Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Justice Ginsburg: Cancer Surgery This Morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    That was my first thought as well. Haven't heard whether that was true or not, but thank the god I don't believe in if it is.
    It would be far from the first time that something bad was caught while looking for something else. It's even happened to me.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      It would be far from the first time that something bad was caught while looking for something else. It's even happened to me.
      It's how they found my wife's breast cancer. She had tripped over a bad concrete patch job at her work, and bruised her shoulder. During that doctor visit, they discovered her cancer.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I read about a woman involved in a bad car accident who had to go through a head CAT. She found she had a brain tumor which she had no symptoms from. It was early enough that she could get it taken care of. Scary just thinking about it..
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          I read about a woman involved in a bad car accident who had to go through a head CAT. She found she had a brain tumor which she had no symptoms from. It was early enough that she could get it taken care of. Scary just thinking about it..
          I needed a head CAT as well, and when I asked the Dr. what the problem was, he said, "I don't see anything up there."

Comment

I needed a head CAT as well, and when I asked the Dr. what the problem was, he said, "I don't see anything up there."
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Comment

An old Homer and Jethro routine --- they operated on her for water on the brain and couldn't find either.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ginsburg misses Supreme Court arguments for the 1st time

WASHINGTON (AP) — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month, the Supreme Court said.

Ginsburg was not on the bench as the court met Monday to hear arguments. It was not clear when she would return to the court, which will hear more cases on Tuesday and Wednesday, and again next week.

Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said the 85-year-old justice is continuing to recuperate and work from home after doctors removed two cancerous growths from her left lung on Dec. 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Ginsburg misses Supreme Court arguments for the 1st time

WASHINGTON (AP) — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month, the Supreme Court said.

Ginsburg was not on the bench as the court met Monday to hear arguments. It was not clear when she would return to the court, which will hear more cases on Tuesday and Wednesday, and again next week.

Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said the 85-year-old justice is continuing to recuperate and work from home after doctors removed two cancerous growths from her left lung on Dec. 21.
                    So if she doesn't hear a case does she get to vote? In any case this doesn't look good for her...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      So if she doesn't hear a case does she get to vote? In any case this doesn't look good for her...
                      Apparently, she can...

Chief Justice John Roberts said in the courtroom Monday that Ginsburg would participate in deciding the argued cases “on the basis of the briefs and transcripts of oral arguments.”

And, of course, what her liberal buddies tell her.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Apparently, she can...

Chief Justice John Roberts said in the courtroom Monday that Ginsburg would participate in deciding the argued cases “on the basis of the briefs and transcripts of oral arguments.”

And, of course, what her liberal buddies tell her.
                        Wow... that seems rather sketchy. I would think that actually sitting in the courtroom to hear the arguments in person would be a perquisite for a judge to make a ruling. Unless this is just a subtle admission that Ginsberg has already decided how she will rule before even hearing the case.

But, yeah, the fact that she can't even be rolled in on a wheelchair to sit for a hearing this long after her surgery suggests that she's in bad shape.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

There are a LOT of cases that were argued in late 2018 that are pending decisions by the Court. Check oyez.com for the list of cases. Justice Ginsburg can probably use a link to submit her vote...

Comment

...while we pray for her health.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Wow... that seems rather sketchy. I would think that actually sitting in the courtroom to hear the arguments in person would be a perquisite for a judge to make a ruling. Unless this is just a subtle admission that Ginsberg has already decided how she will rule before even hearing the case.
                              Is there really that functional a difference between seeing the argument "live" compared to listening to the audio? The audio is fully available after the hearing.

I suppose not being there does mean you can't ask questions, but that's less of an issue in a multi-judge panel where there are others to do so. Clarence Thomas is averaging about once question per decade.

It'd be a problem if she misses the private conferences the court has where they discuss the cases (which occur several days after the arguments) and cast their votes, though. That's something you have to be there for. Though I guess she could join via conference call if necessary...
                              Last edited by Terraceth; 01-07-2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                                ...while we pray for her health.
                                And her retirement, so she can rest...
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment