Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: UNPLANNED - The Movie

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    If Canada is signatory to the UN declaration of human rights, the right would technically exist. Though 'tis true that UN declaration does seem to have no more value than the paper it's written on (and the copy I have is a PDF)
    Here is a link to Canada's own government website addressing the "reasonable limits" to which I referred.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So much for free speech.
    This seems to be less the government and more the fact none of the distributors want to touch it, though.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    This seems to be less the government and more the fact none of the distributors want to touch it, though.
    Meh.... if you look at what Rogue actually said....

Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Looks like Canuckistanis won't likely be able to see Unplanned since the major film distributors in that country have made it clear that they won't carry it apparently because of its pro-life content. According to Chuck Konzelman, the writer and producer of Unplanned, Canuckistani law requires films to be distributed in order to be shown locally and that "films cannot be granted an official rating if there’s no distributor attached either. Thus Unplanned will not be playing in Canada."

It seems a joint effort -- Canada's law requires distribution in order for the film to be shown (a limitation) and the major distributors have to be aware of that. Like I said, so much for free speech.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Meh.... if you look at what Rogue actually said....

It seems a joint effort -- Canada's law requires distribution in order for the film to be shown (a limitation) and the major distributors have to be aware of that. Like I said, so much for free speech.
    Christian supplies shops can't sell DVDs?
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    Christian supplies shops can't sell DVDs?
    That would obviously be different than showing in theaters, yes?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You still have those things?

Oh - you mean cinemas ... got it.
    1 Cor 15:34 εκνηψατε δικαιως και μη αμαρτανετε αγνωσιαν γαρ θεου τινες εχουσιν προς εντροπην υμιν λεγω

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The CGI was a bit over the tip. The fetus arms scrabbling at the insides of the womb? Eh, not exactly realistic, and emotionalism like that ironically has the opposite effect on me. Didn't see the whole thing, just skimmed parts and pictures, and I read of reviews.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And the latest...

Source: Police Investigate Death Threats to Movie Theater Owners Screening Pro-Life Film ‘Unplanned’

Police have been called in to investigate allegations of death threats made to cinema theater owners in Canada who had scheduled to screen the pro-life movie Unplanned.

B.J. McKelvie, president of Cinedicon, the Canadian distributor of the film that tells the story of Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood manager-turned pro-life activist, confirmed two Canadian independent cinema owners reported threats that caused them to be “fearful for their families,” said LifeSiteNews.

Yet another independent theater owner was reportedly “harassed to the extreme.”

Chuck Konzelman, one of the film’s producer-directors, reportedly said McKelvie requested, for the sake of safety, the film’s producers remove from their website the July 12 listing of 46 Canadian theaters that will be screening the movie.

The death threats are reportedly aimed at the independent theater owners. McKelvie noted “they didn’t get anywhere with Cineplex, or they didn’t get anywhere with Landmark.”

“It’s unfortunate it’s come to that,” he said. “It’s just a movie. The topic is certainly a hot topic. However, it is just a movie. I find it ironic, they talk about choice, pro-choice, pro-choice, pro-choice, but they’re not giving people a choice to go see the movie.”

According to Kelowna Capital News, threats were reportedly made against theater staff via social media in Shuswap, British Columbia, prompting the theater to cancel the film’s screening.

The staff of Salmar Theatres reported the threats and Salmar Community Association board member Chris Papworth confirmed Thursday the board agreed to cancel the film’s scheduled five-day run that would have begun July 12 at the Salmar Classic.

“We have a track record of showing things from a variety of points of view … we try not to preclude things because of whatever personal opinions may exist on our board or something like that,” explained Papworth.

“What’s different here … certainly in the past, there hasn’t been an effort to dox employees or, specifically, the general manager, by releasing their personal information on social media and then encouraging people to go after them as the one responsible for some heinous act,” he added. “We just aren’t prepared for those levels of hostility towards our general manager.”

In Shuswap, the screening of Unplanned had been organized with the support of members of the local Pro-Life Society.

“If they had just come out to picket while the movie is running, I could accept that,” said Hildegard Krieg, Pro-Life Society spokeswoman. “But I cannot accept that they should actually threaten somebody with violence personally and the family. That is absolutely uncalled for. A peaceful picket, OK, we walk through the picket line. But that is going too far.”

Krieg said an alternative plan would be for the Pro-Life Society to have a private showing at the Classic.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

IMHBAO, threats of death and violence from those who don't bat an eye (and even celebrate) the murder of an innocent unborn baby ought to be taken very seriously.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

9. Amen One Bad Pig, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    And the latest...

Source: Police Investigate Death Threats to Movie Theater Owners Screening Pro-Life Film ‘Unplanned’

Police have been called in to investigate allegations of death threats made to cinema theater owners in Canada who had scheduled to screen the pro-life movie Unplanned.

B.J. McKelvie, president of Cinedicon, the Canadian distributor of the film that tells the story of Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood manager-turned pro-life activist, confirmed two Canadian independent cinema owners reported threats that caused them to be “fearful for their families,” said LifeSiteNews.

Yet another independent theater owner was reportedly “harassed to the extreme.”

Chuck Konzelman, one of the film’s producer-directors, reportedly said McKelvie requested, for the sake of safety, the film’s producers remove from their website the July 12 listing of 46 Canadian theaters that will be screening the movie.

The death threats are reportedly aimed at the independent theater owners. McKelvie noted “they didn’t get anywhere with Cineplex, or they didn’t get anywhere with Landmark.”

“It’s unfortunate it’s come to that,” he said. “It’s just a movie. The topic is certainly a hot topic. However, it is just a movie. I find it ironic, they talk about choice, pro-choice, pro-choice, pro-choice, but they’re not giving people a choice to go see the movie.”

According to Kelowna Capital News, threats were reportedly made against theater staff via social media in Shuswap, British Columbia, prompting the theater to cancel the film’s screening.

The staff of Salmar Theatres reported the threats and Salmar Community Association board member Chris Papworth confirmed Thursday the board agreed to cancel the film’s scheduled five-day run that would have begun July 12 at the Salmar Classic.

“We have a track record of showing things from a variety of points of view … we try not to preclude things because of whatever personal opinions may exist on our board or something like that,” explained Papworth.

“What’s different here … certainly in the past, there hasn’t been an effort to dox employees or, specifically, the general manager, by releasing their personal information on social media and then encouraging people to go after them as the one responsible for some heinous act,” he added. “We just aren’t prepared for those levels of hostility towards our general manager.”

In Shuswap, the screening of Unplanned had been organized with the support of members of the local Pro-Life Society.

“If they had just come out to picket while the movie is running, I could accept that,” said Hildegard Krieg, Pro-Life Society spokeswoman. “But I cannot accept that they should actually threaten somebody with violence personally and the family. That is absolutely uncalled for. A peaceful picket, OK, we walk through the picket line. But that is going too far.”

Krieg said an alternative plan would be for the Pro-Life Society to have a private showing at the Classic.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

IMHBAO, threats of death and violence from those who don't bat an eye (and even celebrate) the murder of an innocent unborn baby ought to be taken very seriously.
    I'm in some pro-life groups on facebook, and I've seen many screenshots of some truly heinous, vile things said (threats included) from the pro-choice crowd. Doesn't surprise me in the least.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My country is even sicker than yours.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.