Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Prophecy - The Egyptian nation will not rise again to rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Israel will rule other nations:

"Your gates will be open continually;
    They will not be closed day or night,
    So that men may bring to you the wealth of the nations,
    With their kings led in procession.
    For the nation and the kingdom which will not serve you will perish,
    And the nations will be utterly ruined." (Isaiah 60:11-12)

Blessings,
    Lee
    Since that predates the Roman conquest of Jerusalem in 63BC, in which a nation that didn't serve Zion clearly did not perish or be ruined, that prophecy fails even worse than the previous one.

Further on in the same chapter:

"Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders"

Prophecy shredded.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Since that predates the Roman conquest of Jerusalem in 63BC, in which a nation that didn't serve Zion clearly did not perish or be ruined, that prophecy fails even worse than the previous one.

Further on in the same chapter:

"Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders"

Prophecy shredded.
      But I take this prophecy as one that will be fulfilled in the future, not one that was fulfilled before 63 BC.

Blessings,
      Lee
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Is there any nation in existence at the time about which the statement would not have been true?
        Israel will rule other nations:
        Originally posted by lee_merrill View Post
        But I take this prophecy as one that will be fulfilled in the future, not one that was fulfilled before 63 BC.
        You were asked about the past/present, not the future.

As usual you are demonstrating your dishonesty clearly.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment