Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 139

Thread: Did Jesus preach or proclaim the doctrine of the Trinity?

  1. #121
    tWebber tabibito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    DownUnder
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,958
    Amen (Given)
    202
    Amen (Received)
    852
    As I said - the scriptures show clearly that God is triune, and show how that fact has its outworking.

    Your objection fails to take into account the Jesus of Nazareth was God-become-man. Philippians 2:6 and John 1 give basic accounts of that fact, but they are not the only references.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

  2. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
  3. #122
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    332
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    As I said - the scriptures show clearly that God is triune, and show how that fact has its outworking.

    Your objection fails to take into account the Jesus of Nazareth was God-become-man. Philippians 2:6 and John 1 give basic accounts of that fact, but they are not the only references.
    Phil 2 and John 1 have Jesus called "GOD" or "in the form of God", which are common in the Bible where figures are called GODS as in Psalm 82:6.

    What makes one God is if such one meets the qualities of God given in the Bible. God has certain qualities in the Bible. For example, God is one; "there is no God but one" in 1 Corinthians 8:4. Colossians 3:1 says "Christ sits at the right hand of God." So if "God" Jesus sits at the right hand of God in Colossians 3:1, there must be more than one God; otherwise, Jesus is not God.

  4. #123
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,924
    Amen (Given)
    5212
    Amen (Received)
    3519
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Phil 2 and John 1 have Jesus called "GOD" or "in the form of God", which are common in the Bible where figures are called GODS as in Psalm 82:6.
    The phrase "in the form of God" in Philippians 2:6 is in no way analogous to the term "gods" in Psalm 82:6. Being in the form of God implies equality with God, as the verse goes on to explain, while the same cannot be same for the "gods" in Psalm 82:6.

    Furthermore, in Romans 10 Paul ascribes the divine name YHWH to Jesus, and sets forth as a condition for salvation to confess Jesus as Lord, where is a substitute for the tetragrammaton:

    Scripture Verse: Romans 10:9-13


    9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

    © Copyright Original Source



    "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" is a citation from Joel 2:32, where Lord is a substitute for the tetragrammaton. In other words, and as I've already mentioned above, Paul is claiming that Jesus is none other than YHWH in human form.


    Scripture Verse: Romans 10:9-13


    What makes one God is if such one meets the qualities of God given in the Bible. God has certain qualities in the Bible. For example, God is one; "there is no God but one" in 1 Corinthians 8:4. Colossians 3:1 says "Christ sits at the right hand of God." So if "God" Jesus sits at the right hand of God in Colossians 3:1, there must be more than one God; otherwise, Jesus is not God.

    © Copyright Original Source



    The term God is used in different senses in 1 Cor 8:4 and Col 3:1. In the former it's speaking of God as a being, while in the latter it's speaking about the person of God the Father, i.e it's used as a title. Christianity teaches that there are three distinct Persons who are all perfectly united in one divine being/essence. So there is one being, God, but three Persons sharing fully in the divine essence, who are all properly called God.

  5. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
  6. #124
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Asia
    Faith
    Christian
    Posts
    67
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    5
    Hakeem, your so-called "answers" are really what make no sense. Here you selectively quote from.the Gospel of John and then hypocritically and shamefully ignore the other passages from the same Gospel. You were never able to reply my earlier answer to your thoughtless ramblings like so. ..:-

  7. #125
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Asia
    Faith
    Christian
    Posts
    67
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    5
    Dan Zebiri said:
    06-02-2019 08:06 PM

    You so conveniently forget, or is superbly ignorant about, hakeem, that Jesus Christ is the Logos and the Word of God in Christianity and this is also agreed by the quran.

    In the Divine Holy Trinity, the Divine Word of God co-exists eternally with God Himself. To be at the "side of God" or internal to God is never an issue whatsoever for us.

    Because God's Word and God Himself, can never be separated. That's clearly why the Lord Jesus Christ Himself declared that He "and the Father (ie.God) ARE ONE." in John 10:30, also in John 14:9-10:

    Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know me, Philip?

    He who has seen me has seen the Father.

    How do you say, 'Show us the Father?' Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works.

    So, when He ascended back to be with God the Father, Jesus Christ can be seated at God's "right hand" or He can continue to live in the Father because Jesus is God's living Word, they are inseparable. No problem for us whatsoever.

  8. #126
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Asia
    Faith
    Christian
    Posts
    67
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    5
    Jesus Christ Himself declared that He "and the Father (ie.God) ARE ONE." in John 10:30, also in John 14:9-10:

    Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know me, Philip?

    He who has seen me has seen the Father.

    How do you say, 'Show us the Father?' Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works.

  9. #127
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Asia
    Faith
    Christian
    Posts
    67
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    5
    It's interesting that this thread is about Jesus Christ "teaching or proclaiming about the Holy Trinity", so passages of Scripture should appropriately and rightly focus on Christ's words in the Gospel.

    Taking verses from outside the 4 Gospels are at best, only secondary and supplementary to argue the case.

  10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  11. #128
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    332
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    The phrase "in the form of God" in Philippians 2:6 is in no way analogous to the term "gods" in Psalm 82:6. Being in the form of God implies equality with God, as the verse goes on to explain, while the same cannot be same for the "gods" in Psalm 82:6.

    Furthermore, in Romans 10 Paul ascribes the divine name YHWH to Jesus, and sets forth as a condition for salvation to confess Jesus as Lord, where is a substitute for the tetragrammaton:

    Scripture Verse: Romans 10:9-13


    9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

    © Copyright Original Source



    "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" is a citation from Joel 2:32, where Lord is a substitute for the tetragrammaton. In other words, and as I've already mentioned above, Paul is claiming that Jesus is none other than YHWH in human form.


    Scripture Verse: Romans 10:9-13


    What makes one God is if such one meets the qualities of God given in the Bible. God has certain qualities in the Bible. For example, God is one; "there is no God but one" in 1 Corinthians 8:4. Colossians 3:1 says "Christ sits at the right hand of God." So if "God" Jesus sits at the right hand of God in Colossians 3:1, there must be more than one God; otherwise, Jesus is not God.

    © Copyright Original Source



    The term God is used in different senses in 1 Cor 8:4 and Col 3:1. In the former it's speaking of God as a being, while in the latter it's speaking about the person of God the Father, i.e it's used as a title. Christianity teaches that there are three distinct Persons who are all perfectly united in one divine being/essence. So there is one being, God, but three Persons sharing fully in the divine essence, who are all properly called God.

    Saying "The term God is used in different senses in 1 Cor 8:4 and Col 3:1. In the former it's speaking of God as a being, while in the latter it's speaking about the person of God the Father, i.e it's used as a title" does not solve the problem because if God is only one as per 1 Corinthians 8:4, "God" Jesus siting at the right hand of God the Father requires two Gods.

  12. #129
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    453
    Amen (Given)
    69
    Amen (Received)
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Saying "The term God is used in different senses in 1 Cor 8:4 and Col 3:1. In the former it's speaking of God as a being, while in the latter it's speaking about the person of God the Father, i.e it's used as a title" does not solve the problem because if God is only one as per 1 Corinthians 8:4, "God" Jesus siting at the right hand of God the Father requires two Gods.


    First, there is only one God and Christians believe in only one God, the God of Israel.

    The phrase "sitting at the right of hand of God" means a place of honor and authority.

  13. Amen Rushing Jaws amen'd this post.
  14. #130
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    332
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    [/U][/B]

    First, there is only one God and Christians believe in only one God, the God of Israel.

    The phrase "sitting at the right of hand of God" means a place of honor and authority.
    In Revelation 3:21, Jesus said " I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne" ;therefore, "God" Jesus siting with God the Father requires more than one God while 1 Corinthians 8:4 says "there is no other God but one"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •