Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The Man in the High Castle Amazon show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Man in the High Castle Amazon show

Very surprising show. I recommend it
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

I saw the first couple of seasons on Amazon Prime but haven't gotten a chance to watch the latest season. The book ain't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldo View Post
      I saw the first couple of seasons on Amazon Prime but haven't gotten a chance to watch the latest season. The book ain't bad either.
      User ratings for the third season are pretty bad. Different writers and flat story are the main complaints. And the inclusion of a gay character for no reason is another.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I remember thinking the first episode was amazing, but kind of got bored as it went on and dropped it around 2/3 of the way through the first season. Did it improve afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          User ratings for the third season are pretty bad. Different writers and flat story are the main complaints. And the inclusion of a gay character for no reason is another.
          The show was recommended to me and I've seen the first two seasons. It was good and thought provoking, although not my usual favoured genre.

I'm most certainly a "unless eater" and wouldn't be accommodated under such a regime.

Sadly people like me (long term disabled and/or mentally ill with little or no hope of recovery to work fitness) are only just being tolerated in the UK. Tens of thousands of us have needlessly died within weeks of being denied basic disability benefits. I'm sure it'll be different in the USA. You guys wouldn't, e.g. allow disabled vets to go homeless and uncared for like they do here.

Comment

Originally posted by MankyScotsGit View Post
            The show was recommended to me and I've seen the first two seasons. It was good and thought provoking, although not my usual favoured genre.

I'm most certainly a "unless eater" and wouldn't be accommodated under such a regime.

Sadly people like me (long term disabled and/or mentally ill with little or no hope of recovery to work fitness) are only just being tolerated in the UK. Tens of thousands of us have needlessly died within weeks of being denied basic disability benefits. I'm sure it'll be different in the USA. You guys wouldn't, e.g. allow disabled vets to go homeless and uncared for like they do here.
            Well, there are plenty of disabled vets here who are homeless. They can get benefits from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, though persuading the government to grant them can be complicated and there's a case backlog. I've done some pro bono work assisting them. Care for the homeless varies depending on location. Here in DC, the homeless generally have a place to sleep overnight and get at least one meal there, but they're put out on the streets during the day; they generally look well-fed (and sometimes throw away food if it is given to them when they're panhandling).
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by MankyScotsGit View Post

When Joe was fixing the flat tire and the "snow" started to fall, and the cop explained that it was the weekly burning of the infirmed and elderly, it hit me pretty hard how the Reich saw those who they saw as a drag on society. Very sobering look at how the world could have been.
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment