Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discuss the JFK murder

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So truthseeker, I guess that means you were Augustine on the previous tweb?
    Amen.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Didn't Sparko or Rogue or both embarrass Augustine2004 for "derailing" a thread? Ol' A got into an argument, if I recall correctly, and the S-R Team leaped into action! It started a new thread and moved the argument posts there.

And now we find S, R, and others threatening to derail this thread. Alas, what is available to start a new thread and move the offending (off-topic for one thing) posts there? :Sparko in superman outfit: :Rogue in superman outfit aligned to appear to be on a collision course with Sparko:

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, auggie, I just made one short comment - hardly derailing a thread. It must really bother you that people know you were auggie since you keep going on about it.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Regarding possible conspiracies, to this day I have serious doubts that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I certainly have doubts that he was motivated to do that by himself. Iím not sure if anybody else was involved. I donít go down that road, with respect to the grassy knoll theory and all of that, but I have serious questions about whether they got to the bottom of Lee Harvey Oswald. I think he was inspired somewhere by something, but I canít pin anything down on that. Iíve never spent a lot of time on it. But I think, after a certain period of time, and that period of time may well have passed, it is totally appropriate for a country like the United States to open up the files on whatever history can be shed light on. I think that is appropriate. It has to be done in the right way, by the right entities or people, but certainly by a valid historian or for some valid analysis; I think that everybody would benefit"
    -- Our Secretary of State John Kerry.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoetker View Post
    President John F. Kennedy was killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, a known Communist sympathizer.
    I saw a documentary over Xmas which laid out the theory that JFK was actually killed by one of his own bodyguards, who accidentally shot JFK in the back of his head during the panic caused by LHO's attack. They covered a lot of evidence - circumstantial, eye-witness and forensic, explained a lot of factors which were problematic for other theories, and didn't leave any gaping logical or evidential holes.

Roy
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    I saw a documentary over Xmas which laid out the theory that JFK was actually killed by one of his own bodyguards, who accidentally shot JFK in the back of his head during the panic caused by LHO's attack. They covered a lot of evidence - circumstantial, eye-witness and forensic, explained a lot of factors which were problematic for other theories, and didn't leave any gaping logical or evidential holes. Roy
    Problematic for theories that JFK was hit three or more times, twice from the FRONT, opposite LHO's lair? And did the documentary say there was no attempt to cover up the involvement of parts of the government, including the Secret Service? Why did Clint Hill, the guy that ran to JFK's car to save Jackie, not mention the accidental discharge theory in his book? Either you say cover up or things didn't happen like the documentary say, I guess.

Banned
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    I saw a documentary over Xmas which laid out the theory that JFK was actually killed by one of his own bodyguards, who accidentally shot JFK in the back of his head during the panic caused by LHO's attack. They covered a lot of evidence - circumstantial, eye-witness and forensic, explained a lot of factors which were problematic for other theories, and didn't leave any gaping logical or evidential holes.

Roy
    Incompetence is always an aggravating factor in these situations, though that level of trigger indiscipline is legendary if true. (Did JFK not hire actual war vets for the Secret service who could tell the difference between a pistol and a rifle shot through long experience? Our special forces doctor knew the sound of rockets launching well enough to say mid-conversation "That sounded like a Katyusha rocket launch, we should probably go for cover in the next 20 seconds or so.") Then again, lots of semi-imperial presidents want connections over competence in their bodyguards, even when not warranted by the likely threats.

It could be both, but then again...

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Having looked at the evidence I have come across (and it's far from exhaustive), it looks like Oswald was FAR from the only shooter and I doubt he took a shot. But what do I know?