Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 144 of 144

Thread: The evidence of a Tigris Euphrates Noah flood about 2900 BCE

  1. #141
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,192
    Amen (Given)
    1529
    Amen (Received)
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    That was just your wiggling after we pointed out you were wrong in the first place when you tried to claim that the Geocentric model was theology and not science. But now you are claiming that muslims were scientists before you claimed that science even existed, showing not only were you wrong in the first place but since you think that geocentrism is a Christian thing, you are a religious bigot since you accept muslims as scientists and claim the Europeans were not. Never mind that the muslims also believed in a geocentric universe.
    This not th subject of the thread: The evidence of a Tigris Euphrates Noah flood about 2900 BCE
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  2. #142
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,334
    Amen (Given)
    2478
    Amen (Received)
    1794
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    That was just your wiggling after we pointed out you were wrong in the first place when you tried to claim that the Geocentric model was theology and not science. But now you are claiming that muslims were scientists before you claimed that science even existed, showing not only were you wrong in the first place but since you think that geocentrism is a Christian thing, you are a religious bigot since you accept muslims as scientists and claim the Europeans were not. Never mind that the muslims also believed in a geocentric universe.
    You appear to have completely missed the point. My argument is the natural philosophy of Aristotle, which constituted the “the settled science of the day” (as per Adrift's comment), vis-a-vis the scientific method utilized by the likes of Copernicus and Galileo and formalized by Sir Francis Bacon. As previously linked: “The Baconian method marked the beginning of the end for the 2,000-year-old natural philosophy of Aristotle, unleashing a wave of new scientific discoveries”. The majority who claimed a geocentric universe, including at the time theologians, based this concept on the natural philosophy of Aristotle, but Aristotelian methodology was superseded by the empiricism of the scientific method.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  3. #143
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,881
    Amen (Given)
    4989
    Amen (Received)
    22117
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    This not th subject of the thread: The evidence of a Tigris Euphrates Noah flood about 2900 BCE
    Sorry for the derail.

  4. #144
    tWebber Adrift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,493
    Amen (Given)
    6947
    Amen (Received)
    6638
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    You appear to have completely missed the point. My argument is the natural philosophy of Aristotle, which constituted the “the settled science of the day” (as per Adrift's comment), vis-a-vis the scientific method utilized by the likes of Copernicus and Galileo and formalized by Sir Francis Bacon. As previously linked: “The Baconian method marked the beginning of the end for the 2,000-year-old natural philosophy of Aristotle, unleashing a wave of new scientific discoveries”. The majority who claimed a geocentric universe, including at the time theologians, based this concept on the natural philosophy of Aristotle, but Aristotelian methodology was superseded by the empiricism of the scientific method.
    He didn't miss your point. And,
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Why in the world are you conflating my use of the phrase "settled science of the day" (actually MM's usage which I agreed with), with modern "scientific method?"

  5. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •