Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Optimized amino acids

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Thanks for the reference, though I don't see how expanding the amino acid set to 22 shows that they are currently evolving.

Blessings,
    Lee
    That is one way evolution takes place as described in the references. It appears you have not read nor followed the references and the explanation The Lurch gave.

Since you lack the background to understand the references. The fact that 'you do not see' does not count for anything.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    That is one way evolution takes place as described in the references. It appears you have not read nor followed the references and the explanation The Lurch gave.

Since you lack the background to understand the references. The fact that 'you do not see' does not count for anything.
    But this is not an argument, I need substantial counterpoints, to show me how amino acid sets are currently evolving.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But this is not an argument, I need substantial counterpoints, to show me how amino acid sets are currently evolving.

Blessings,
    Lee
    Both The Lurch and I gave you the references and you are mindlessly stone walling without reading the source nor likely understanding them.
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Both The Lurch and I gave you the references and you are mindlessly stone walling without reading the source nor likely understanding them.
    None of the references showed amino acid sets currently evolving, if not, show me where they did so.

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    MYOB
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    None of the references showed amino acid sets currently evolving, if not, show me where they did so.
    Have you looked up how many different genetic codes there are yet? If not, why should we supply Mr. "i'm willing to learn" with more links you'll ignore?

6. Amen Roy amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Blessings,
    Lee

The references show the evolution beyond the set of twenty, and reasons why the basic sets of amino acids evolved to what they are. Evolution takes place by natural selection. References were provided and you have not responded to the references, nor have you demonstrated the basic knowledge to understand the references. If there is not pressure for evolution to change there will not be significant change.

Why should the sets of amino acids continuously change?
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-20-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Frank

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    None of the references showed amino acid sets currently evolving, ...
    Says some-one who hasn't actually read them.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLurch View Post
    Have you looked up how many different genetic codes there are yet? If not, why should we supply Mr. "i'm willing to learn" with more links you'll ignore?
    Well, there are more than one, though I need to be shown how amino acid sets are currently evolving.

Blessings,
    Lee

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If there is not pressure for evolution to change there will not be significant change.

Why should the sets of amino acids continuously change?
    I actually hold that the amino acid set we have now doesn't change, because it is so fundamental to life. Others here are arguing that amino acids sets evolved, and I wonder how.

Blessings,
    Lee

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well, there are more than one, though I need to be shown how amino acid sets are currently evolving.

Blessings,
    Lee
    Still have not answered the question: Why should the sets of amino acids continuously change?

Still waiting . . .

Frank