Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fake News & Election Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake News & Election Fraud

Source: A NY Times Reporter Spoke At An Event Organized By Alabama Dirty Tricksters

New York Times reporter Scott Shane spoke at an event organized by the group who ran a disinformation op aimed at helping defeat Roy Moore in Alabama.

Last week the New York Times revealed that money from tech billionaire Reid Hoffman was used to run a small disinformation “experiment” aimed at helping Democrat Doug Jones win last year’s Alabama special Senate election. That resulted in Facebook suspending five accounts and Hoffman issuing an apology.

But left unmentioned in the Times story was that one of its authors learned about the Alabama campaign when he spoke at an off-the-record meeting organized by the same group who ran the operation. A copy of a confidential report about the Alabama effort, obtained by BuzzFeed News, raises new questions about whether the project was — as the Times said — an “experiment,” or whether it was a straightforward Democratic attempt to replicate the model of the Russian Internet Research Agency.

Scott Shane, a Pulitzer Prize–winning New York Times national security reporter, was one of a handful of speakers at a meeting held in Washington in early September by American Engagement Technologies, according to an agenda obtained by BuzzFeed News. AET is run by Mikey Dickerson, who previously served in the Obama administration. The organization received $750,000 in funding that originated with Hoffman and spent approximately $100,000 of that on what was dubbed “Project Birmingham.”

During the meeting, Dickerson and Sara Hudson, a former Justice Department employee who now works for a company partly funded by Hoffman, detailed the results of their attempt to use social media and online ads to suppress Republican votes, “enrage” Democratic voters to help with turnout, and execute a “false flag” to hurt the campaign of Republican Roy Moore.

Shane told BuzzFeed News he did not know anything about Project Birmingham prior to accepting an invitation to speak about Russian disinformation at the AET event.

“It was basically a bunch of people getting together to talk about disinformation,” he said. “Part of the reason I agreed to speak, and somewhat reluctantly sign the NDA, is I was told by the organizer that I could follow up with any of the people on any of the projects after the meeting.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Raise your hand if you believe that this top New York Times reporter would have kept this "experiment" a secret if it were a conservative group doing it. For those of you who raised your hand I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale real cheap.
    Last edited by rogue06; 12-29-2018, 06:10 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

So they ruined a man's life, reputation and career as an "experiment?"

Comment

"It was just a prank, bro!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So they ruined a man's life, reputation and career as an "experiment?"
          They probably had a dollar riding on a bet . . .
          We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post
            They probably had a dollar riding on a bet . . .

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Source: A NY Times Reporter Spoke At An Event Organized By Alabama Dirty Tricksters

New York Times reporter Scott Shane spoke at an event organized by the group who ran a disinformation op aimed at helping defeat Roy Moore in Alabama.

Last week the New York Times revealed that money from tech billionaire Reid Hoffman was used to run a small disinformation “experiment” aimed at helping Democrat Doug Jones win last year’s Alabama special Senate election. That resulted in Facebook suspending five accounts and Hoffman issuing an apology.

But left unmentioned in the Times story was that one of its authors learned about the Alabama campaign when he spoke at an off-the-record meeting organized by the same group who ran the operation. A copy of a confidential report about the Alabama effort, obtained by BuzzFeed News, raises new questions about whether the project was — as the Times said — an “experiment,” or whether it was a straightforward Democratic attempt to replicate the model of the Russian Internet Research Agency.

Scott Shane, a Pulitzer Prize–winning New York Times national security reporter, was one of a handful of speakers at a meeting held in Washington in early September by American Engagement Technologies, according to an agenda obtained by BuzzFeed News. AET is run by Mikey Dickerson, who previously served in the Obama administration. The organization received $750,000 in funding that originated with Hoffman and spent approximately $100,000 of that on what was dubbed “Project Birmingham.”

During the meeting, Dickerson and Sara Hudson, a former Justice Department employee who now works for a company partly funded by Hoffman, detailed the results of their attempt to use social media and online ads to suppress Republican votes, “enrage” Democratic voters to help with turnout, and execute a “false flag” to hurt the campaign of Republican Roy Moore.

Shane told BuzzFeed News he did not know anything about Project Birmingham prior to accepting an invitation to speak about Russian disinformation at the AET event.

“It was basically a bunch of people getting together to talk about disinformation,” he said. “Part of the reason I agreed to speak, and somewhat reluctantly sign the NDA, is I was told by the organizer that I could follow up with any of the people on any of the projects after the meeting.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Raise your hand if you believe that this top New York Times reporter would have kept this "experiment" a secret if it were a conservative group doing it. For those of you who raised your hand I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale real cheap.
              So a former Obama crony engages in election tampering and the MSM knows about it but keeps it secret and there's no outcry from all those who were so upset with the Russians. I guess it all depends on who does it and who benefits.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So a former Obama crony engages in election tampering and the MSM knows about it but keeps it secret and there's no outcry from all those who were so upset with the Russians. I guess it all depends on who does it and who benefits.
                And still nothing from the left wing contingent here even after all their wringing of hands over interfering with elections. It's almost enough to make one think that they're being disingenuous.

Comment

And the silence continues to be deafening

Comment

Still nothing from those here who keep claiming that they are outraged over election tampering

smiley waiting2.gif

Comment

Still nothing from those here who keep claiming that they are outraged over election tampering

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34607[/ATTACH]
                      Can't trust your sourc

oh, wait....
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Wanting to give those who say they are upset with someone tampering with elections another opportunity to voice their displeasure.

Comment

Still no comment from those who purport to be outraged about tampering with elections.

Comment

Another month goes by without comment from liberals.

Comment

I don't like election fraud. However, I also am not ok with electing someone who has accusations of being a pedophile. At the time you made this post, I had been dealing with some issues in my own life and only recently started becoming more active again so I will need to research this before making a comment. That said, I don't actually represent the far left.
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment