Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Did Jesus preach or proclaim the doctrine of the Trinity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Christian3 don't waste your time. Hakeem just brings the same refuted arguments over and over, then leaves for a while hoping people forget what happened last time.
    It appears that way, Cerebrum123. As Jesus said in Matthew 7 and Matthew 10:

6 Don’t give what is holy to dogs or toss your pearls before pigs...

14 And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town. 15 Truly, I say to you, it will be more bearable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than for that town.

Comment

• Very untrue. None cannot refute what Jesus Christ says in Matthew 24:36 "ONLY THE FATHER" knows that hour. Only means only. Matthew 24:36 does not give exceptions.

Comment

• Like Matthew 24:36, no one can refute what Jesus Christ says in John 17:1-3 that the "Father" "the ONLY TRUE GOD". Again, only means only.

Below are John 17:1-3 (NIV);

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
          Like Matthew 24:36, no one can refute what Jesus Christ says in John 17:1-3 that the "Father" "the ONLY TRUE GOD". Again, only means only.

Below are John 17:1-3 (NIV);

“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
          The God of Israel is the only true God vs idols and false gods.

In John 17:5 Jesus as the incarnate Word of God said He existed before the world existed. Only God existed before the world existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
            The God of Israel is the only true God vs idols and false gods.

In John 17:5 Jesus as the incarnate Word of God said He existed before the world existed. Only God existed before the world existed.
            There are certain corrections I need to make for you;

1. You saying "The God of Israel is the only true God" is made clear by Jesus calling the Father "the only true God" in John 17:3.

2. You saying "In John 17:5 Jesus as the incarnate Word of God said He existed before the world existed" does not make Jesus God because ,for example, the wisdom existed from everlasting according to Proverbs 8:23:

"He established me before time was in the beginning, before he made the earth"

Also, according to Hebrews 7:3, Melchizedek is " Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God"

Comment

There are certain corrections I need to make for you;

1. You saying "The God of Israel is the only true God" is made clear by Jesus calling the Father "the only true God" in John 17:3.

2. You saying "In John 17:5 Jesus as the incarnate Word of God said He existed before the world existed" does not make Jesus God because ,for example, the wisdom existed from everlasting according to Proverbs 8:23:

"He established me before time was in the beginning, before he made the earth"

Also, according to Hebrews 7:3, Melchizedek is " Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God"
              Jesus if the Wisdom of God.

Comment

Jesus if the Wisdom of God.
                According to the Bible, it is proven that existing before the world existed does not make Jesus God because as I said earlier Melchizedek is "Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God" in Hebrews 7:3.

Comment

According to the Bible, it is proven that existing before the world existed does not make Jesus God because as I said earlier Melchizedek is "Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God" in Hebrews 7:3.
                  "without father and without mother" simply means his father and mother were unknown.

Jesus claimed He as the eternal Word of God existed before the world was created.

Comment

"without father and without mother" simply means his father and mother were unknown.

Jesus claimed He as the eternal Word of God existed before the world was created.
                    Hebrew 7:3 also describes Melchizedek as "without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God"

Comment

Hebrew 7:3 also describes Melchizedek as "without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God"
                      It's an analogy to Jesus, Hakeem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        It's an analogy to Jesus, Hakeem.
                        What matters in Heb 7:3, Melchizedek is "without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God"

Comment

What matters in Heb 7:3, Melchizedek is "without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God"
                          So you are just going to ignore everyone and repeat yourself? OK then I will just ignore you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            So you are just going to ignore everyone and repeat yourself? OK then I will just ignore you.
                            I am only using verses from the Bible.

When Heb 7:3 states that Melchizedek is "without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God", it means what Heb 7:3 literally reads that Melchizedek is "without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God"

Comment

I am only using verses from the Bible.

When Heb 7:3 states that Melchizedek is "without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God", it means what Heb 7:3 literally reads that Melchizedek is "without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God"
                              How many times are you going to repeat yourself, get answers, and continue to repeat yourself?

Comment

How many times are you going to repeat yourself, get answers, and continue to repeat yourself?
                                Because Jesus cannot be GOD and be with God as per John 1:2 which reads "He (Jesus) was with God in the beginning"

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X