Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shutdown Over Border Security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    And you don't see a problem with that...?
    What gives you reason to ask?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And you don't see a problem with that...?
      I do. I was just pointing out why the democrats aren't going to win in a game of chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        What gives you reason to ask?
        The statement... which introduces the possibility...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I do. I was just pointing out why the democrats aren't going to win in a game of chicken.
          It will be interesting to see how this ultimately works out. So far - indications are that Trump is losing the PR war. However, as I have previously noted, he is a media savant. So...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this ultimately works out. So far - indications are that Trump is losing the PR war. However, as I have previously noted, he is a media savant. So...
            If he can find a way to give in, and still look like a hero, then he may do so. Otherwise the democrats should be prepared to give him what he wants.

Comment

If he can find a way to give in, and still look like a hero, then he may do so. Otherwise the democrats should be prepared to give him what he wants.
              Because...? (not to mention - I doubt anyone knows what he really wants.)

Comment

I'm not sure Pelosi could get away with doing that without a revolt within her own party. Neither side has much incentive to cave.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Because...? (not to mention - I doubt anyone knows what he really wants.)
                  He wants $5.7 B for a wall. It's a glaringly obvious sticking point.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    He wants $5.7 B for a wall. It's a glaringly obvious sticking point.
                    We know about the $ figure, OBP. We just don't really know what it is going to be spent on. A wall where? What kind? Supplemented by what? What are both the long-term and short-term costs associated with it. What is the long-term and short-term plan. Until there is some additional information on which a decision ("yes - we'll fund that" or "no - we won't fund that") can be based - I am in favor of the Democrats standing their ground. I'm not in favor of buying a pig in a poke. Right now - it appears that the majority of Americans have that POV. I realize a majority of Republicans do not.

Comment

We know about the $ figure, OBP. We just don't really know what it is going to be spent on. A wall where? What kind? Supplemented by what? What are both the long-term and short-term costs associated with it. What is the long-term and short-term plan. Until there is some additional information on which a decision ("yes - we'll fund that" or "no - we won't fund that") can be based - I am in favor of the Democrats standing their ground. I'm not in favor of buying a pig in a poke. Right now - it appears that the majority of Americans have that POV. I realize a majority of Republicans do not.
                      Your usual obfuscation of the issues is duly noted.

sigpic

Comment

Since when has this sort of things ever worried liberals, the party of "But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Dang... things got real...

Trump's letter to Pelosi today...

letter.jpg
                          https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rea...ghanistan-trip

Burn...

Comment

• "Chuck! Chuck! He suggested that I fly... I fly... *sob* coach! He's such a monster!"
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Since when has this sort of things ever worried liberals, the party of "But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it"?
                              An odd characterization - given the behavior of the Congressional Republican delegations in the last two years.

From my perspective - in this era of polarization - both parties are guilty of this behavior.

But I don't make my decisions on the basis of what one party or another says or does. So long as Trump doesn't provide me with a business case for his demand - my vote is "no." (not that anyone is counting my hand - mind you).

Comment

Dang... things got real...

Trump's letter to Pelosi today...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34507[/ATTACH]
                                https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rea...ghanistan-trip

Burn...
                                Maybe she'll decide on another vacation at a $5000/night luxury resort in Hawaii instead and take a cue from her Democrat colleagues partying in Puerto Rico by taking a bunch of lobbyists along so they can pay for a chartered flight.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment