Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Did Jesus preach or proclaim the doctrine of the Trinity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    I will refer to Christian commentaries on biblehub.com

Meanwhile, how can God be one when there two gods if "God" Jesus sits at the right hand of God? Please explain.
    A human is made in the image and likeness of God. The human is analagous to God - that's what "image and likeness" says. Humans are triune - body, soul, and spirit. (or, as one of the early Church Fathers described it; body, mind, and spirit.) God is also triune - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (not 1 + 1 + 1, but 1 x 1 x 1).
    There are many differences between the trinity that is God and the trinity that is human, but the how of the basic concept of three different persons that can comprise one entity is adequately demonstrated by the analogy.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Colossians 3:1 says "the Messiah is seated at the right hand of God"

According to Colossians 3:1, Jesus is at the right hand of God. Jesus cannot be God and be with God.
      Wrong.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

Your inability to comprehend something doesn't make it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Wrong.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

I'll keep that one in mind for future discussions of this nature - it is certainly more direct than my usual explanations.
        We could add to that, and note that God shed his own blood to secure for himself the church (Acts 20:28)
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
          A human is made in the image and likeness of God. The human is analagous to God - that's what "image and likeness" says. Humans are triune - body, soul, and spirit. (or, as one of the early Church Fathers described it; body, mind, and spirit.) God is also triune - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (not 1 + 1 + 1, but 1 x 1 x 1).
          There are many differences between the trinity that is God and the trinity that is human, but the how of the basic concept of three different persons that can comprise one entity is adequately demonstrated by the analogy.
          There is no explicit verse in the Bible that says these three are one. 1 John 5:7 in KJV is found to be an insertion.

Comment

Wrong.

We all agree that God is one and as per Isaiah 44:5-8. However, there must be more than one god when the word is God and is with God.

Comment

We all agree that God is one and as per Isaiah 44:5-8. However, there must be more than one god when the word is God and is with God.
              No, that's your bringing your own assumptions to the table.

Comment

There is no explicit verse in the Bible that says these three are one. 1 John 5:7 in KJV is found to be an insertion.
                The declarations are - in scattered texts - God is one. Jesus is Logos. Logos is God. The Holy Spirit is God. The Father is God.

And in the Old Testament: Unto us a child is born and his name is Eternal Father, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Wonderful Counsellor. Right there the trinity is nominated: Only the Father is termed Eternal Father. Only Christ is termed the Prince of Peace. Only the Holy Spirit is termed Counsellor. Only God is termed Mighty God. The name of the child to be born is God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

You would be well served by taking some of your time spent looking for material to unquestioningly regurgitate and using it to do a little research.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, that's your bringing your own assumptions to the table.
                    referring to Isaiah 44:5-8 above is not assumption. Also, saying there must be more than one God if Jesus is God and sits at the right hand of God is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                      The declarations are - in scattered texts - God is one. Jesus is Logos. Logos is God. The Holy Spirit is God. The Father is God.

And in the Old Testament: Unto us a child is born and his name is Eternal Father, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Wonderful Counsellor. Right there the trinity is nominated: Only the Father is termed Eternal Father. Only Christ is termed the Prince of Peace. Only the Holy Spirit is termed Counsellor. Only God is termed Mighty God. The name of the child to be born is God.
                      Eternal Father, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Wonderful Counsellor are name for this child in Isaiah 9:6.

I am sincerely seeking a verse that explicitly makes these three one. To make it worse, nothing stops Jesus disciples from being in the Godhead because Jesus prayed to the Father in John 17:21 "may they be one in us"
                      Last edited by Same Hakeem; 06-02-2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

referring to Isaiah 44:5-8 above is not assumption. Also, saying there must be more than one God if Jesus is God and sits at the right hand of God is a fact.
                        You assumed your interpretation was correct. That is the assumption I speak of.

Comment

You assumed your interpretation was correct. That is the assumption I speak of.
                          It is not assumption. If J is G, and J, who is G, is with G then there must be more than one G.

Comment

You so conveniently forget, or is superbly ignorant about, hakeem, that Jesus Christ is the Logos and the Word of God in Christianity and this is also agreed by the quran.

In the Divine Holy Trinity, the Divine Word of God co-exists eternally with God Himself. To be at the "side of God" or internal to God is never an issue whatsoever for us.

Because God's Word and God Himself, can never be separated. That's clearly why the Lord Jesus Christ Himself declared that He "and the Father (ie.God) ARE ONE." in John 10:30, also in John 14:9-10:

Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know me, Philip?

He who has seen me has seen the Father.

How do you say, 'Show us the Father?' Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works.

So, when He ascended back to be with God the Father, Jesus Christ can be seated at God's "right hand" or He can continue to live in the Father because Jesus is God's living Word, they are inseparable. No problem for us whatsoever.

Comment

Hakeem, I posted this earlier in reply to your post up there. That you conveniently ignored it shows what an inveterate hypocrite you are, ya hakeem.

Jesus Christ is God's living Word in the Gospels and the Quran reiterates that too. Your Quran may be called the word of Allah too or kalamallah but Jesus is also the Kalimatullah or Word of Allah / God that became a human being.

This is the Jesus, Who as the living Word of God is inseparable from Allah Himself. And sits together with God now on the eternal throne. They are inseparable because the Triune God exists. Unlike the quran which is a dead printed book or a pathetic recitation that depends on human voices to sing it..LOL!

Comment

Eternal Father, Mighty God, Prince of Peace, Wonderful Counsellor are name for this child in Isaiah 9:6.

I am sincerely seeking a verse that explicitly makes these three one. To make it worse, nothing stops Jesus disciples from being in the Godhead because Jesus prayed to the Father in John 17:21 "may they be one in us"
                                That verse does require consideration, but not in the way you think. The Bible provides some difficulties for some points of Trinitarian doctrine (in its standard iteration), but the core - that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; that they are different persons, and that there is only one God - is solidly based in scripture.

The closest thing we have to a single sentence declaring the Trinity is in Isaiah. The name identifies the person - Isaiah identifies that child as the Trinity: in short you're basing your objection on a semantic quibble - it is making an argument not about issues but about words.

Demanding a single sentence is not legitimate. In the New Testament, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are each identified as God, and each is shown to have independence of action, will, and thought. The demand for a single sentence stating what has already been more than adequately demonstrated is a demand that an unreasonable requirement be met. The demand does not reflect any genuine attempt to resolve difficulties - those have already been resolved.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X