Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Did Jesus preach or proclaim the doctrine of the Trinity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
    The Father is greater in rank, not in essence.
    According to Jesus, the Father is greater than the Holy Spirit even in essence when Jesus made it clear that the hour of his second coming is limited to "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36 where Jesus said "of that day and that hour no one knows not even the angels in heaven BUT ONLY THE FATHER"

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
      According to Jesus, the Father is greater than the Holy Spirit even in essence when Jesus made it clear that the hour of his second coming is limited to "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36 where Jesus said "of that day and that hour no one knows not even the angels in heaven BUT ONLY THE FATHER"
      You fail to understand the subordination of Persons is not subordination in Deity - The Father, Son and Holy Spirit being the One and the same God, being distinct Persons. John 13:16, ". . . The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. . . ." Jesus was sent by His Father, John 17:3, and the Holy Spirit was sent as well, John 15:26.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
        You fail to understand the subordination of Persons is not subordination in Deity - The Father, Son and Holy Spirit being the One and the same God, being distinct Persons. John 13:16, ". . . The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. . . ." Jesus was sent by His Father, John 17:3, and the Holy Spirit was sent as well, John 15:26.
        1 John 3:20 says "God knows everything" therefore, the Holy Spirit is not God because Jesus limited the hour of his second coming to "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36 as Jesus said "of that day and that hour no one knows not even the angels in heaven BUT ONLY THE FATHER"

Comment

• Not at all, the Lord Jesus Christ ALREADY declared - over 2,000 years ago, that GOD IS SPIRIT. & you hakeem are proven wrong for shamelessly misrepresenting the Gospel, again - as usual!

In John 4:24 (NKJV), Jesus Christ said -

GOD IS SPIRIT, and those who worship Him must worship (Him) in Spirit and truth.”

So, the HOLY SPIRIT IS CLEARLY GOD and DIVINE according to Jesus' authority, over 600 years before Islam was invented.

And, Jesus Christ, as the creative, eternal Logos Word of God Himself, shared in God's glory from BEFORE the world began..:

Now Father, glorify ME in Your presence with the GLORY I HAD WITH YOU BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN.

- John 17:5

The Lord Jesus also BREATHED THE HOLY SPIRIT ON TO His followers, thereby imparting God's Spirit to them, since He has the absolute authority to do so:

He - Jesus- Breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit".

John 20:22 (KJV)

Obviously, the Holy Spirit is divinity according to Christ's revelation. Jesus Christ and the Heavenly Father are also ONE with the Holy Spirit in the divine triune Godhead.

By citing Biblical verses selectively you hakeem just betray your abysmal knowledge of what Christ really taught! Cherry picking verses as proof texts is hakeems favourite style to prop his false ideas and ignorant, twisted & confused polemics.

Next time ya hakeem, read all the Bible verses together rather then cherry pick them to suit your confused agendas!

You are unable to figure out what the Lord Jesus Christ actually taught due to your false and unproven ideas.

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
          1 John 3:20 says "God knows everything" therefore, the Holy Spirit is not God because Jesus limited the hour of his second coming to "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36 as Jesus said "of that day and that hour no one knows not even the angels in heaven BUT ONLY THE FATHER"

Comment

I'll make this as easy as possible for you to understand.

There is an ordering or a chain of command within the Trinity. All comes from the Father. It is the Father who sends the son; the son never sends the Father. God sends His Holy Spirit and tells Him what to do and speak. That is why Peter said if you have lied to the Holy Spirit you have lied to God.

Acts 5: 3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the proceeds from the field? 4 Wasn’t it yours while you possessed it? And after it was sold, wasn’t it at your disposal? Why is it that you planned this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God!”

Jesus said:

John 12: 49 For I have not spoken on My own, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a command as to what I should say and what I should speak. 50 I know that His command is eternal life. So the things that I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.”

The Holy Spirit says what He hears from the Father.

John 16: 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak whatever He hears.

So, Same Hakeem, the Father simply didn't tell the Son, nor the Holy Spirit.

Comment

Already answered. Your problem is that you don't understand the Trinity and it is no surprise here because your Allah though the Trinity was Allah, Jesus and the Virgin Mary.

Comment

• Same Hakeem, do you understand that the President is greater than we are in rank and authority, but not in essence?

Comment

1 John 3:20 Has a context. All what things?

1 John 3:19-21, ". . . And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. . . ."

Genuine believers know they have God's complete forgiveness (1 Iohn 5:10-13), those who do not (Romans 8:9) remain self condemned (Matthew 12:36).
                  . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                    Already answered. Your problem is that you don't understand the Trinity and it is no surprise here because your Allah though the Trinity was Allah, Jesus and the Virgin Mary.
                    I do understand what the Trinity teaches but the Bible does contradict the trinity. For example, the Holy is Spirit CANNOT BE GOD because "THE ONLY TRUE GOD" is the Father, according to John 17:1-3.

Comment

I do understand what the Trinity teaches but the Bible does contradict the trinity. For example, the Holy is Spirit CANNOT BE GOD because "THE ONLY TRUE GOD" is the Father, according to John 17:1-3.
                      YHWH is the only true God. Jesus called Him Father. The one true God is one God in three persons, Father His Word (son by relationship) and His spirit.

It is the Word of God who was with the Father, the eternal Word of God. The Word of God is His agent for creation. You see God and His Word and His Spirit in the beginning of Genesis.

The Word of God became flesh in the human body of Jesus of Nazareth. This happened about 2,000 years ago. Before that time Jesus of Nazareth as a man did not exist.

The One True God is the only God as opposed to idols:

2 Chronicles 15:

3 For a long time Israel was without the true God, without a priest to teach and without the law. 4 But in their distress they turned to the LORD, the God of Israel, and sought him, and he was found by them. (Israel was worshiping idols then.)

The true God vs idols.

Jeremiah
                      10 But the LORD is the true God;
                      he is the living God, the eternal King.
                      When he is angry, the earth trembles;
                      the nations cannot endure his wrath.
                      11 "Tell them this: 'These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.' "

The true God vs idols.

1 Thessalonians 1:9
                      9for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,

The true God vs idols

1 John 5:20-21
                      20We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
                      21Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

True God vs idols

John 17:3

John 17:3 (New International Version)
                      3Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

True God vs false gods/idols

Jesus is saying there is only one God/Creator -- YHWH.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Same Hakeem;733124]I do understand what the Trinity teaches ..

If you understand the Trinity, then teach it to me.

Comment

• You really UNDERSTAND NOTHING, hakeem.

The Lord Jesus Christ ALREADY declared - over 2,000 years ago, that GOD IS SPIRIT. & you hakeem are proven wrong for shamelessly misrepresenting the Gospel, again - as usual!

In John 4:24, Jesus Christ said -

"GOD IS SPIRIT, and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and truth.”

So, the HOLY SPIRIT IS CLEARLY GOD and DIVINE according to Jesus' authority, over 600 years before Islam was invented.

And, Jesus Christ, as the creative, eternal Logos Word of God Himself, shared in God's glory from BEFORE the world began..:

Now Father, glorify ME in Your presence with the GLORY I HAD WITH YOU BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN.

The Lord Jesus ALSO BREATHED THE HOLY SPIRIT ON TO His followers, and so He imparted God's Spirit to them, since He has the absolute authority to do so:

Ignoring my rebuttal to your nonsense here :

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post731986

And parroting something as disproved as what you continue to spew thoughtlessly above, by ignoring the WHOLE of the Bible, NEVER makes what you say any truer, hakeem.

But it only shows your stupidity and manifest abysmal pea-brained parrot's thinking - and the absence of ANY logical thinking.

Keep doing it! It will only prove to the whole world here how blinded and thoughtlessly misled unitarian muslims like you are!

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post

Comment

• WHAT CONTRADICTION is there between John 4:24 and John 17:3, ya hakeem ??

Show me some sense and logical thinking for a rare change, yah ?

IF you can..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Zebiri View Post
                              You really UNDERSTAND NOTHING, hakeem.

The Lord Jesus Christ ALREADY declared - over 2,000 years ago, that GOD IS SPIRIT. & you hakeem are proven wrong for shamelessly misrepresenting the Gospel, again - as usual!

In John 4:24, Jesus Christ said -

"GOD IS SPIRIT, and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and truth.”

The Lord Jesus ALSO BREATHED THE HOLY SPIRIT ON TO His followers, and so He imparted God's Spirit to them, since He has the absolute authority to do so:

Ignoring my rebuttal to your nonsense here :

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post731986

And parroting something as disproved as what you continue to spew thoughtlessly above, by ignoring the WHOLE of the Bible, NEVER makes what you say any truer, hakeem.

But it only shows your stupidity and manifest abysmal pea-brained parrot's thinking - and the absence of ANY logical thinking.

Keep doing it! It will only prove to the whole world here how blinded and thoughtlessly misled unitarian muslims like you are!
                              Claiming "the HOLY SPIRIT IS CLEARLY GOD and DIVINE according to Jesus' authority" is not true because according to your reasoning, the angels that are spirits in Hebrews 1:7 & 14, are GODS.

The Bible in 1 John 2:30 says "God knows everything" whereas Jesus limited the knowledge of his second coming to "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36 therefore excluding the Holy Spirit.
                              Last edited by Same Hakeem; 05-01-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Claiming "the HOLY SPIRIT IS CLEARLY GOD and DIVINE according to Jesus' authority" is not true because according to your reasoning, the angels that are spirits in Hebrews 1:7 & 14, are GODS.

The Bible in 1 John 2:30 says "God knows everything" whereas Jesus limited the knowledge of his second coming to "ONLY THE FATHER" in Matthew 24:36 therefore excluding the Holy Spirit.
                                Why do you keep repeating yourself when your posts have been already answered? If you can't remember, then start taking notes.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X