Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

UNPLANNED - The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It was signed into law today.
    "Abortion stops a beating heart"
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It was signed into law today.
      00000000000000aab.jpg

They're trying to start a boycott of film-making here but so far only a couple of small independent studios have agreed to join it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37054[/ATTACH]

They're trying to start a boycott of film-making here but so far only a couple of small independent studios have agreed to join it.
        It is showing locally. There was attempt to stage a protest, but only 3 people showed up to protest, and they.... um... were a really bad caricature of the loony left. I'll see if I can find pictures.

(or maybe a good caricature of the really bad loony left?)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Looks like Canuckistanis won't likely be able to see Unplanned since the major film distributors in that country have made it clear that they won't carry it apparently because of its pro-life content. According to Chuck Konzelman, the writer and producer of Unplanned, Canuckistani law requires films to be distributed in order to be shown locally and that "films cannot be granted an official rating if there’s no distributor attached either. Thus Unplanned will not be playing in Canada."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Looks like Canuckistanis won't likely be able to see Unplanned since the major film distributors in that country have made it clear that they won't carry it apparently because of its pro-life content. According to Chuck Konzelman, the writer and producer of Unplanned, Canuckistani law requires films to be distributed in order to be shown locally and that "films cannot be granted an official rating if there’s no distributor attached either. Thus Unplanned will not be playing in Canada."
            So much for free speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              So much for free speech.
              Does Canada have official free speech?
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Does Canada have official free speech?
                They have a "reasonable exception" clause that allows them to pass laws "that limit free expression so long as the limits are reasonable and can be justified in a free and democratic society".

So, no, not really.

Comment

They have a "reasonable exception" clause that allows them to pass laws "that limit free expression so long as the limits are reasonable and can be justified in a free and democratic society".

So, no, not really.
                  If Canada is signatory to the UN declaration of human rights, the right would technically exist. Though 'tis true that UN declaration does seem to have no more value than the paper it's written on (and the copy I have is a PDF)
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                  Scripture before Tradition:
                  but that won't prevent others from
                  taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                  of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                    If Canada is signatory to the UN declaration of human rights, the right would technically exist. Though 'tis true that UN declaration does seem to have no more value than the paper it's written on (and the copy I have is a PDF)
                    IIRC they added exceptions that make it useless.

Comment

Canada sucks under Trudeau. None of this crap was in place when Stephen Harper was PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Here is a link to Canada's own government website addressing the "reasonable limits" to which I referred.

Comment

So much for free speech.
                          This seems to be less the government and more the fact none of the distributors want to touch it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                            This seems to be less the government and more the fact none of the distributors want to touch it, though.
                            Meh.... if you look at what Rogue actually said....

It seems a joint effort -- Canada's law requires distribution in order for the film to be shown (a limitation) and the major distributors have to be aware of that. Like I said, so much for free speech.

Comment

Meh.... if you look at what Rogue actually said....

It seems a joint effort -- Canada's law requires distribution in order for the film to be shown (a limitation) and the major distributors have to be aware of that. Like I said, so much for free speech.
                              Christian supplies shops can't sell DVDs?
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Christian supplies shops can't sell DVDs?
                                That would obviously be different than showing in theaters, yes?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X