Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shutdown Over Border Security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    It’s a start.
    It's not enough to do hardly anything with and provides no margin of error.

A “wall system in strategic locations”, in agreement with what Border Patrol wants, is what she supports.
    But not enough money to actually accomplish it. That's what I have been saying. Dems give lip service to border security.

In “the NBPC’s survey, of more than 600 agents in two of the Border Patrol’s busiest sectors, found … 89 percent of line agents say a “wall system in strategic locations is necessary to securing the border.” Just 7 percent disagreed.

But that language doesn’t distinguish between existing sections of wall and the wisdom of what Trump wants to build going forward. Most members of the Democratic caucus in Congress believe that a “wall system in strategic locations” is necessary.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...p-nbpc/580237/

This is what Pelosi is advocating.
    In word, maybe, but the old expression "put your money where your mouth is" seems to be lost on her and Chuckles.

Do you deny that Trump was about to vote for the bill before Coulter and Rush Limbaugh threatened Trump with the loss of core-base support?
    I declared that it had nothing to do with talk radio and everything to do with the Freedom Caucus. They made the pitch that it wasn't enough.

it is not a Trump shutdown or Pelosi shutdown. It is a Rush Limbaugh shutdown, an Ann Coulter shutdown.
    Sorry, no. It's the crypt keeper Nancy Pelosi and Chuckles' shutdown.

Right-wing minority rule is now holding the country to ransom. And you are supporting it.
    Last I saw, 2/3 of the decision making entities are controlled by the Republican party, so no. Left wing minority rules are using a few hundred thousand government workers as political fodder. More and more lawmakers are coming to realize it and break with Nancy and Chuckles

Trump doesn’t care…he is only concerned, as always, in pandering to his base.
    And the crypt keeper Nancy isn't??? There's only TWO reasons this shutdown is happening. 1) Trump wants something, so Nancy obstructs it. and 2) More illegals = more DACA = more votes for the leftist pimps.

You’re confusing the principled Pelosi with the sexist, racist, lying disgusting piece of “human garbage” you voted for, namely Trump.
    No. I assure you I am not confusing them. Nancy is a pimp forcing illegal children to depend on her for citizenship just like a prostitute depends on their drug pushing pimp who got them strung out. And YOU keep voting for the pimps. You should be ashamed of yourself, if you even had a passing knowledge of what shame and self-reflection were...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      A lot of people "missed". That's why we saw so many glum faces on election night.
      And Carp seems to be saying that it wasn't the polls' fault, it was everyone else's fault for reading them and citing them as reported.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Right now it seems Trump can choose between lowering his approval rating further or giving in. In the last case it as also going to lower his approval rating. Trump is yet to realize that this is not a simple chicken game. If he ever understands it, it is probably going to be too late.
        As Democrat resistance starts cracking it doesn't look like he'll have to hold out much longer and by 2020 the disapproval will all be but forgotten (except among those who will never vote for him any way). But if he caves it'll be his "read my lips, no new taxes" fiasco and he'll definitely be a one term president.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          And Carp seems to be saying that it wasn't the polls' fault, it was everyone else's fault for reading them and citing them as reported.
          Pretty much.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• afb011619dAPR20190116034517.jpg
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              But if he caves it'll be his "read my lips, no new taxes" fiasco and he'll definitely be a one term president.
              I am not too certain that he will make it as far as one full term.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                I am not too certain that he will make it as far as one full term.
                It would take something truly epic to get him kicked out at this point. I don't see him resigning.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Some people are just on the wrong side of history, like the Imperial Japanese Navy at Pearl Harbour. People like the unfortunate Addison Mitchell McConnell Jr.
                  He must now attempt to save his blackened soul by going around Trump to end the shutdown.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]34474[/ATTACH]
                    00000000000000a.jpg
                    Of course they aren't alone. Something like three times as many lobbyists accompanied them.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Some people are just on the wrong side of history, like the Imperial Japanese Navy at Pearl Harbour...
                      People like the addlebrained FirstFloor...
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No - Carp is saying "the vast majority weren't wrong." Many folks here do not seem to know the difference between a poll and a probability statement based on those polls. I think a lot of people here need a basic class in probability and statistics. They don't seem to understand the difference. And I'm frankly tired of attempting to explain it to folks who clearly just don't want to know. If the data and the facts don't convince...then rational discussion is somewhat pointless.

Last word to ya'll. I'm moving on...(from the polling discussion)...
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          As Democrat resistance starts cracking it doesn't look like he'll have to hold out much longer and by 2020 the disapproval will all be but forgotten (except among those who will never vote for him any way). But if he caves it'll be his "read my lips, no new taxes" fiasco and he'll definitely be a one term president.
                          You think the treasonous crook will actually get through his first term?

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            It would take something truly epic to get him kicked out at this point. I don't see him resigning.
                            Like Nixon, he'll resign if he understands he will otherwise be impeached. He'll most likely be indicted, or actually there is a pretty good chance that he's been secretly indicted already, though it won't be acted on until he is out of office.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              Some people are just on the wrong side of history, like the Imperial Japanese Navy at Pearl Harbour. People like the unfortunate Addison Mitchell McConnell Jr.
                              He must now attempt to save his blackened soul by going around Trump to end the shutdown.
                              Mitch is nowhere to be found, he's in hiding. This could cost him his Senate seat next time around. Let's hope so!

Comment

People like the addlebrained FirstFloor...
                                Nope, people like you Bill, just like in the Joseph McCarthy era and the Nixon era.

Comment