Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prophecy - The Egyptian nation will not rise again to rule

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Prophecy - The Egyptian nation will not rise again to rule

"I will turn the fortunes of Egypt and make them return to the land of Pathros, to the land of their origin, and there they will be a lowly kingdom. It will be the lowest of the kingdoms, and it will never again lift itself up above the nations. And I will make them so small that they will not rule over the nations. And it will never again be the confidence of the house of Israel, bringing to mind the iniquity of their having turned to Egypt. Then they will know that I am the Lord God.” (Ezekiel 29:14–16)

And this has been fulfilled, the Egyptian nation has not risen again to rule over the nations, nor have they again been the confidence of the Israelites.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Prophesy? yes and no. Pretty much all the kingdoms of history no longer rule other nations. They have become nations themselves,
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Caught in the Matrix
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    "I will turn the fortunes of Egypt and make them return to the land of Pathros, to the land of their origin, and there they will be a lowly kingdom. It will be the lowest of the kingdoms, and it will never again lift itself up above the nations. And I will make them so small that they will not rule over the nations. And it will never again be the confidence of the house of Israel, bringing to mind the iniquity of their having turned to Egypt. Then they will know that I am the Lord God.” (Ezekiel 29:14–16)

And this has been fulfilled, the Egyptian nation has not risen again to rule over the nations, nor have they again been the confidence of the Israelites.
    Really, and did the fortunes of Egypt return to the land of Pathros? And are they the lowest of nations? And btw, Israel is probably as close to Egypt as they are to any middle eastern country. Hardly prophetic, lee.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Prophesy? yes and no. Pretty much all the kingdoms of history no longer rule other nations. They have become nations themselves,
    Shall I speak of Germany, of Japan in recent memory? V-J day was in 1945, and communism still has as its stated agenda to conquer the world.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Really, and did the fortunes of Egypt return to the land of Pathros? And are they the lowest of nations? And btw, Israel is probably as close to Egypt as they are to any middle eastern country. Hardly prophetic, lee.
    The Egyptians did return to Pathros, which is upper Egypt, and the Egyptians have been a lowly kingdom, but this part need not continue forever. The part that will continue forever is that they will never rule other nations, and never again be the confidence of Israel, though the Egyptian dynasties lasted for thousands of years.

Blessings,
    Lee

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post

The Egyptians did return to Pathros, which is upper Egypt, and the Egyptians have been a lowly kingdom, but this part need not continue forever. The part that will continue forever is that they will never rule other nations, and never again be the confidence of Israel, though the Egyptian dynasties lasted for thousands of years.
    In actual history, Egypt under the leadership of Muhammed Ali conquered the Sudan, Syria (including the area that is modern-day Israel) and part of Libya.

But no doubt Lee has some flimsy excuse why this wouldn't count as not being a lowly kingdom, not ruling other nations, and remaining in Pathros.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    In actual history, Egypt under the leadership of Muhammed Ali conquered the Sudan, Syria (including the area that is modern-day Israel) and part of Libya.
    Was that during the "Rumble in the Jungle"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

8. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

But no doubt Lee has some flimsy excuse why this wouldn't count as not being a lowly kingdom, not ruling other nations, and remaining in Pathros.
    I can't speak for Lee, but I would argue that thanks to all the various upheavals and conquests in the interim (particularly the Arab conquest), what we now think of as Egypt is basically a different nation entirely from the Egypt of Ezekiel's time, much like how Mexico is a different country than the Aztec Empire. Heck, Muhammed Ali wasn't even Egyptian; he was Albanian.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    I can't speak for Lee, but I would argue that thanks to all the various upheavals and conquests in the interim (particularly the Arab conquest), what we now think of as Egypt is basically a different nation entirely from the Egypt of Ezekiel's time, much like how Mexico is a different country than the Aztec Empire. Heck, Muhammed Ali wasn't even Egyptian; he was Albanian.
    What you are describing is the natural course of civilization, and not the fulfillment of prophecy.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

11. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am aware of the Ottoman empire, and that was what Muhammed Ali was part of, this was not Egypt ruling other nations. As here:

Source: Encyclopedia Britannica

In 1841 he and his family were granted the hereditary right to rule Egypt and the Sudan, but his power was still subjected to restraints, and the sultan’s suzerain rights remained intact.

© Copyright Original Source

Blessings,
    Lee