Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Documents Suggest The Steele Dossier Was A Deliberate Setup For Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Documents Suggest The Steele Dossier Was A Deliberate Setup For Trump

New Documents Suggest The Steele Dossier Was A Deliberate Setup For Trump

A trove of recently released documents sheds further light on the scope and logistics of the information operation designed to sabotage an American election. Players include the press, political operatives from both parties, and law enforcement and intelligence officials. Their instrument was the Steele dossier, first introduced to the American public two years ago.

A collection of reports compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele, the dossier is now engraved in contemporary U.S. history. First marketed as bedrock evidence that Donald Trump colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election, the dossier’s legitimacy took a hit after reports showed the Hillary Clinton campaign paid for the work.

The revelation that the dossier was used to secure a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant on Trump campaign adviser Carter Page compromised the integrity of the investigation the FBI had opened on Page and three other Trump associates by the end of July 2016. Nonetheless, that same probe continues today as the special counsel investigation.

The dossier plays a central role in Robert Mueller’s probe. In the unredacted portions of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein’s memo outlining Mueller’s scope are allegations that Trump adviser Paul Manafort colluded with Russian government officials interfering in the 2016 race. That claim is found in no other known document but the dossier. It is unclear whether further dossier allegations are in the redacted portions of the scope memo.

Further, with Mueller in charge, the dossier-won warrant on Page was renewed a third, and final, time in June 2017. It expired in September, when confidential human source Stefan Halper reportedly broke off regular communications with Page.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Anybody who has been following this story (and I mean really following it and not just swallowing the tripe that's slopped out by the liberal media) has known all of this for at least a year. The whole Mueller probe is built on the filmiest evidence at best, and is a complete fraud at worst (I'm inclined towards the latter). The frustrating part is that it seems there's nobody to hold the crooks accountable. Sessions happily recused himself and then actively turned a blind eye to the shenanigans, and it looks increasingly like the Huber and Hororwitz investigation may have been a con job set up by Sessions to protect his buddies in the FBI and DOJ. Mueller also has all the evidence locked up, making oversight virtually impossible, since any attempts to get at information, even legitimate discovery requests by defense attorneys, are stonewalled with proclamations of "Sorry, active investigation."

Frustrating, and a little discouraging.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Anybody who has been following this story (and I mean really following it and not just swallowing the tripe that's slopped out by the liberal media) has known all of this for at least a year. The whole Mueller probe is built on the filmiest evidence at best, and is a complete fraud at worst (I'm inclined towards the latter). The frustrating part is that it seems there's nobody to hold the crooks accountable. Sessions happily recused himself and then actively turned a blind eye to the shenanigans, and it looks increasingly like the Huber and Hororwitz investigation may have been a con job set up by Sessions to protect his buddies in the FBI and DOJ. Mueller also has all the evidence locked up, making oversight virtually impossible, since any attempts to get at information, even legitimate discovery requests by defense attorneys, are stonewalled with proclamations of "Sorry, active investigation."

Frustrating, and a little discouraging.
      Let's not forget his somehow allowing 19,000 text messages to be erased so that nobody will ever be able to examine them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Let's not forget his somehow allowing 19,000 text messages to be erased so that nobody will ever be able to examine them.
        There's your obstruction of justice.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment