Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Christian supporters are unchristian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Your ignorance of scripture is truly amazing.
    Your amazement of scripture is truly ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      You are entitled to hold whatever contrary beliefs you wish. You are not entitled in a secular, multicultural society to attempt imposing those beliefs on others via legislation or other means.
      So if some people in our secular, multicultural society believe pedophilia is fine and dandy, no one should attempt to use force of law from acting on those beliefs?

Also, what do you mean by "other means"? If, for instance, I believe that any who do not believe Jesus is I AM are lost and will die in their sins, am I "imposing" this belief by the mere act of firmly stating it in the presence of those who do not agree?
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I don't try hard to convince myself of gods non existence at all, nor would I fear a god if one existed, particularly if it was an evil god such as the biblical yahwah. If an actual good god existed, then there would be absolutely nothing to fear, for he couldn't do evil, and if an evil god such as yahwah actually existed, then I'd say to hell with him.
        It's always entertaining to read the power fantasies of self-righteous atheists and and their delusions about what they'd say to God if they ever met Him.

You wouldn't say a thing if you came "face to face" with God. If God revealed Himself to you in His glory and majesty you'd be too terror-struck to say anything at all and would be too powerless to even stay standing in front of Him on your own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          It's always entertaining to read the power fantasies of self-righteous atheists and and their delusions about what they'd say to God if they ever met Him.

You wouldn't say a thing if you came "face to face" with God. If God revealed Himself to you in His glory and majesty you'd be too terror-struck to say anything at all and would be too powerless to even stay standing in front of Him on your own.
          Well, I at least thank you for correcting your fellow christians here who claim their/your god is not meant to be feared.

Comment

Well, I at least thank you for correcting your fellow christians here who claim their/your god is not meant to be feared.
            It's not even about whether or not you're meant to fear Him or not. It's just a simple fact that whenever someone is put face to face with God's majesty and glory in the Bible they're struck with terror and are completely powerless to do anything until God (or an intermediary) tells them to not be afraid and invigorates them so that they're able to stand in the presence of God.

But my fellow Christians here on TWeb are not incorrect. God is not meant to be feared. Fear is just the natural reaction to sinful man coming into contact with a holy and righteous God. Even a Christian will react in the same way (as evidenced by the Book of Revelation) because even though we've had our sins forgiven and do not have anything to fear from God we still have our sinful flesh with us that fears God's righteousness and cannot fully believe that God really has forgiven us all of our sins. Which is why even Daniel in the Old Testament, and John in the New Testament, two of the people that are depicted as among the most righteous among God's people, have to be comforted and invigorated in order to be able to stand in front of the presence of an almighty God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              It's not even about whether or not you're meant to fear Him or not. It's just a simple fact that whenever someone is put face to face with God's majesty and glory in the Bible they're struck with terror and are completely powerless to do anything until God (or an intermediary) tells them to not be afraid and invigorates them so that they're able to stand in the presence of God.

But my fellow Christians here on TWeb are not incorrect. God is not meant to be feared. Fear is just the natural reaction to sinful man coming into contact with a holy and righteous God. Even a Christian will react in the same way (as evidenced by the Book of Revelation) because even though we've had our sins forgiven and do not have anything to fear from God we still have our sinful flesh with us that fears God's righteousness and cannot fully believe that God really has forgiven us all of our sins. Which is why even Daniel in the Old Testament, and John in the New Testament, two of the people that are depicted as among the most righteous among God's people, have to be comforted and invigorated in order to be able to stand in front of the presence of an almighty God.
              Yes, i know how it works, up means down, and east means west, and when it comes to the bible, fear means whatever you want it to mean. The idea of Gods wrath, vengence, the flood, heaven or hell etc. etc., as they're portrayed in the bible are meant to put the fear of god into you.
              Last edited by JimL; 12-26-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                I don't try hard to convince myself of gods non existence at all, nor would I fear a god if one existed, particularly if it was an evil god such as the biblical yahwah. If an actual good god existed, then there would be absolutely nothing to fear, for he couldn't do evil, and if an evil god such as yahwah actually existed, then I'd say to hell with him.
                Maybe you'll even fool yourself.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Maybe you'll even fool yourself.
                  You certainly do, on a daily basis.

Comment

There is only about a zillion instances, google it.
                    Translation: I got nothing.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, i know how it works, up means down, and east means west, and when it comes to the bible, fear means whatever you want it to mean. The idea of Gods wrath, vengence, the flood, heaven or hell etc. etc., as they're portrayed in the bible are meant to put the fear of god into you.
                      How exactly does any of the things you mention, God's wrath and vengeance, the flood, hell and so on, all of which are things that God inflicted/inflicts upon people because of their sins, contradict my statement that a person who has gotten all of their sins forgiven no longer has any reason fear God, and the only reason they would react in fear when put in the presence of God is because they're still living in a body that has not been freed from the effects of sin?

Comment

Your amazement of scripture is truly ignorant.
                        So how many hits on your bong did it take you before that sounded even a bit clever?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          What they say: "You're not living like a true Christian."

What they mean: "You're not doing an impersonation of a doormat, and I really wish you would."
                          It's not that simple one size fits all sort of thing MM. Sometimes what you say is what is meant and in that case the comment can be ignored. Other times it's not even close, but rather the Christians have forgotten who they are in Christ and are violating what they say they believe and the non-Christians are taking notice and asking "What the?".

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            So how many hits on your bong did it take you before that sounded even a bit clever?
                            He musta got more coal for Christmas, cause he's in his incredibly petty and snarky mode.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jim - the God of the Bible is not evil. There is a lot to discuss on this issue, there is a lot that is hard to understand in the Old Testament, but that characterization simply isn't reality - at all. Christ is the full embodiment of that same God in human flesh. And He brings forgiveness and mercy to all the world. To any who would come to Him. That is who God is. That is the message of Christmas. A message of Hope and Peace to all the world. And any understanding of the Old Testament that doesn't fit with God as revealed in Christ is an incorrect understanding of it.

Jim
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                It's not that simple one size fits all sort of thing MM. Sometimes what you say is what is meant and in that case the comment can be ignored. Other times it's not even close, but rather the Christians have forgotten who they are in Christ and are violating what they say they believe and the non-Christians are taking notice and asking "What the?".

Jim
                                Of course they are because they want the doormat Christians that will clutch their pearls yelling about principles while they run roughshod over those principles.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment