Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Did Jesus preach or proclaim the doctrine of the Trinity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    This section does not specify who is permitted to post here, as other sections do. Nor am I arguing against the belief in god. I am simply pointing out the historical background to the entire topic of the Trinity.
    Yes. It does. "World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism."
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

This section does not specify who is permitted to post here, as other sections do. Nor am I arguing against the belief in god. I am simply pointing out the historical background to the entire topic of the Trinity.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/announcement.php?f=50

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

"world religions" is the main forum of which Comparative Religions is a sub forum.

The main issue is you are not a theist. AND you were arguing against the belief in God. And now you are arguing with moderation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Yes. It does.
        Where?

On my viewing it appears as:

Forum: World Religions
        "Be the change that you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

It then lists the sub fora. There is no mention of Theists Only. Other boards do carry that injunction [e.g. Christians only or Atheists only]

Furthermore, given that your site is modelled on a "university" is it not possible to discuss Comparative Religion in a non religious manner here? It is done so quite successfully in real academia without the need for any theistic overtones on the part of those thus engaged.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Where?

On my viewing it appears as:

Forum: World Religions
          "Be the change that you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

It then lists the sub fora. There is no mention of Theists Only. Other boards do carry that injunction [e.g. Christians only or Atheists only]

Furthermore, given that your site is modelled on a "university" is it not possible to discuss Comparative Religion in a non religious manner here? It is done so quite successfully in real academia without the need for any theistic overtones on the part of those thus engaged.
          On every forum's front page, there is an announcement at the top with the rules for that area.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Theists are allowed in General Theistics as long as the discussion remains civil (light debate only)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            On every forum's front page, there is an announcement at the top with the rules for that area.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45636[/ATTACH]

Theists are allowed in General Theistics as long as the discussion remains civil (light debate only)
            I think someone needs to make that clear on this section. It is less than transparent and if other boards on your site can make their position clear I would suggest it can also be done here.

I will cease posting here but as your site is premised on a university I would point out that in a real university faculty the study of comparative religion is somewhat more liberal, detailed, and wide ranging.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            The things that you're liable
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life
            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I think someone needs to make that clear on this section. It is less than transparent and if other boards on your site can make their position clear I would suggest it can also be done here.

I will cease posting here but as your site is premised on a university I would point out that in a real university faculty the study of comparative religion is somewhat more liberal, detailed, and wide ranging.
              OK I made the change to the forum listing. But generally the rules are located at the top of the first page of each forum, NOT on the listing of forums. So please check there before posting in a new area. Thanks.

Comment

A possible whipping and instructions to his family to take care of him, as he would have been judged to be mad.

You do realise your gospels are not verbatim reports of events, don't you? No one was following Jesus around with a cellphone or tape recorder recording his every word. These sacred biographies were all written decades after the events they purport to recount.

John Ashton, Understanding the Fourth Gospel, OUP, 2007
                What page is it on?

Comment

• You can wait till the cows come home for this one, Christian3 😎👏😂.

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                  What page is it on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Zebiri View Post
                    You can wait till the cows come home for this one, Christian3 😎👏😂.
                    I bought the book; that's why I'm asking what page is something on that HA says is there. So far, no answers from HA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                      I bought the book; that's why I'm asking what page is something on that HA says is there. So far, no answers from HA.
                      So good that you are verifying the sources, Christian3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                        Same Hakeem, I'm still waiting for you to teach me the Trinity.
                        The Bible not only does not teach the Trinity but also reject it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
                          The Bible not only does not teach the Trinity but also reject it.
                          Please cite the Scriptures.
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• STILL waiting for hakeem's Scripture "verses" that 'reject the Trinity'..

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              In Matthew 24:36, Jesus says "no one knows of that day and that hour not even the angels in heaven BUT ONLY THE FATHER" (emphasis); therefore, the Holy Spirit does not know this hour and cannot be God.

Comment

• Repetition of previous senseless "answers" makes you even MORE illogical and nonsensical, hakeem.

It does make you sound like a parrot with no intelligence and increases your comical performance which has some amusing value. LOL!!

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
                                In Matthew 24:36, Jesus says "no one knows of that day and that hour not even the angels in heaven BUT ONLY THE FATHER" (emphasis); therefore, the Holy Spirit does not know this hour and cannot be God.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X