Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 201 to 210 of 210

Thread: Optimized amino acids

  1. #201
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,348
    Amen (Given)
    1359
    Amen (Received)
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Thanks for the reference, though I don't see how expanding the amino acid set to 22 shows that they are currently evolving.

    Blessings,
    Lee
    That is one way evolution takes place as described in the references. It appears you have not read nor followed the references and the explanation The Lurch gave.

    Since you lack the background to understand the references. The fact that 'you do not see' does not count for anything.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  2. #202
    tWebber lee_merrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    707
    Amen (Given)
    226
    Amen (Received)
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    That is one way evolution takes place as described in the references. It appears you have not read nor followed the references and the explanation The Lurch gave.

    Since you lack the background to understand the references. The fact that 'you do not see' does not count for anything.
    But this is not an argument, I need substantial counterpoints, to show me how amino acid sets are currently evolving.

    Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

  3. #203
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,348
    Amen (Given)
    1359
    Amen (Received)
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    But this is not an argument, I need substantial counterpoints, to show me how amino acid sets are currently evolving.

    Blessings,
    Lee
    Both The Lurch and I gave you the references and you are mindlessly stone walling without reading the source nor likely understanding them.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  4. #204
    tWebber lee_merrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    707
    Amen (Given)
    226
    Amen (Received)
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Both The Lurch and I gave you the references and you are mindlessly stone walling without reading the source nor likely understanding them.
    None of the references showed amino acid sets currently evolving, if not, show me where they did so.

    Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

  5. #205
    tWebber TheLurch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Faith
    MYOB
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,117
    Amen (Given)
    70
    Amen (Received)
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    None of the references showed amino acid sets currently evolving, if not, show me where they did so.
    Have you looked up how many different genetic codes there are yet? If not, why should we supply Mr. "i'm willing to learn" with more links you'll ignore?

  6. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
  7. #206
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,348
    Amen (Given)
    1359
    Amen (Received)
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    None of the references showed amino acid sets currently evolving, if not, show me where they did so.

    Blessings,
    Lee

    The references show the evolution beyond the set of twenty, and reasons why the basic sets of amino acids evolved to what they are. Evolution takes place by natural selection. References were provided and you have not responded to the references, nor have you demonstrated the basic knowledge to understand the references. If there is not pressure for evolution to change there will not be significant change.

    Why should the sets of amino acids continuously change?
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-20-2019 at 05:47 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

  8. #207
    tWebber Roy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,294
    Amen (Given)
    547
    Amen (Received)
    1367
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    None of the references showed amino acid sets currently evolving, ...
    Says some-one who hasn't actually read them.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

  9. #208
    tWebber lee_merrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    707
    Amen (Given)
    226
    Amen (Received)
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLurch View Post
    Have you looked up how many different genetic codes there are yet? If not, why should we supply Mr. "i'm willing to learn" with more links you'll ignore?
    Well, there are more than one, though I need to be shown how amino acid sets are currently evolving.

    Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

  10. #209
    tWebber lee_merrill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    707
    Amen (Given)
    226
    Amen (Received)
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    If there is not pressure for evolution to change there will not be significant change.

    Why should the sets of amino acids continuously change?
    I actually hold that the amino acid set we have now doesn't change, because it is so fundamental to life. Others here are arguing that amino acids sets evolved, and I wonder how.

    Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

  11. #210
    tWebber shunyadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,348
    Amen (Given)
    1359
    Amen (Received)
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Well, there are more than one, though I need to be shown how amino acid sets are currently evolving.

    Blessings,
    Lee
    Still have not answered the question: Why should the sets of amino acids continuously change?

    Still waiting . . .
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

    go with the flow the river knows . . .

    Frank

    I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •