Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christian Baker In Trouble Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    and rogue fixed your "misgendering" of me already
    Sorry, I forgot you already transitioned...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Sorry, I forgot you already transitioned...
      roguetech has the perfect item for RTT to help you with your confusion:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        roguetech has the perfect item for RTT to help you with your confusion:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]34128[/ATTACH]

It was other kids...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

It was other kids...

That's the great thing about the roguetech Overkill 2200. It'll simultaneously take care of both you and these [*cough*] "other kids" [*cough*]. And clean up is easy. All ya need is a Dust Buster.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

That's the great thing about the roguetech Overkill 2200. It'll simultaneously take care of both you and these [*cough*] "other kids" [*cough*]. And clean up is easy. All ya need is a Dust Buster.
            No fair!

Comment

No fair!

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                The biblical model is not just for Christians. It was established long before the Law of Moses, and Jesus confirmed it.
                That's because you, as a christian, believe the Genesis story to be history. You believe that the marriage command is meant for all of humanity, but those of us who are not believers don't care what you think, that's your own business, not ours. In other words believe what you want, but don't try to force your beliefs onto the rest of us.
                Edited to finish my thought: and, like the faith of Abraham being the basis of his righteousness, not the Law, this makes the institution of marriage a universal principle.
                So, A fictional characters faith makes the institution of marriage a universal principle? I know, I know, you don't believe Abraham is ficticious, but that's not my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
                  In other words believe what you want, but don't try to force your beliefs onto the rest of us.
                  Go thou and do likewise.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    Go thou and do likewise.
                    We non-believers aren't trying to force anything on you believers, other than that you practice and keep your religious rules to yourselves. In other words, you don't believe in gay marriage, fine, don't marry someone of the same sex. But don't force your rules and beliefs on others. Very simple. And btw, that means that if you choose to serve the public, you can't discriminate.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      We non-believers aren't trying to force anything on you believers
                      If only that were true.
                      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

In other words believe what you want, but don't try to force your beliefs onto the rest of us.
                        That is exactly what we are telling your ilk to do stop forcing your beliefs on the rest of us. the baker was making a personal choice for himself not the world it is the LGBT community who is forcing their beliefs on other people and the world. this is the fundamental misunderstanding about this case you have.

Tell me JimL do you accept that "Your rights end where my rights begin" or do you think there is a hierarchy of rights?
                        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 12-30-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

We non-believers aren't trying to force anything on you believers, other than that you practice and keep your religious rules to yourselves. In other words, you don't believe in gay marriage, fine, don't marry someone of the same sex. But don't force your rules and beliefs on others. Very simple. And btw, that means that if you choose to serve the public, you can't discriminate.
                          Bull JimL that is exactly what we have been are talking about here people with your belief forcing it on those who do not hold it. Not participating with you in celebration of what I think is sin IS not infringing on your right to celebrate it based on your belief that it is not wrong; you forcing me to participate in anyway is infringing on my right to refuse to based on my belief it is wrong. That is what Colorado, the gay couple and Trans person were doing forcing their belief on the Baker. which you are ok with which mean you have no trouble forcing your beliefs on others.

Again JimL do you accept that your rights end where mine begin, or do you have a ranking of rights where some are more valid then others.
                          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 12-30-2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Bull JimL that is exactly what we have been are talking about here people with your belief forcing it on those who do not hold it. Not participating with you in celebration of what I think is sin IS not infringing on your right to celebrate it based on your belief that it is not wrong; you forcing me to participate in anyway is infringing on my right to refuse to based on my belief it is wrong. That is what Colorado, the gay couple and Trans person were doing forcing their belief on the Baker. which you are ok with which mean you have no trouble forcing your beliefs on others.

Again JimL do you accept that your rights end where mine begin, or do you have a ranking of rights where some are more valid then others.
                            Baking a cake according to the specifications of the bakers customer is not forcing the baker to participate in their celebration. That's just silly. If he can't deal with people that don't think like himself then he should either become a christian only bakery, or get out of the business.

Comment

Baking a cake according to the specifications of the bakers customer is not forcing the baker to participate in their celebration. That's just silly. If he can't deal with people that don't think like himself then he should either become a christian only bakery, or get out of the business.
                              JimL again. Do you accept that "your rights end where mine begin", or do you think that there is a hierarchy of rights? Answer my question. I will not discuss any further the question of who is forcing their belief on whom until my question is answered. and JimL this goes goes to the crux of this discussion and why your contention that Christians are trying to force their beliefs on you is wrong. also it is why what you just posted is pure an simply hypocritical bigotry.
                              Last edited by RumTumTugger; 12-31-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

JimL again. Do you accept that "your rights end where mine begin", or do you think that there is a hierarchy of rights? Answer my question. I will not discuss any further the question of who is forcing their belief on whom until my question is answered. and JimL this goes goes to the crux of this discussion and why your contention that Christians are trying to force their beliefs on you is wrong. also it is why what you just posted is pure an simply hypocritical bigotry.
                                Yes, but under the law, a business, a place of public accomodation, doesn't have a right to discriminate against people, and in Colorado that law includes sexual orientation. The 1st amendment says that Congress shall pass no law...prohibiting the free exercise of religion, but it's execise can be hindered, or obstructed, if said actions infringe on the rights of others. In other words "your right to act on your beliefs, ends where my rights under the law begins."

Comment