Starbucks "Pay it Forward"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks "Pay it Forward"?

A couple years ago, there seemed to be a "pay it forward" thing going on at Chick-Fil-A.

I was both a recipient and a benefactor of the "the guy in front of you paid for your meal" thing at Chick-Fil-A. And I heard bunches of similar stories.

This morning, while taking my granddaughter to school, she wanted to drive through Starbucks to get a [whatever*] for her and her best friend.

We were "next in line" behind a city police vehicle driven by our school resource officer.

When we got to the window to pay, the lady smiled and, pointing to the departing police car, said "she paid your bill!"

This could entirely be an isolated incident, or maybe she recognized me as the police chaplain, or maybe she recognized my granddaughter as a student at her school, or maybe she just felt like "giving".

Anybody else hear of any "pay it forward" (actually, I guess it would be "pay it backward" ) random acts of kindness at Starbucks?

*I don't speak Starbucks More of a McDonald's 50 cent coffee kind of guy
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-10-2018, 11:44 AM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Interesting... just found this...

378 people 'pay it forward' at Starbucks

An act of kindness at a Starbucks drive-thru in Florida inspired an 11-hour chain of paying-it-forward.

A woman drove up and paid for her own iced coffee at 7 a.m. Wednesday at a St. Petersburg store, and also asked to pay for a caramel macchiato for the driver behind her, who then did the same for the next customer.

After a few people continued the chain, the employees started keeping a tally on a piece of paper by the window.

By 1:30 p.m., 260 people had paid it forward, according to the Tampa Bay Times, ordering their own drinks and paying for one for the stranger behind them. After people ordered their drinks and drove up to the window, barista Vu Nguyen explained that the drink had already been paid for and asked if they'd like to return the favor. In total, 378 people agreed to keep it going.

(That one seems to have been "aggravated" (in a good sense) by the Starbucks employees.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Someone should try the Sparko patented Pay it Backward freeloading method.

"The guy behind me is paying for mine"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Interesting... just found this...

378 people 'pay it forward' at Starbucks

An act of kindness at a Starbucks drive-thru in Florida inspired an 11-hour chain of paying-it-forward.

A woman drove up and paid for her own iced coffee at 7 a.m. Wednesday at a St. Petersburg store, and also asked to pay for a caramel macchiato for the driver behind her, who then did the same for the next customer.

After a few people continued the chain, the employees started keeping a tally on a piece of paper by the window.

By 1:30 p.m., 260 people had paid it forward, according to the Tampa Bay Times, ordering their own drinks and paying for one for the stranger behind them. After people ordered their drinks and drove up to the window, barista Vu Nguyen explained that the drink had already been paid for and asked if they'd like to return the favor. In total, 378 people agreed to keep it going.

(That one seems to have been "aggravated" (in a good sense) by the Starbucks employees.
        OK, this one, after hearing from others, appears to be more of a publicity stunt rather than a spontaneous outbreak of good will.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          OK, this one, after hearing from others, appears to be more of a publicity stunt rather than a spontaneous outbreak of good will.
          Or you could get in line and order $200 worth of coffee. What's that? 3 or 4 Mochiatos?

Comment