Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The evidence of a Tigris Euphrates Noah flood about 2900 BCE

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    That was just your wiggling after we pointed out you were wrong in the first place when you tried to claim that the Geocentric model was theology and not science. But now you are claiming that muslims were scientists before you claimed that science even existed, showing not only were you wrong in the first place but since you think that geocentrism is a Christian thing, you are a religious bigot since you accept muslims as scientists and claim the Europeans were not. Never mind that the muslims also believed in a geocentric universe.
    This not th subject of the thread: The evidence of a Tigris Euphrates Noah flood about 2900 BCE
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    That was just your wiggling after we pointed out you were wrong in the first place when you tried to claim that the Geocentric model was theology and not science. But now you are claiming that muslims were scientists before you claimed that science even existed, showing not only were you wrong in the first place but since you think that geocentrism is a Christian thing, you are a religious bigot since you accept muslims as scientists and claim the Europeans were not. Never mind that the muslims also believed in a geocentric universe.
    You appear to have completely missed the point. My argument is the natural philosophy of Aristotle, which constituted the “the settled science of the day” (as per Adrift's comment), vis-a-vis the scientific method utilized by the likes of Copernicus and Galileo and formalized by Sir Francis Bacon. As previously linked: “The Baconian method marked the beginning of the end for the 2,000-year-old natural philosophy of Aristotle, unleashing a wave of new scientific discoveries”. The majority who claimed a geocentric universe, including at the time theologians, based this concept on the natural philosophy of Aristotle, but Aristotelian methodology was superseded by the empiricism of the scientific method.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    This not th subject of the thread: The evidence of a Tigris Euphrates Noah flood about 2900 BCE
    Sorry for the derail.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    You appear to have completely missed the point. My argument is the natural philosophy of Aristotle, which constituted the “the settled science of the day” (as per Adrift's comment), vis-a-vis the scientific method utilized by the likes of Copernicus and Galileo and formalized by Sir Francis Bacon. As previously linked: “The Baconian method marked the beginning of the end for the 2,000-year-old natural philosophy of Aristotle, unleashing a wave of new scientific discoveries”. The majority who claimed a geocentric universe, including at the time theologians, based this concept on the natural philosophy of Aristotle, but Aristotelian methodology was superseded by the empiricism of the scientific method.
    He didn't miss your point. And,
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Why in the world are you conflating my use of the phrase "settled science of the day" (actually MM's usage which I agreed with), with modern "scientific method?"

5. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.