Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Did Jesus preach or proclaim the doctrine of the Trinity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan Zebiri View Post
    Repetition of previous senseless "answers" makes you even MORE illogical and nonsensical, hakeem.

It does make you sound like a parrot with no intelligence and increases your comical performance which has some amusing value. LOL!!

I am quoting the Bible specifically the words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 24:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post

I am quoting the Bible specifically the words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 24:36.
      Even though you will make a determined effort to ignore it...

Source: If Jesus is God, why did He not know when He would return?

Speaking of His second coming, Jesus said, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father” (Matthew 24:36; cf. Mark 13:32). The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (John 1:1, 14), and we know that God is omniscient. So it seems strange that Jesus would say that He did not know when He would return.

The key to understanding Jesus’ seeming lack of knowledge in this matter lies in the nature of the Incarnation. When the Son of God became a man, He remained fully God, but He also took on a true human nature. Jesus retained all the attributes of divinity, yet, as a man, He voluntarily restricted their use. This was part of the “self-emptying” or self-renunciation spoken of in Philippians 2:6–8. When Christ entered our world, He laid aside the privileges that had been His in heaven. Rather than stay on His throne in heaven, Jesus “made himself nothing” (as the NIV translates Philippians 2:7). When He came to earth, “he gave up his divine privileges” (NLT). He veiled His glory, and He chose to occupy the position of a servant.

There were times when Jesus publicly manifested His divine knowledge and power on earth (John 2:25; 11:43 –44). On those occasions, Jesus’ demonstrations of His divinity were directed by the Father. On other occasions, He had no such directive from the Father, and He kept His glory veiled. On all occasions, Jesus obeyed the Father’s will: “I always do what pleases him,” He said (John 8:29).

So, when Jesus said He did not know when He would return, He was actively humbling Himself and taking the form of a servant (see Philippians 2:7–8). Since no other mortal knows the time of Jesus’ return—that information is the Father’s alone (Matthew 24:36)—Jesus voluntarily restricted His knowledge on that point. It was part of Jesus’ submission to the Father (see John 5:30; 6:38; 8:28–29) and His mission to live a human life.

Some things Jesus apparently chose to “give up the rights” to be privy to during His earthly ministry. The knowledge of when He would return was one of those things. Jesus, now exalted in heaven, surely knows all, including the timing of His second coming.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Whenever you have a question like this one of the best places you can start a search for an answer (assuming that you're legitimately interested in one) is https://www.gotquestions.org/

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Speaking of His second coming, Jesus said, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father” (Matthew 24:36; cf. Mark 13:32). The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (John 1:1, 14), and we know that God is omniscient. So it seems strange that Jesus would say that He did not know when He would return.

The key to understanding Jesus’ seeming lack of knowledge in this matter lies in the nature of the Incarnation. When the Son of God became a man, He remained fully God, but He also took on a true human nature. Jesus retained all the attributes of divinity, yet, as a man, He voluntarily restricted their use. This was part of the “self-emptying” or self-renunciation spoken of in Philippians 2:6–8. When Christ entered our world, He laid aside the privileges that had been His in heaven. Rather than stay on His throne in heaven, Jesus “made himself nothing” (as the NIV translates Philippians 2:7). When He came to earth, “he gave up his divine privileges” (NLT). He veiled His glory, and He chose to occupy the position of a servant.

There were times when Jesus publicly manifested His divine knowledge and power on earth (John 2:25; 11:43 –44). On those occasions, Jesus’ demonstrations of His divinity were directed by the Father. On other occasions, He had no such directive from the Father, and He kept His glory veiled. On all occasions, Jesus obeyed the Father’s will: “I always do what pleases him,” He said (John 8:29).

So, when Jesus said He did not know when He would return, He was actively humbling Himself and taking the form of a servant (see Philippians 2:7–8). Since no other mortal knows the time of Jesus’ return—that information is the Father’s alone (Matthew 24:36)—Jesus voluntarily restricted His knowledge on that point. It was part of Jesus’ submission to the Father (see John 5:30; 6:38; 8:28–29) and His mission to live a human life.

Some things Jesus apparently chose to “give up the rights” to be privy to during His earthly ministry. The knowledge of when He would return was one of those things. Jesus, now exalted in heaven, surely knows all, including the timing of His second coming.

Source

Whenever you have a question like this one of the best places you can start a search for an answer (assuming that you're legitimately interested in one) is https://www.gotquestions.org/

Thanks. I found this link https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-know-return.html

However, my take on Matthew 24:36 is if the Holy Spirit is God, Jesus would not have limited the knowledge of his return to the FATHER ONLY in Matthew 24:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Zebiri View Post
          Repetition of previous senseless "answers" makes you even MORE illogical and nonsensical, hakeem.

It does make you sound like a parrot with no intelligence and increases your comical performance which has some amusing value. LOL!!

Hence, his first name.
          When I Survey....

Comment

• Indeed, one does wonder if this guy is truly sincerely interested in learning the truth?

He seems much more concerned with attacking and destroying the Christian faith and the Gospel.

good luck to him...Lol!

Originally posted by Faber View Post

Hence, his first name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post

Thanks. I found this link https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-know-return.html

However, my take on Matthew 24:36 is if the Holy Spirit is God, Jesus would not have limited the knowledge of his return to the FATHER ONLY in Matthew 24:36.
              You need to read slower and think harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

You need to read slower and think harder.
                FIFY n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Did Jesus preach or proclaim the doctrine of the Trinity?

If yes, tell me where citing verses.

Thanks.
                  I am not sure. Is this a pro-Trinitarian verse?

John 17:5 NASB20 - "And now You, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world existed.

Comment

Do you have Dr. John Ashton's book? Have you read it?

I asked for a direct quote from the book in context including the page number. Why can't you answer this simple question?
                    I may look into his book?, but the perspective of Dr. John Ashton is extreme fundamentalist Conservative literal scripture and the rejection of evolution.

Not an unbiased source.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Source

If he only veiled his glory, he would still have had it. John 17:5 says otherwise. And there is a problem answering how the Father alone rather than the Father and Holy Spirit knew.
                      Last edited by tabibito; 11-03-2023, 11:52 AM.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X