satan himself and nothing will convince you otherwise.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yeah, you could replace Stalin with Trump and it wouldn't make a lick of difference. Right winger Trumps problem is that he is operating in a democracy and isn't able to display his Stalinistic tendencies. As we have recently seen, conservatives, right wingers, aren't real big fans of democracy.
                  So have you been sent to a labor camp yet? Comparing Trump to Stalin and Hitler is downplaying the horrible things these two mad men did and spitting in the face of their victims. Trump isn’t Hitler or Stalin.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Are you posting high again? Stalin was a communist, Trump is a capitalist. Polar opposites.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      So have you been sent to a labor camp yet? Comparing Trump to Stalin and Hitler is downplaying the horrible things these two mad men did and spitting in the face of their victims. Trump isn’t Hitler or Stalin.
                      He can't be, thank goodness we have democratic institutions in place to keep him in check.

Comment

Are you posting high again? Stalin was a communist, Trump is a capitalist. Polar opposites.
                        Stalin was a dictator, a brutal tyrant. Trump is a wannabe dictator operating in a different system of government.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          I see a lot of assertions, assumptions, and opinion here but no real specifics beyond you seem to think he’s satan himself and nothing will convince you otherwise.
                          Well - certainly countering every point I make about what Trump is doing with "But Obama did something similar" or "A fellow doesn't have to be a saint to be president" certainly and not particularly convincing.

I've posted a lot of specifics over the time I've been in Civics pix. And most of it is ignored, excused, etc. I see no need to repeat it all each time I post a comment. Furhter, the purpose of that specific post is not to define the specific reasons for my issues with trump, it is to correct your false assumptions about what forms the basis for my objections to Trump.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

1 piece of major legislation, the tax cuts for himself and his wealthy friends. But he did increase the debt bigly! I guess conservatives aren't as pricipled as they pretend to be, eh?

Comment

Thanks. That list might make for an interesting discussion in and of itself. Maybe a new thread to discuss it?

Jim
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Stalin was a dictator, a brutal tyrant. Trump is a wannabe dictator operating in a different system of government.
                                You don't like Trump so you call him a wannabe dictator? How does that correlate with reality?

You must be high.

Comment