Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

UNPLANNED - The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You still have those things?

Oh - you mean cinemas ... got it.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

The CGI was a bit over the tip. The fetus arms scrabbling at the insides of the womb? Eh, not exactly realistic, and emotionalism like that ironically has the opposite effect on me. Didn't see the whole thing, just skimmed parts and pictures, and I read of reviews.

Comment

And the latest...

Source: Police Investigate Death Threats to Movie Theater Owners Screening Pro-Life Film ‘Unplanned’

Police have been called in to investigate allegations of death threats made to cinema theater owners in Canada who had scheduled to screen the pro-life movie Unplanned.

B.J. McKelvie, president of Cinedicon, the Canadian distributor of the film that tells the story of Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood manager-turned pro-life activist, confirmed two Canadian independent cinema owners reported threats that caused them to be “fearful for their families,” said LifeSiteNews.

Yet another independent theater owner was reportedly “harassed to the extreme.”

Chuck Konzelman, one of the film’s producer-directors, reportedly said McKelvie requested, for the sake of safety, the film’s producers remove from their website the July 12 listing of 46 Canadian theaters that will be screening the movie.

The death threats are reportedly aimed at the independent theater owners. McKelvie noted “they didn’t get anywhere with Cineplex, or they didn’t get anywhere with Landmark.”

“It’s unfortunate it’s come to that,” he said. “It’s just a movie. The topic is certainly a hot topic. However, it is just a movie. I find it ironic, they talk about choice, pro-choice, pro-choice, pro-choice, but they’re not giving people a choice to go see the movie.”

According to Kelowna Capital News, threats were reportedly made against theater staff via social media in Shuswap, British Columbia, prompting the theater to cancel the film’s screening.

The staff of Salmar Theatres reported the threats and Salmar Community Association board member Chris Papworth confirmed Thursday the board agreed to cancel the film’s scheduled five-day run that would have begun July 12 at the Salmar Classic.

“We have a track record of showing things from a variety of points of view … we try not to preclude things because of whatever personal opinions may exist on our board or something like that,” explained Papworth.

“What’s different here … certainly in the past, there hasn’t been an effort to dox employees or, specifically, the general manager, by releasing their personal information on social media and then encouraging people to go after them as the one responsible for some heinous act,” he added. “We just aren’t prepared for those levels of hostility towards our general manager.”

In Shuswap, the screening of Unplanned had been organized with the support of members of the local Pro-Life Society.

“If they had just come out to picket while the movie is running, I could accept that,” said Hildegard Krieg, Pro-Life Society spokeswoman. “But I cannot accept that they should actually threaten somebody with violence personally and the family. That is absolutely uncalled for. A peaceful picket, OK, we walk through the picket line. But that is going too far.”

Krieg said an alternative plan would be for the Pro-Life Society to have a private showing at the Classic.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

IMHBAO, threats of death and violence from those who don't bat an eye (and even celebrate) the murder of an innocent unborn baby ought to be taken very seriously.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          And the latest...

Source: Police Investigate Death Threats to Movie Theater Owners Screening Pro-Life Film ‘Unplanned’

Police have been called in to investigate allegations of death threats made to cinema theater owners in Canada who had scheduled to screen the pro-life movie Unplanned.

B.J. McKelvie, president of Cinedicon, the Canadian distributor of the film that tells the story of Abby Johnson, a former Planned Parenthood manager-turned pro-life activist, confirmed two Canadian independent cinema owners reported threats that caused them to be “fearful for their families,” said LifeSiteNews.

Yet another independent theater owner was reportedly “harassed to the extreme.”

Chuck Konzelman, one of the film’s producer-directors, reportedly said McKelvie requested, for the sake of safety, the film’s producers remove from their website the July 12 listing of 46 Canadian theaters that will be screening the movie.

The death threats are reportedly aimed at the independent theater owners. McKelvie noted “they didn’t get anywhere with Cineplex, or they didn’t get anywhere with Landmark.”

“It’s unfortunate it’s come to that,” he said. “It’s just a movie. The topic is certainly a hot topic. However, it is just a movie. I find it ironic, they talk about choice, pro-choice, pro-choice, pro-choice, but they’re not giving people a choice to go see the movie.”

According to Kelowna Capital News, threats were reportedly made against theater staff via social media in Shuswap, British Columbia, prompting the theater to cancel the film’s screening.

The staff of Salmar Theatres reported the threats and Salmar Community Association board member Chris Papworth confirmed Thursday the board agreed to cancel the film’s scheduled five-day run that would have begun July 12 at the Salmar Classic.

“We have a track record of showing things from a variety of points of view … we try not to preclude things because of whatever personal opinions may exist on our board or something like that,” explained Papworth.

“What’s different here … certainly in the past, there hasn’t been an effort to dox employees or, specifically, the general manager, by releasing their personal information on social media and then encouraging people to go after them as the one responsible for some heinous act,” he added. “We just aren’t prepared for those levels of hostility towards our general manager.”

In Shuswap, the screening of Unplanned had been organized with the support of members of the local Pro-Life Society.

“If they had just come out to picket while the movie is running, I could accept that,” said Hildegard Krieg, Pro-Life Society spokeswoman. “But I cannot accept that they should actually threaten somebody with violence personally and the family. That is absolutely uncalled for. A peaceful picket, OK, we walk through the picket line. But that is going too far.”

Krieg said an alternative plan would be for the Pro-Life Society to have a private showing at the Classic.

Source

IMHBAO, threats of death and violence from those who don't bat an eye (and even celebrate) the murder of an innocent unborn baby ought to be taken very seriously.
          I'm in some pro-life groups on facebook, and I've seen many screenshots of some truly heinous, vile things said (threats included) from the pro-choice crowd. Doesn't surprise me in the least.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

My country is even sicker than yours.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

And by giving in to those threats, they encourage these jackasses to do it again.

Comment

From The Guardian:

Source: Activists condemn Canadian cinema chain for screening anti-abortion film

Abortion rights defenders in Canada have accused the country’s largest cinema chain of hiding behind freedom of expression laws in order to screen a controversial US anti-choice film which has been described as “anti-abortion propaganda”.

The Abortion Rights Coalition of Canada (ARCC) said Cineplex Entertainment has “made a decision based on money, not freedom of speech” by choosing to screen Unplanned.

ARCC executive director Joyce Arthur said: “The movie theatres who are agreeing to show this film under the guise of free speech are publicly legitimizing anti-choice views.

She told the Guardian: “Why does much of civil society seem to think it’s still OK to allow public challenges of women’s rights in the name of free speech? That would never be tolerated if it, for example, were a white supremacist movie.”

Her comments came after the chief executive of Cineplex Entertainment defended his decision to screen Unplanned, a movie based on a memoir by Abby Johnson, a former director of a Texas Planned Parenthood clinic who has become a prominent anti-abortion activist.

Planned Parenthood has said the movie includes “many falsehoods”. Guardian film critic Jordan Hoffman called the film “a gory mess” before its March release in the US, while Variety described it as an “alarmist horror movie”.

In an open letter released Monday, Cineplex Entertainment chief Ellis Jacob said he made his decision to screen the film across Canada after receiving letters and calls on “both sides of the conversation”.

Jacob wrote: “Canada is a country that believes in and rallies behind freedom of expression, but that isn’t always an easy thing to do and it certainly doesn’t always make you popular.”

He said the decision was complicated and was not taken lightly, and that Canadians have the choice not to see the film.

Unplanned will have a one-week run in 14 Cineplex cinemas across Canada, starting 12 July. It will also screen in a handful of non-Cineplex theatres.

The film struggled for months to find a Canadian distributor. BJ McKelvie, a New Brunswick pastor who is also the president of Cinedicom, has said he took up the cause after hearing a message from God that implored him to distribute it himself.

Abortion has been legal in Canada since 1988, after Dr Henry Morgentaler successfully petitioned the country’s top court to rule that its abortion law was unconstitutional.

However, anti-abortion sentiment is growing in Canada. Last year, Maclean’s magazine writer Anne Kingston profiled the resurgence of the anti-abortion movement in Canada, noting that many of the country’s anti-abortion political groups have close ties to their US counterparts.

A number of politicians and prominent Canadians have voiced their disapproval of Cineplex’s decision on social media. Toronto city councillor Gord Perks took issue with Jacob’s warning against censorship. “It’s not censorship if it doesn’t involve state action,” he tweeted. “Cineplex is all too happy to attempt to mislead people in order to defend their decision to show this movie.”

ARCC’s Arthur said she feared the screening of Unplanned could incite hatred and violence against Canadian abortion providers. “I know the clinics and sexual health centres in Canada are pretty worried about the movie. Basically they’re bracing for a wave of hate,” she said.

Source

Gotta love this part

ARCC executive director Joyce Arthur said: “The movie theatres who are agreeing to show this film under the guise of free speech are publicly legitimizing anti-choice views.

Oh the horror of letting the other side express their views!

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

How awful! They are promoting the view that killing unborn babies is immoral! The cads!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    How awful! They are promoting the view that killing unborn babies is immoral! The cads!
                    It was a blatant hit piece worthy of CNN. The "reporter" merely repeated disparaging insults from Planned Parenthood (an unbiased source if there ever was one) with a couple negative reviews from a couple left wing film critics. And as if feeling a need to justify this hatchet job, The Guardian posted a notice stating how committed they are to championing abortion.

Still, it is mind boggling that a so-called journalist would so blatantly and openly sneer at the concept of free speech while pretty much making it clear that we need to be told by our "betters" which views are and are not "legitimate."

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      It was a blatant hit piece worthy of CNN. The "reporter" merely repeated disparaging insults from Planned Parenthood (an unbiased source if there ever was one) with a couple negative reviews from a couple left wing film critics. And as if feeling a need to justify this hatchet job, The Guardian posted a notice stating how committed they are to championing abortion.

Still, it is mind boggling that a so-called journalist would so blatantly and openly sneer at the concept of free speech while pretty much making it clear that we need to be told by our "betters" which views are and are not "legitimate."
                      Rogue is absolutely not entirely 100% wrong in any aspect of this post.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Rogue is absolutely not entirely 100% wrong in any aspect of this post.
                        NSA FTW

Comment

Unplanned is available now on DVD...

Blessings,
                          Lee
                          "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
                            Unplanned is available now on DVD...

Blessings,
                            Lee
                            Anyone wanna bet that the movie about liberals hunting Trump supporters makes it to cable or Netflix long before Unplanned does?

Comment

I watched the film when it came to my town. Then when it was released on Bluray, I bought the Bluray. It is an excellent film.

Comment