Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Fulfilled prophecy - The Jewish people will go without king or sacrifice a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulfilled prophecy - The Jewish people will go without king or sacrifice a long time

"For the sons of Israel will remain for many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar and without ephod or household idols. Afterward the sons of Israel will return and seek the Lord their God and David their king; and they will come trembling to the Lord and to His goodness in the last days." (Hosea 3:4–5)

And the first part is being fulfilled, many years without king or prince or sacrifice, beginning in 70 AD. What makes this more remarkable is that sacrifice is at the heart of the Mosaic religion, and yet the temple has not yet been rebuilt in all these years. But someday there will again be a king in Israel!

"Who is like Me? Let him proclaim and declare it;
    Yes, let him recount it to Me in order,
    From the time that I established the ancient nation.
    And let them declare to them the things that are coming
    And the events that are going to take place.
    Do not tremble and do not be afraid;
    Have I not long since announced it to you and declared it?
    And you are My witnesses.
    Is there any God besides Me,
    Or is there any other Rock?
    I know of none." (Isaiah 44:7–8)

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

I'm not sure how you're extracting that prophecy from that statement. At any rate, the Nation State of Israel, as it currently is, has about the same chance of getting a king of its country as the United States does, and for the foreseeable future there are no one who wants the Dome of the Rock to be removed in order for a Third Temple to be built.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I'm not sure how you're extracting that prophecy from that statement. At any rate, the Nation State of Israel, as it currently is, has about the same chance of getting a king of its country as the United States does, and for the foreseeable future there are no one who wants the Dome of the Rock to be removed in order for a Third Temple to be built.
      There are lots of people who want the Dome of the Rock removed in order for a Third Temple to be built. However, they either lack the ability to carry out the removal or are held back by the knowledge that the world's Muslim countries would see it as grounds for immediate attack.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        There are lots of people who want the Dome of the Rock removed in order for a Third Temple to be built. However, they either lack the ability to carry out the removal or are held back by the knowledge that the world's Muslim countries would see it as grounds for immediate attack.
        And the temple wasn't rebuilt for all the centuries before the Dome of the Rock was built in 691 AD.

Originally posted by Leonhard
        I'm not sure how you're extracting that prophecy from that statement.
        But which specific prophecy do you mean?

Blessings,
        Lee
        "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
          And the temple wasn't rebuilt for all the centuries before the Dome of the Rock was built in 691 AD.
          It wasn't for lack of trying.

The Bar Kochba revolt around AD 132-135 was intended to rebuild the temple, and it resulted in disaster, forcing the Jews out of Palestine altogether.

Then there was the emperor Julian the Apostate, who urged the Jews to rebuild the temple in AD 363. That also resulted in disaster.
          When I Survey....

Comment

The King returned in power in AD 70, and is putting the world under His feet. The Temple is our bodies.
            Source: John 4

19 The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

© Copyright Original Source

The Temple was but a shadow of things to come (Heb. 9).
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Individuals? Yes. I don't take them seriously. The Israeli government has wisely made it clear that the Dome of the Rock is a world treasure. If anyone knocks it down it definitely won't be them.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
                But which specific prophecy do you mean?
                Isaiah 44:7–8, how do you extract those prophecies from that verse?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  Isaiah 44:7–8, how do you extract those prophecies from that verse?
                  Oops, no, the prophecies were extracted from the quote from Hosea, and the Isaiah verses were to show that God points to fulfilled prophecy as a way in which he shows that he is God, and God alone.

Blessings,
                  Lee

Comment