Thread: Advent/Christmas Readings

High Priestess of the Pot Stirrers ke7ejx's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Advent/Christmas Readings

20181211_194904 (1).jpg

Favorite Advent/Christmas readings and traditions, go.

Last year after reading about Jólabókaflóð (“Yule Book Flood”), an Icelandic tradition, I curl up to a glass of my favorite Riesling wine, some treat with peppermint, and a new book on Christmas Eve. It is quickly becoming a tradition for me.
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I thought this thread was going to be some weird mashup between Christmas and Palm Reading.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ke7ejx View Post
    20181211_194904 (1).jpg

Favorite Advent/Christmas readings and traditions, go.

Last year after reading about Jólabókaflóð (“Yule Book Flood”), an Icelandic tradition, I curl up to a glass of my favorite Riesling wine, some treat with peppermint, and a new book on Christmas Eve. It is quickly becoming a tradition for me.
    My favorite is Chateau Ste. Michelle. I'll be traveling either Christmas Eve or getting up very early on Christmas to do so. I may read for a bit after church if I go with the latter option. I have plenty of new books to choose from.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

4. Amen ke7ejx amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Slave for Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Matthew 1-2 and Luke 1-2. Any time, any place.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight_spam!

6. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    High Priestess of the Pot Stirrers ke7ejx's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    My favorite is Chateau Ste. Michelle. I'll be traveling either Christmas Eve or getting up very early on Christmas to do so. I may read for a bit after church if I go with the latter option. I have plenty of new books to choose from.
    I have a bottle of that in the fridge for Christmas Eve. There's also a winery in my state that makes an excellent Riesling and it's my top favorite. But I tried the Chateau for Thanksgiving and really liked it.
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wrote a little series of five poems for Advent last year, based on the Czech Folk names for the Advent Sundays, hoping that someone would translate them into Czech so they could become a new little local Church tradition. My brother-in-law has taken up the task, and we've been reading them out at church alongside the lighting of the advent candles this year—they've been very well received so far.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Proofreader, editor and promotional video maker for Superversive Press, where hope is the new genre.

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

9. Amen mossrose, LostSheep, One Bad Pig, ke7ejx amen'd this post.