Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Advent/Christmas Readings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advent/Christmas Readings

20181211_194904 (1).jpg

Favorite Advent/Christmas readings and traditions, go.

Last year after reading about Jólabókaflóð (“Yule Book Flood”), an Icelandic tradition, I curl up to a glass of my favorite Riesling wine, some treat with peppermint, and a new book on Christmas Eve. It is quickly becoming a tradition for me.
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

I thought this thread was going to be some weird mashup between Christmas and Palm Reading.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]33734[/ATTACH]

Favorite Advent/Christmas readings and traditions, go.

Last year after reading about Jólabókaflóð (“Yule Book Flood”), an Icelandic tradition, I curl up to a glass of my favorite Riesling wine, some treat with peppermint, and a new book on Christmas Eve. It is quickly becoming a tradition for me.
      My favorite is Chateau Ste. Michelle. I'll be traveling either Christmas Eve or getting up very early on Christmas to do so. I may read for a bit after church if I go with the latter option. I have plenty of new books to choose from.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Matthew 1-2 and Luke 1-2. Any time, any place.
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          My favorite is Chateau Ste. Michelle. I'll be traveling either Christmas Eve or getting up very early on Christmas to do so. I may read for a bit after church if I go with the latter option. I have plenty of new books to choose from.
          I have a bottle of that in the fridge for Christmas Eve. There's also a winery in my state that makes an excellent Riesling and it's my top favorite. But I tried the Chateau for Thanksgiving and really liked it.
          I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

I wrote a little series of five poems for Advent last year, based on the Czech Folk names for the Advent Sundays, hoping that someone would translate them into Czech so they could become a new little local Church tradition. My brother-in-law has taken up the task, and we've been reading them out at church alongside the lighting of the advent candles this year—they've been very well received so far.
            --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X