Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Discuss the JFK murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    I saw a documentary over Xmas which laid out the theory that JFK was actually killed by one of his own bodyguards, who accidentally shot JFK in the back of his head during the panic caused by LHO's attack. They covered a lot of evidence - circumstantial, eye-witness and forensic, explained a lot of factors which were problematic for other theories, and didn't leave any gaping logical or evidential holes. Roy
    Problematic for theories that JFK was hit three or more times, twice from the FRONT, opposite LHO's lair? And did the documentary say there was no attempt to cover up the involvement of parts of the government, including the Secret Service? Why did Clint Hill, the guy that ran to JFK's car to save Jackie, not mention the accidental discharge theory in his book? Either you say cover up or things didn't happen like the documentary say, I guess.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      I saw a documentary over Xmas which laid out the theory that JFK was actually killed by one of his own bodyguards, who accidentally shot JFK in the back of his head during the panic caused by LHO's attack. They covered a lot of evidence - circumstantial, eye-witness and forensic, explained a lot of factors which were problematic for other theories, and didn't leave any gaping logical or evidential holes.

Roy
      Incompetence is always an aggravating factor in these situations, though that level of trigger indiscipline is legendary if true. (Did JFK not hire actual war vets for the Secret service who could tell the difference between a pistol and a rifle shot through long experience? Our special forces doctor knew the sound of rockets launching well enough to say mid-conversation "That sounded like a Katyusha rocket launch, we should probably go for cover in the next 20 seconds or so.") Then again, lots of semi-imperial presidents want connections over competence in their bodyguards, even when not warranted by the likely threats.

It could be both, but then again...

Comment

Having looked at the evidence I have come across (and it's far from exhaustive), it looks like Oswald was FAR from the only shooter and I doubt he took a shot. But what do I know?

Comment